• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Over the summer I had no job so I played with shrouded one everyday for like 5 or 6 hours.
Then I practiced techskill for an hour or two.
So usually a total of 8 hours a day during the summer.
Now that school is a thing again I try to play at least every other day for minimum of 30 minutes. I usually play a couple hours friday night and a lot on the weekend.
Hopefully once I get more into a shedule I can start practicing daily again.

For fox falco I really like BF, because i feel like that is the most neutral stage in the MU. I also like dreamland because personal preference. I feel like yoshi's is really good too, but I don't like it all that much vs falco. Oh and pokemanz feels pretty even.
U strongly dislike FD and I just dislike FoD always...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's just personal stage preference IMO ...
Smaller stages if you like to pressure them, bigger stages if you like to run around
FD if you want to chaingrab
FoD if you're strange (low platforms also hinder Falco lasers)

Pretty simple
I don't think any reeeeally stand out as better than another

S l o X

Smash Champion
got destroyed as a result. I also didn't get wrecked.
it's ok i just thought it was really funny how every tournament you guys are both at you are always in the same pool. also because i heard something about your best matchup being marth and i believe his is falco. rivalries are cyute.

get everyone from md/va to go to rom so i can money match everyone ^ ^

fox sheik prob best but its so hard to drop falcon

strawhats

Smash Master
it's ok i just thought it was really funny how every tournament you guys are both at you are always in the same pool. also because i heard something about your best matchup being marth and i believe his is falco. rivalries are cyute.

get everyone from md/va to go to rom so i can money match everyone ^ ^

fox sheik prob best but its so hard to drop falcon
this kid always trying to start something...thanks dark salt. <.<

also lol at me and bones always being in the same pool. I do like the falco MU alot though/though i think i do priy gud in marth dittos too. Thanks to Thorn/Bolt (my ***** colin)/ and of course detres (aka slox in sox), and Tim/Jack/aka Swiftbass.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I've had a revelation regarding Fox

this character is all about spacing.

I mean why have tech skill when your spacing is godly

Twinkles

Smash Lord
The meme's gotten old IMO. Falco = broken is an exaggeration (not too much of one though lawl). I just don't agree with KK's statement about Falco not requiring spacing, but I just wanted to know if he was being serious or being a troll. Either way, in my personal view it is a bad comment because it's incorrect and it's not really funny.

That said, KK's always been an awesome poster though, and I dunno, he could probably say something really smart-sounding about how Falco doesn't require spacing and I'd believe it in a heartbeat.

Brookman

Smash Hero
if there is any character who requires no spacing it is falco. by comparison the statement is true.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think I'm the last person who plays this game who doesn't see an issue with Falco at ALL.

You all are crazy.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, in that case, Peach is also a BIG issue, and Fox, and Sheik, and Marth, and Puff....

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think it'd be funny if Mango started only playing Fox and PP started only playing Marth. Then there'd be no good Falco players, and people would still call him broken even if Apex or some other national had to go down 30 some placings before finding another Falco main (Westballz?).

BEHR

Smash Hero
Nah I dont think Falco is broken and I play with PP alot here in NC.

I think what makes a Character "broken" is the player.

Bones0

Smash Legend
He also went Fox vs. Shroomed at Rule 6, lost a game, switched to Falco, and brought it back. He also goes Falco vs. most Fox players I've seen (SFAT, Lovage, Javi in the Apex pride match). The only people he seems to prefer playing with Fox are Armada, Hbox, and I guess Taj. lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
nope cuz id have the edge over them both if that were the case imo (@ bones)

not right now tho im quitting for a while and i wont be at Rom5 unless they allow me to still enter if i show up at 4 PM, since my class ends at 12:50 am in south jersey on saturdays

but i truely do think falco is the superior singles char, and its showed in the results most of the time from 2005-12 by numerous different people of different skill levels consistently. Even forward/PC/Zhu have admitted they think he's the best also. Idk how you guys think fox is better when the demand for consistency (this is IMPORTANt, you can't just assume theoretical level all the time guys) is so much harder with him for the same results, and with combos you can DI out of easier with either smash DI, or downwards DI and tech-mix-ups.

mango does the best vs hbox/armada with puff btw, but has more fun with fox. Taj is the main player he does best against with fox.

Armada

Smash Lord
M2K: Im not sure if Fox is the best choice for Mango against me. Even if I hate Puff Mangos style is not even close to Hbox and Hbox style is more of a problem for me then Puff many times (even if I still hate Puff).

And on my counterpicks I think he would not like to play Puff because of Y link.

Btw: The more I play with Falco the better he feels but I like to fight him with a lot of chars so I don't know what to think :p

Bones0

Smash Legend
nope cuz id have the edge over them both if that were the case imo (@ bones)

not right now tho im quitting for a while and i wont be at Rom5 unless they allow me to still enter if i show up at 4 PM, since my class ends at 12:50 am in south jersey on saturdays

but i truely do think falco is the superior singles char, and its showed in the results most of the time from 2005-12 by numerous different people of different skill levels consistently. Even forward/PC/Zhu have admitted they think he's the best also. Idk how you guys think fox is better when the demand for consistency (this is IMPORTANt, you can't just assume theoretical level all the time guys) is so much harder with him for the same results, and with combos you can DI out of easier with either smash DI, or downwards DI and tech-mix-ups.

mango does the best vs hbox/armada with puff btw, but has more fun with fox. Taj is the main player he does best against with fox.
I wasn't saying Mango and PP would do better vs. you (or anyone) if they changed characters. I just think it'd be funny because there'd be no top players using the character most people consider to be broken. I think Falco is better overall than Fox though.

Top Bottom