• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

BEHR

Smash Hero
most people may know this **** but

Fox's Jab and D-Tilt are so ****ing legit and smooth

Brookman

Smash Hero
CC kinda ****s on jab and dtilt but they are both legit and have functions that none of fox's other moves do. Except his back air which can almost universally replace all his other moves inalmost all situations. Except for Down air cause that **** is ****.

Lovage

Smash Hero
jab is worse the better you get cuz everyone gets good at DI'ing it away and CCing it at low%. still some spots where it's a good move. i like approaching in fox dittos at high percent with run up jab, comes out super fast, forces them to tech, decent range (esp. out of a run) will setup for the easy tech chase grab uthrow uair.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah I think it's underused at high percents. I like fishing for kills vs. floaties and ESPECIALLY ****in marth with jab into usmash (or uair or bair at REALLY high percents lol)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Wave dash oos>jab upsmash is good when the opponent is at high percents.

Like Ryan said. waveshine>dtilt on marth is good.

unknown522

Some guy
When you play in a community that has been spamming CC for many years, you eventually learn that jabs suck.

Not saying to never use it, but it's not very good.

I use jab -> f-tilt when I'm lazy

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
Omg, marth and sheik are the worst. Getting death combo'd for jabbing them is terrible.

Or just getting grabbed through the jab sometimes.

When I play with KK sometimes and try to jab him at like 130% and he CCs it -> death combo. I question why? He says it's the only choice he had in that situation.

:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
I miss KK. :c We need to start some sort of movement to get him back... Like someone should go make a "KAZE 2012" pic that we can all put in our sigs until he agrees to come back.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was just throwing a number out. But it's very rarely going to do full damage unless you're holding all of your sticks down like a dummy.

BEHR

Smash Hero
yo ******s i was just saying jab,d-tilt that **** is ****ing smooth

looks mad cute.

also **** falco

BEHR

Smash Hero
soooooooo is there no legitimate combo for dtilt? always seem to be good as a combo starter

like against players who DI and do all the good ****.

IM from NC so you can do stupid **** and get away with it. lol

unless its PP cause he would butt **** us into our ***** bleed with like Young Link or some bull**** character

EWC

Smash Ace
If you get downsmashed at low percents by peach you can CC and shine out. It's really risky though for obvious reasons.

Dtilt is good. Sets up good angles for nair juggles vs like marth and people.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dtilt so ****ing good. it's the go-to tool to win "jab wars," ***** falcon's approach, is easily CC'd into so ***** sheik's tilts, can be used to trade with (or beat out) a marth landing with fair to start a beast combo, and if you're javi you can just waveshine dtilt on spacies to avoid the whole "what if they SDI my thunders jab up" thing

the only problem is it isn't nearly as safe as sheik's tilts so it's a lot easier to punish on block

JPOBS

Smash Hero
my favorite combo in the whole game is jab->upsmash

toph, what do you mean dtilt ***** falco's approach?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I said falcon's haha, not falco's. Sometimes, against falcon's nair, you can fish for waveland back dtilt or cc dtilt or just trade dtilt with falcon's nair. idk, I've done it in some tournament sets when I needed some clutch **** to pull out and I think it's pretty good.

Top Bottom