• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Linguini

Smash Master
I need help for a bunch of things......I suck at being technical......im used to playing ganon
*sniff*
But yeah..... for starters, how do you waveshine to upsmash? I can do it to a jab but thats about it, cuz do you just hit the c-stick or jc it or what. Oh and how do you shdl?
LOL

Dragmire

Smash Lord
just do **** until the controller explodes shdl you have to start lasering from the very start of foxes mad skillz 2 frame jumps and for waveshine into Usmash I'd just Up with analog stick

but I'm one of the most ****ed up players ever so listen to the the others stuff a little more

SCOTU

Smash Hero
meh, you probably just need to get the wavedash faster out of the shine. For some characters, you can just hit up on the c-stick, for others (and it might just be easier from the start) to dash and jc usmash.
for shdl ing, i'll say what i always say: the best method is to slide your thumb from y>b and double tap b. the double tap of b doesn't have to be precise, what has to be precise is the speed at which you get from y to b. It needs to be (probably) faster than you're currently doing it, but not so fast that you press b while on the ground.

L__

Smash Master
Haha, has anyone here done a Reverse Usmash edge guard in a Fox ditto? It feels so good and looks so awkward.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Let's imagine chuck norris plays ssbm and had made his own character : Chuck norris.
Then let's make a few observations (jokes xD) about him and his character (chuck norris) too

Chuck norris is so technical that he doesn't need to move his fingers to play, he does it with his feet

Chuck norris is so fast, he can input the shdl sequence between each laser of the shdl

Chuck norris is too good, he can win games with a band tied to his eyes

Chuck norris's fair is a roundhouse kick on the face and it's his only aerial move, but is so strong that does %999 of damage and kills anyone in 1 shot, plus its stun is so hard that is ungrabable

Chuck norris doesn't have special moves, instead he has a unique taunt where he smiles and then roundhouse kicks the TV screen nullifying everyother special move his opponent may have for the rest of the match

Chuck norris's sidestep is so fast that you can use it to stall on matches and never be touched

Chuck norris's roll-dodge is so good that he's invencible the rest of the match after doing it

Chuck norris is so uber that when he loses all of his lives(and you were about to think that you have already beat him) you lose the game instead.

Chuck norris's shield is so strong that automatically powershields everything and doesn't get smaller over time

All of Chuck norris's moves are variations of roundhouse kicks that can kill anyone in 1 shot and do 999% of damage

Chuck norris's second jump is so high that he can cross the whole temple with it

Chuck norris doesn't need to space because all of his attacks are auto aimed and have perfect accuracy

Chuck norris can win the game just by pressing start and then the reset command

Chuck norris knew about the pause setting rule for tournaments, that's why he invented an special combination of buttons on his own unique controller to win games instantly

Chuck norris is so strong that it quickly got banned even for casual playing, that's why chuck norris invented the WaveNorris, a special controller that would transfer all of his character's data on the game and unlock Chuck norris's to be playable at any moment

The guy who invented the rule that the wavebirds couldn't be used at tournaments died the next few days after the creation of the WaveNorris. Paramedics found some kind of feet mark on his face, they say someone brutally roundhouse kicked him on the face

Chuck norris is... sorry guys gtg =P hope u enjoy the jokes

EDIT: *Fixed some grammar errors*

SCOTU

Smash Hero
XD Chuck Norris

Fox's reverse usmash does come in handy for edgeguarding some over the stage recoveries because it either kills them off the side if they DI towards the edge, or it KOs them off the top if they don't.

GOTM

Smash Champion
XD Chuck Norris

Fox's reverse usmash does come in handy for edgeguarding some over the stage recoveries because it either kills them off the side if they DI towards the edge, or it KOs them off the top if they don't.
thats kinda of true. sometimes i do it by accident but ill love it when it just kills them like instantly because of the weird unexpected trajectory, lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
XD Chuck Norris

I use it to spike people. Especially Falcon,Ganon and yeah Marth.

Anyways.
I get the **** comboed out of me a lot when I'm fox. And I dont like it. >_>; Advice me please.

And against Falcos that approach with lasers I always sit there shielding knowing **** good and well whats about to happen, why the heck do I get that deer in headlights syndrome?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
As for the combos, DI away, make sure that your DI is good, and that you use the appropriate measures when hitting the stage (such as teching or intentionally missing the tech).

As for the deer in headlights, sounds like their pressure is working. You just need to play against it more i guess, once you've seen it a ton (and learn what to do about it), that kind of stuff wears off.

Shök

Smash Champion
Upsmash stage spike,I'm gonna trademark that **** nobody steal it.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Wavedash/shine question

When I watch pro vids of fox on utube, I see them wd out of a shine a lot, and then either grab their opponent, or do some shffld nairs. But how do they close the distance so easily? It looks like one wavedash isn't enough to get to the enemy, even a perfect wavedash. Do they just straight up dash out of the wd to jc grab? Or do they do 2 wds VERY quickly into jc grab etc.?

Thanks.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Against characters like link/peach/falcon a simple wavedash is sufficient to reach them with a grab/up smash/shine etc, for characters like marth/samus you'd have to dash after wavedashing out of the shine.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Silent Wolf's fox can divide by zero and eat soup with a fork. Wait a minute "notices the many parralells between chuck norris and fox ie. Roundhous kick or should I say Fsmash!" Fox is actually Chuck Norris in wolf form kinda like Link becomes a wolf in Twilight Princess. Your thoughts?

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm fighting a samus so I will try the dashing out of the waveshine. Thanks for quick response Brookman, can't wait for your videos. :p

Top Bottom