• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
pc how do i beat mangos fox he plays gay and i can't replicate what he does.

he just waits and waits, and i get wrecked, or if i try playing patiently he outspaces me.

maybe he's just way better than me lol.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
So i just learned to do whine-bair with fox, the problem is that i miss half the time. My friends says im more than fast enough, my problem is that i dont place the attack well enough. so im wondering, where should i aim for the shine-bair to hit more easily?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
shortening the illusion tips?

and getting backthrown off the edge by sheik.

tell me some stuff you commonly do, (what you're expecting) and possible mix ups if you think they predict that.

if i get b-throw i just cry and give up.

also im having problems wd the opposite way the shine is facing i think im just going to keep working and try to figure my way out of this but any tips for this as well helps. rather than wd i occasionally just turn while still shining and get ***** bc of it.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
i have a problem against the spacies. a friend of mine is a big fan of Lucky and his cc2shine. so when i do a drill he often(very often) shines me or just dodge my u-tilt,grab,shine. so my question is am i only too slow or is it escapeable?

Brookman

Smash Hero
shortening the illusion tips?

and getting backthrown off the edge by sheik.

tell me some stuff you commonly do, (what you're expecting) and possible mix ups if you think they predict that.

if i get b-throw i just cry and give up.

also im having problems wd the opposite way the shine is facing i think im just going to keep working and try to figure my way out of this but any tips for this as well helps. rather than wd i occasionally just turn while still shining and get ***** bc of it.
shortening illusion: practice

returning to the stage is all about mix ups, something you can do which you probably haven't thought about is stall with the shine, up b without using your jump (if you get hit in the charge time of up b, provided you haven't used your jump to up b due to controller sensitivity you will retain your jump if you get hit out of it.) double jump with an attack, double jump and sweet spot the edge, double jump into air dodge, the list goes ON and ON, just be creative.

Sheik, after back throw, most likely wants you to double jump backwards into illusion so she can needle and gimp you. If you are always double jumping up to the stage immediately you can expect to eat a down smash.

Really though, there isn't much we can say to improve your recovery habits. That's something you have to develop on your own if you want to be really good.

As far as turning in the shine instead of wavedashing out, you aren't jumping first. When you jump first it negates the directional input of the wavedash and allows you to wavedash backwards out of the shine.

PRACTICE>>>>>

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ok, I've recently picked up Fox and I know how to drillshine and I am able to edgeguard/combo effectively. I've tried to integrate WaveDashing into my general play strategy and it's actually really easy for Fox to do, but the only use I can get out of it is WaveDashing backwards and, for some reason, there's some pretty bad lag time and I can't WaveDash forwards for the punishment. I also have no idea how to WaveShine, I tried Wavedashing --> Shine, but the lag time is too long for that to be right and I can't find out any other thing to do. I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this thread, but there's no way I'm gonna read 130 friggin' pages. Anyone help meh out?

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I can't WaveDash forwards for the punishment.
Well for one thing the reason why you can't waveshine is because you can't wavedash properly I can allready see this because of what you said about wavedashing not only do you have to know how to wavedash you have to know how to "perfect wavedash" so you can never waveshine with a medicore wavedash. Wavedashing with fox litterally makes or breaks you. As for the lag thing I know exactly what you are describing I thought there was a lag myself but it was really me being unleet. When you perfect wavedash you have to walk a little to reach the person. So you can walk in the "supposed" lag time. I was so blown when I discovered this.

This video helped me out when I was trying to learn how to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpHpUEPBmzs

hope all of that helps.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Ok, I've recently picked up Fox and I know how to drillshine and I am able to edgeguard/combo effectively. I've tried to integrate WaveDashing into my general play strategy and it's actually really easy for Fox to do, but the only use I can get out of it is WaveDashing backwards and, for some reason, there's some pretty bad lag time and I can't WaveDash forwards for the punishment. I also have no idea how to WaveShine, I tried Wavedashing --> Shine, but the lag time is too long for that to be right and I can't find out any other thing to do. I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this thread, but there's no way I'm gonna read 130 friggin' pages. Anyone help meh out?
First step to being good at this game: Be Honest.

Talk to you later.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
So you say that you can drillshine and combo effectively and after that you basicaly say that you can't find a use for wavedash other than wavedashing backwards... What the **** seriously man >_>'

Well, for some advice: For the way you're talking I could easily predict that you're having trouble with the shine>wavedash speed/timing. The only thing you can do is practice more and more, and watch videos of good foxes (like these ones ^, including me =P)to learn other uses of waveshining and w.e

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Uthrowing someone onto the top platform of a 3-platform-stage and then wavelanding onto the platform and grabbing them again is fricken funny.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Forgive my ignorance, I know it's really annoying for high level players to deal with the likes of newbs T_T
I thought a perfect wavedash would need at least a small tilt downwards, but I guess I'm wrong?
And what's worse is that my computer friggin' sucks so I can't see the vids very effectively, unless it's the old Youtube with the "minimize screen" option.

Yeah... I'm pretty ****ed aren't I?

LuCKy

Smash Master
how do i do like 10 multi shines with fox or falco lol

i wanna be cool....er when i kill someone

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Uthrowing someone onto the top platform of a 3-platform-stage and then wavelanding onto the platform and grabbing them again is fricken funny.
I do something similar anytime they're at a low % and i grab them under any platform. UThrow>dair (they should be landing on the platform now, so they might've teched and the dair won't hit but it doesn't matter)>grab>uthrow>uair.

Also, iirc, you don't need to hold down at all to do a perfect wavedash if you air dodge on the frame you leave the ground (4 frames after pressing jump).

takieddine

Smash Master
I do something similar anytime they're at a low % and i grab them under any platform. UThrow>dair (they should be landing on the platform now, so they might've teched and the dair won't hit but it doesn't matter)>grab>uthrow>uair.

Also, iirc, you don't need to hold down at all to do a perfect wavedash if you air dodge on the frame you leave the ground (4 frames after pressing jump).
I dont think so, you still have to control your airdodge, you just slide more because you have the most momentum conserved because you land from an airdodge's momentum as soon as you leave the ground, so yeah...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ok, so it turns out I really have been doing perfect wavedashing, I was just being unl33t with my technique. I've been practicing for awhile now and I can now Waveshine/Wall Infinite decently.
Now, what would be some good counter-pick stages for Fox? What are some good counter-picks against Marth?

Brookman

Smash Hero
I ****ing love dl64 on marth. camp, less platform control no auto tipper. mmm. higher kill percent is kinda wack, but otherwise it's straight. Yo.

Top Bottom