• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Bones0

Smash Legend
You probably practice tech differently because of how you focus in real games. Try practicing tech with a CPU running around and focus on him while doing tech skill.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I turn off all the lights in my room then practice blindfolded and record the matches for later studying.

This is what goku told me in the mountains.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I enjoyed commentating with KK even though I felt my commentary in general was worse than what I ideally like to do when commentating. (KK asked me for my opinion on things and everything so I'm not sure where the cutting people off thing was)

I haven't heard any finals commentary yet soooo I guess I can't say for sure

BUT hearing KK and Kage commentate....I want a freaking show they star in LMFAO

"Hbox is on a winning streak against Mango"

"No he's not he just won their last set"

"Ya but it was ****"

"1 set is not a streak Kage"

they stare at each other

LMFAOAOAOAAOAOOAOAOAO I cried

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Tsk.. I guess I can bring some unique flavors for commentating.. lol. That was exactly where I felt awkward too. I'll forgive you KK.. this time... ;)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
The PP/Mango commentary duo was probably my favorite of that tournament because the contrast in how they talked/acted was hilarious

KK's was aight too. Definitely not muting material

Mahone

Smash Champion
I have been messing around with just drilling past puffs shield to drill again with no shine @ all. I tested it on soft, not let me test it out on hbox in 2 weeks.

About the commentary. I agree with lovage and kage . I think it was fine,just try to suck up the way you feel and just commentate. I thought it was better than alot of other commentators,just have someone hype with you and you will be fine :)
To do the "@" sign you have to hit "Shift" + "2"

To spell the word "at" you have to hit "a" then "t"

You wrote "I have" instead of "I've" and "you will" instead of "you'll"

You see the problem here don't you?

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
I turn off all the lights in my room then practice blindfolded and record the matches for later studying.

This is what goku told me in the mountains.
Surely he mentioned the weighted training gloves, heavy enough to create a small crater upon impact with the ground, as they are an absolute necessity. If you don't have a pair on hand, you could just use hockey gloves for the same effect.

On a side note, does anyone ever notice their rumble rumbling when dash dancing? Of course mines always been turned off, but the DD movements like to make it kinda half-***** rumble anyway. ****'s annoying :sadeyes:

Van.

Smash Ace
what do ya'll think of using double hit fair in shield pressure? Mango did it to Armada once. Idk the frames or anything but it seems pretty good to me, its like you get an early aerial and a late aerial in between shines.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage - i love when u commentate
I think I can do a lot better if Im not freaking high when I commentate lol, I listened to myself while doing it and I did not think I was bad, I just lacked content and also I wasn't talking enough to keep the viewers informed on what's going on. I know it's tough in doubles but I can do it i think, I can also refine on what the players are looking for instead of doing play by play. And also I can bring hype if I want for sure. I'll just have to keep training this if I have the opportunity as long as people don't mind.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
what do ya'll think of using double hit fair in shield pressure? Mango did it to Armada once. Idk the frames or anything but it seems pretty good to me, its like you get an early aerial and a late aerial in between shines.
Well it's all right except there's a lot of lag when you hit the ground on a fair so your "late aerial" doesn't have the usual property of being able to lead to a safe shine on their shield like a late nair or bair would.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Idk how fair would be good, really. Even if you hit them, so what? It's fair. Even at high %s it's not sending them off stage. You might as well shine-grab if you are that confident they will hold shield.

PB&J

Smash Hero
To do the "@" sign you have to hit "Shift" + "2"

To spell the word "at" you have to hit "a" then "t"

You wrote "I have" instead of "I've" and "you will" instead of "you'll"

You see the problem here don't you?
My Bad,typed kinda lazy that time..lol

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If u do it late they can nair out b4 u nair but besides that no

:phone:
Sounds good. I'm looking to seriously start looking at using shine grab way more because my shield pressure is pretty solid but I don't abuse the conditioning nearly as much as I should.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i shine grab alot. its pretty useful when people are near the ledge and u are chasing them down. Most people shield more often near the ledge so you will either get the grab or they will drop there shield and you will get the shine. Thats just one observation of many uses of the shine grab

crush

Smash Master
i shine grab alot. its pretty useful when people are near the ledge and u are chasing them down. Most people shield more often near the ledge so you will either get the grab or they will drop there shield and you will get the shine. Thats just one observation of many uses of the shine grab
lmfao dude all ur posts look like a 4th grade writinng assignment where the tetacher told u to write 4-6 sentences and u only really wrote like 5 words but u add on random sentences to fulfill the requirements

Tero.

Smash Champion
Actually I think that post was pretty good. I mean it's true and I don't think people do it enough

unknown522

Some guy
naw, it's unsafe. Also mango did it by mistake anyway.

Anyone know if you late nair -> shine -> grab if Peach can nair out?
She can't n-air out when you hit the shine, but your grab will miss too anyway. After you miss, she will probably punish you for that.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I've never seen Peach jump to escape a shinegrab before, are you sure she can? its not like she gets out of grab range immediately after leaving the ground
Seeing your location made me :c.

Yeah, I doubt Peach can nair OoS vs. shine-grab in theory. In practice, it'd probably work out for her more often than not unless the Fox player does it really fast.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Seeing your location made me :c.

Yeah, I doubt Peach can nair OoS vs. shine-grab in theory. In practice, it'd probably work out for her more often than not unless the Fox player does it really fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_-lis05Okw#t=0m23s

lol this peach grabbed him like instantly right after that shine

I think if they both attempted a grab then player slot priortiy would take over

probably

unknown522

Some guy
Lol, I'm dumb. I thought that arcnatural was talking about n-air -> shine -> grab on hit. Not on shield.

Yeah, she can n-air out. It probably won't happen though

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Peach nairing out of shine grab sounds HIGHLY suspect. I don't buy it at all. Give me numbers.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
What's the easiest way to waveshine OOS? Anybody have a link they could show me with a fox doing that?

voorhese

Smash Master
Practice it by just holding down and your shield, and sliding from y->b

after you get the timing that involves you not leaving the ground, do the same thing but add a wavedash after.

after you get that down, try to go from the neutral position (of ur stick) while in shield, and then do it, because you can't be holding down or u will get shield poked.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I've jumped with the x button ever since I started playing melee. I've tried to jump with y but I feel weird. I can't break the habit

Top Bottom