• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
ill try it out now. but you should be able to d.i. it. Just because I've never seen it doesn't mean it can't be done.

I don't see what makes it different from other moves in terms of the way you should d.i.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
u can bair shine if u hit low on the shield
soap delivers

edit: you can di away from samus's u-tilt on the ground behind OR away from her. just hold a direction.

edit2: fox vs samus is pretty even as a matchup you just have to camp like a gay and manuever around her moves and force her into the air and punish her and bait stupid stuff and u-smash her out of it (this is why sh u-smash works btw it gives the impression you're attacking and they usually sidestep or stuff and then you punish) and not be playing against hugs.

soap

Smash Hero
i remember chillin fronzling watty with bair shine pressure and watty couldnt upb he was like wtf is going on?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
just watch out for the sidestep dont let it mess up your lcancel timing
i've been thinking about it and i'm wondering if samus could up+b after the shine hits, before the bair comes down on your shield, because it sounds like you're delaying the aerial a bit.

but i lack ar so i can't really test.

HOO%

Smash Rookie
lol bernard...its ok calm down
but srsly.........................................................

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
God, Samus is so extremely annoying and boring to fight. No offense to Samus players.

It almost reminds me of Brawl.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
other than pika's u-air, f-smash, and u-smash your aerials go through pretty much all his moves so just space and do whatever.

and u-throw u-air massacres him unless they can sdi.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pika is horrible vs Fox. Just drill grab a lot and regular grab.
this man speaks the truth.

i remember playing n64 with my terrible terrible fox at TGMTSBCO and being down 2 stocks (4-2) from gimps and then all i did was spam grab and u-throw combos and then i suddenly started winning.

and then he gimped me at the end and i lost.

i failed as a fox.

so then i went sheik.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Do you guys think the Fox vs Falcon Matchup is better than the Sheik vs Falcon one ?
Which character would be the better choice ? (plz dont say fox only bcuz its the fox boards)

Also would the best strategy against falcon be like shinespike only ?
And what are good things to do against falcon ?
I saw SW using waveshines after throw a few times.

GOTM

Smash Champion
What game are you playing?

0-death on Pikas all daaaai.
lol, i was more making a joke of how almost every character in the game can 0-death fox, haha. i always say that when people complain about fox, but they never think its funny, lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Do you guys think the Fox vs Falcon Matchup is better than the Sheik vs Falcon one ?
Which character would be the better choice ? (plz dont say fox only bcuz its the fox boards)

sheik is worse i think

she's all the fun of fox only she has f-tilt, massive priority/range in general (two areas where falcon otherwise struggles in), and the most amazingly crazy tech rolls in the game.

fox just death combos him. with falcon, you can beat fox's nair can be with falcon's nair with perfect spacing and stuff because of fox's crap range. in general your moves will lose regardless, but sometimes you can outspace him when he does certain stuff. with sheik you try to space nair through her f-tilt or bair and it's like "lol.....no."

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

Utilts kill his approach, uthrow utilt is a good combo. waveshine utilt/dtilt/grab/usmash.

Anything works on Falcon. He's a big fat combo doll.

soap

Smash Hero
i main sheik and i hate fighting good falcons... hit and runs then uthrow knee at 65 and you are done. i was thinking of going fox for falcons, he seems to have a better pressure game as well as gimps falcon easier than sheik

Top Bottom