• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Wavedash/waveland lag doesn't become affected by how far you wd. It's always 10 frames

Thanks alot for the Bair/Nair advice though :)

Does anybody know if there are any significant differences in terms of hitstun between nair/bair ? I've been doing some testing and it seems that nair has slightly more stun at low%, and around mid % they're roughly the same.
But my ways of testing aren't reliable. (And my results don't really make sense since bair is supposed to be stronger >.>)

and the trajectory's that bair and nair send your opponent is roughly the same aswell. So there really seems to be no advantages of using bair instead of nair except the slight differences in lag and speed :/

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Hey Jman I was the DE player in your pool at Alukard's Biweekly. I have a couple of questions.

1) At lower % in Fox dittos when your opponent shines you should you always try to CC it?
2) Do you DI using both sticks or just the analog? I try to use both and it seems to work out ok.
3) Is it possible to CC--> grab a Fox that nairs you at lower %?

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i agree

*stretch*

and lol typing

like this is

soooo ****
i think he was joking XD

but i guess u have a better fox then me :psycho:...

Today 04:18 PM
Nick Nasty Hey Jman I was the DE player in your pool at Alukard's Biweekly. I have a couple of questions.

1) At lower % in Fox dittos when your opponent shines you should you always try to CC it?
2) Do you DI using both sticks or just the analog? I try to use both and it seems to work out ok.
3) Is it possible to CC--> grab a Fox that nairs you at lower %?
1) DONT! try to CC shines
2) i just use my control stick to DI but if that works 4 u that cool
3) u can CC nair @ % but there wont be a point cause they will shiine after then thunders u..what u can do is CC the nair if your @ low % and shine then u can tech chase after

hope it helps
3)

Alukard

Smash Hero
jesus in the thread title put official ... u put ofiical lol <3 ur youth ^_^

to change it go to edit on the first post and then hit advanced =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
Jman: Good **** beating M2k at alu's biweekly.
it wasn't just a bi weekly ... it was a big tourney ... ^_^

an ANMC event !!!

i'm soo proud of him ... can u tell ?? LOL ^_^

also for my question

hey jman ... did my marth practice help at all ??

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Was that the first installation of the circuit tournies? We've been talking about getting involved in the circuit too. Melee scene is getting bigger again. We have more and more players coming out to stuff now.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Was that the first installation of the circuit tournies? We've been talking about getting involved in the circuit too. Melee scene is getting bigger again. We have more and more players coming out to stuff now.
well bring yo behinds to the next event its like in december so u have ample time =P

idea

Smash Master
rest can be pretty technical <_<

mango i stole your thing where you rest a spacy up-b-recovering toward the edge using invincibility frames. i sacrificed a likely four-stock to do that to someone =P it might have been at kansas, i can't remember.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Mango types

like this

because his spacing

is very ****.

He doesn't want

His sentences

To shieldgrab

each

other

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^Jab canceling. You crouch between every jab so that pressing A won't activate the second jab (the one before the rapid kicks)
you won't have to neutralize the stick between every jab tho. If you hold down and the opposite direction that you're facing in and press A you'll do a jab. If you turned around and did a low angled f tilt you held your stick to far to the side, if you did a dtilt you held down to much.

Uuuh another question: what do you guys usually do against sweetspotters? Does fox have any good edgeguarding move that reaches far below the stage?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Jab cancel. Tap down after doing a jab.

Edit: Mike is too fast.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Bair doesn't much. Everyone does it too high.

The most reliable and effective sweetspot killer for Fox is his Low angled ftilt. If you time it properly, it cuts through the firefox completely. Most people don't know this.

Also, if you walk up and teeter the edge your opponent is trying to sweetspot - throw out an fsmash and it will intercept if they are coming from above.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
rest can be pretty technical <_<

mango i stole your thing where you rest a spacy up-b-recovering toward the edge using invincibility frames. i sacrificed a likely four-stock to do that to someone =P it might have been at kansas, i can't remember.
i know this is the fox thread but can i get vids of this plox.

nd ^ yeah i still cant pivot jab :( tips...

idea

Smash Master
i know this is the fox thread but can i get vids of this plox.

nd ^ yeah i still cant pivot jab :( tips...
i dunno, it's kind of silly so maybe it was a friendly between him and lucky? that would make the most sense. there definitely aren't any vids of me doing that...there are like no videos of me at all =( just from one set a while ago that's not very impressive. i don't like fighting link. ...i'mma ask about that in the jigglypuff thread actually.

also at kansas, there was one falcon where i ledgehop midair rested him on my 2nd-last or last stock (and his last)...i thought that was cool cause i didn't think about it at all, and that's a pretty risky thing to be sure you can hit with. plus it looked awesome. this was probably either captain love or jbmfalcon.

oh, sorry. fox is good and stuff. edgeguard people with uptilt, it'll probably stagespike them or something.

idea

Smash Master
idea i think that might have been big d in pools, lol
or him...but i think i was playing him on a different tv than i the one i remember for this match...

lol gotm, i beat you in friendlies and you beat me even worse in tournament. how does that work X_X

Top Bottom