• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
everything but his fair.
his fair is useful for when a nair just doesn't quite have the range you need in the forward facing direction. That and comboing into grabs at high %s.

I'm not stupid. Its not what i said, The bair didnt leave the ground and i landed on the stage, its as if I did a platform cancel, but on the edge of a solid stage.

Also you can do running shine into two hits of fair :),

I did an aerial shine into 3 hits of fair against luigi once...
oh. lolwut? i missed the part about landing on the stage lol. idk, i've done dashing shines that canceled on the edge into an immediate falling bair, which is what i thought you meant, but this is totally weird, and very sexy.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I love fox's fair.

I love fox's forward b.

I love fox's up b.

If you're not using his up b you are seriously missing out.

Brookman

Smash Hero
up b only kills in the most extreme circumstances.

I'll try and record some matches soon.

edit: I've tested up b and forward b uses against many players now, including mew2king.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Youre all dumb You can kill jiggs at 5% With Roys Up +B. I kid you not, smash DI that mofo up and see what happens. >_>

Also: Thanls to those who responded to my question about wavedashing backwards from the shine, I can do it pretty well now and it's pretty useful. Also not Up throw to Up air Kills Jiggs Around 55-60% as well, but everyone knows that.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Can somebody here shine out of shield into a wavedash and combo ?

I do it with falco sometimes, but is pretty hard with fox (is like the same speed for multishining)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Youre all dumb You can kill jiggs at 5% With Roys Up +B. I kid you not, smash DI that mofo up and see what happens. >_>

Also: Thanls to those who responded to my question about wavedashing backwards from the shine, I can do it pretty well now and it's pretty useful. Also not Up throw to Up air Kills Jiggs Around 55-60% as well, but everyone knows that.
you actually can just DI sideways to not die from that, no SDI needed.

I do it with falco sometimes, but is pretty hard with fox (is like the same speed for multishining)
It's not that hard. Just like jc shine>wavedash lol.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

I often shine out of shield against shieldpressuring falcos to get them the **** of my back, but i can never combo out of it. Just timing the shine right is hard enough, WD:ing out of that fast enough to thunders is to much :p. I usually just jump out of it and sometimes I'm able to tech chase but usually it leads nowhere :(
still very good and reliable to get out of sticky situations.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I can do it pretty well after my opponent hits me with a shffl or sometimes even after a ... FJffl

But i didn't play for a while ... lets see

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
scotu I went to that other "site" and applied there but i thought your name was scoutu42 no just scotu :D also if your sig guy un retires ask him to link up with me >_<

Finger positioning johns?

The only difference is you need to press down between y and b. and that'll only take like 4min of practice to perfect.
That's hardly a difference. The difference is that you have your finger on a shoulder button. Finger positioning does matter, a lot, that's one of the reasons a lot of the things I do are so much easier for me than others, I hold the controller different than everyone. I'm not saying it's so hard I can't do it, I'm not johning, I'm just saying it's harder, for me at least.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hm, finger positioning doesn't really change for me.... so what if i'm holding a shield button down? i can still slide from y>b easy. btw, how do you hold the controller that's so different?

I press L and R at the very back of the button so pressing the others in a quick succession is much easier. Wavedash with L, Sheild with R, jump with Y.

Top Bottom