• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhm it depends on who you are waveshining? if its like falcon/marth i always waveshine grab up throw...if its peach/falcon i either waveshien grab up throw, or waveshine jab upsmash or just upsmash...if its fox or falco...attempt to thunders (waveshine jab to reset, and i normally grab or upsmash)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
vs. Marth I waveshine to usmash under 30% sometimes. It leads to uairs, and sometimes they try to come back down and fair you after the usmash. If they try to you can CC usmash the fair or just time it and trade.

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
i know it dont matter but i mean if you start to waveshine at a low percentage then you're stuck because you cant kill them at low percentages. BTW NICE VID Silent Wolf...the mini combo video even though it was a little bit it rocked so much. ou could see that you have lot's of EXP on melee especially on the first combo on the captain....****....

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
No, waveshining at low percentages leads into combos. That's how Fox kills low traction characters. Waveshine>grab> Uthrow> Uair. Get Falcon to higher percents before going for the Uair. For him: ws>grab>Uthrow> Usmash>chaingrab>Utilt juggle>Uair. Falcon is resistant to vertical kills, however.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
iono, i just cg falcon, then if they stop di'ing, i'll proceed to uptilt, or if they still are di'ing past 60, i'll go for the nair and try to follow up

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
any general ideas on recovering say your opponent isn't edge guarding but is shl in place with falco and your on the ledge.

i just hate it. and feel like if i roll im gonna get shl-grabbed. jump im gonna get shot. iono lol.

not that big of a concern but any tips help.
Grab the edge, then drop down and re-grab to get invincibility frames. When you ledge-hop, any laser shot at you will pass through you, and you get a few frames of invincibility to rush him and get behind him and reset your spacing.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
like just sffling nairs? i dunno if u hit the weak part every time its pretty good in like mid percentages then edgehog but like... my tendency is always to shffl into a shine anyway so ic ant chain them due to habit :/

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol.

I'm hosting this huge tourny at my place this weekend to warm up for event 52. Sliq is coming from Buffalo. yaaay

Also, sure we should ditto.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So today I did a whole heap of Fox Vs. Falcon matches.

I noticed that my opponent's use of the range of Falcon's Nair zoned me pretty **** well. I've begun to main Fox, and am reasonably technically proficient (No jump cancelled Fox shines, I like my fingers), but I have little experience with him, or at least, no experience with outside years of friendlies.

So yeah, what should I do to deal with Falcon's nair? Mostly, we'd charge at each other and challenge each other's nair's and his would win out. Am I just doing it wrong? I began to play a lot more defensively after a while. Bullying him with the F-tilt. Is the answer 'Don't challenge the nair with my own'?

I was going to record matches, but my camera malfunctioned when I tried to use it : /
Next time I guess.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Try to space well and shield grab.

Predict his approach and do a double jumped fast falled drillshine into grab or up smash, or you could dash backwards and then go for a jc grab (or keep running and grab if he keeps dash dancing or dashing backwards after an aerial)

Mostly, is all about spacing because you can't grab falcon's aerials if he's spacing well

But sadly, washine > falcon

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
vs. Falcon - CC his nair to usmash. You can CC his nair in excesses of 30 so after that Usmash its all cheese combos for his stock. If you can't CC well enough yet, just roll behind him and rush him before he starts nairing again. An even better tactic would be to fullhop FF nair. Your nair will beat his coming from above.

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
today i played some friendlies at school. i told my teacher thatthere's an online competition and that the best 3 clips bring in 300 in cash lol she believed me and we played. i actually recorded it so be expecting a thread of my vids soon. maybe on monday but ima try to get them up by this weekend.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Try to space well and shield grab.

Predict his approach and do a double jumped fast falled drillshine into grab or up smash, or you could dash backwards and then go for a jc grab (or keep running and grab if he keeps dash dancing or dashing backwards after an aerial)

Mostly, is all about spacing because you can't grab falcon's aerials if he's spacing well

But sadly, washine > falcon
Okay, I'll keep it in mind.
Waveshine ftw.

vs. Falcon - CC his nair to usmash. You can CC his nair in excesses of 30 so after that Usmash its all cheese combos for his stock. If you can't CC well enough yet, just roll behind him and rush him before he starts nairing again. An even better tactic would be to fullhop FF nair. Your nair will beat his coming from above.
I can CC, but Barwl makes me stupid. lol.
From above? Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks guys.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
for falcon, u can basically up-tilt through all of his aerials. Brookman said this earlier, and its surprisingly effective.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I once kept shffling nairs in place with Fox and my opponent kept jumping into it with his nair.
It was really funny xD

But what im trying to say is, against CF it's good to pressure him, cuz he's got no priority at all.

Just saying.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
holy **** i played a gay samus yesterday few questions. where the hell am i suppose to be ding d-smash? should i be attempting to tech it? would u suggest practicing it b/c im pretty cosistent with ledge tech, platform teching etc.

anywho this same would just camp. i attempted to just camp back with laser spam and shining missles but didn't work too well. and basically their whole game was i approach w-d back f-smash, w-d back cc d-smash, or if i hit their shield up-b out of shield.

i managed it's just i was so annoyed with the matchup that i thought was kinda easy yesterday.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
holy **** i played a gay samus yesterday few questions. where the hell am i suppose to be ding d-smash? should i be attempting to tech it? would u suggest practicing it b/c im pretty cosistent with ledge tech, platform teching etc.

anywho this same would just camp. i attempted to just camp back with laser spam and shining missles but didn't work too well. and basically their whole game was i approach w-d back f-smash, w-d back cc d-smash, or if i hit their shield up-b out of shield.

i managed it's just i was so annoyed with the matchup that i thought was kinda easy yesterday.
My brother plays the EXACT same way. Except he is also into jabbing a lot with tilts, keeping his CC ready. I can beat him probably about 60%, buts its really tedious.

Top Bottom