• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's very, very hard to be able to choose any one of those five distances with consistency.
Speak for yourself.

No point in trying to play this game frame by frame unless ou have a built in gamecube in your body. Do what works, not what should work between frames 1-4 and after frame 18.
if something works from frames 1-4 and after 18, then it works, and could be used. No point to ignore frame data just because you can't use it yet, it can be learned.

What's the advantage of pivoting over wavedashing attacks?

And since I'm on the Fox boards, why don't people waveshine Captain Falcon/Sheik up and down the stage? I've seen Mew2King do that to PC Chris' Falcon once, but never again in a pro match. It seems like most Foxes waveshine into a uthrow/uair or a usmash. Is it because of smash DI or what?
pivoting an attack will come out signigicantly faster than if you stopped your dash w/ a wavedash. It's also very useful for attacking out of DDs.

ppl do waveshine Falcon and sheik. UmbreonMow once gave the best edgegauridng advice against sheik: when she vanishes, stand up from the edge; if she went up, wavedash back and edgehog; else, waveshine her across the stage and dsmash her off; repeat.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Hmm I dunno. Sheik gives me trouble. The person I get a chance to play with most who's good mains Sheik. If I mess around trying to get a dair into a waveshine I tend to get punished a lot. I do a whole lot better against him if I play a more defensive game with more bairs and nairs and lasers. Probably just a personal playstyle between the two of us though. I just find that I win far more often if I stay away from waveshining Sheik.

That advice from UmbreonMow makes a ton of sense. I really ought to try that. Thanks!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Hmm I dunno. Sheik gives me trouble. The person I get a chance to play with most who's good mains Sheik. If I mess around trying to get a dair into a waveshine I tend to get punished a lot. I do a whole lot better against him if I play a more defensive game with more bairs and nairs and lasers. Probably just a personal playstyle between the two of us though. I just find that I win far more often if I stay away from waveshining Sheik.

That advice from UmbreonMow makes a ton of sense. I really ought to try that. Thanks!
That's just cause you're a predictable noob. Just spam grabs or something that looks stupid, let him get comfortable, then just slap him with your ****. He'll probably drop his controller, at which point you'll be able to kill him...unless he is beating you senseless. Full jump dair can cut through sheik pretty well

Brookman

Smash Hero

I'm tired of seeing so many threads asking questions that have been answered over and over again, and are obvious to the average smasher. I figure this will stop at least some of those from popping up.

Post asking anything you want about Fox that you're not sure about or just don't know. I will answer your question within the day, and if anyone else wants to answer before I can, go for it, and false information given will be corrected.

Also it wouldn't hurt to check this thread, or others before asking but, it really won't matter much.

Ask away.
such and such

p.s. Otto, make me a mod

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Omg falcooo he's such a **** I can't do **** against a good one omg omg omgwtfbbq I need help on everything against them so like someone help.

I tend to just go marth or ditto falco's because like, it works better then going fox. I just want to be able to do something when I'm my main to them. Plus there are like 3 crazy falco's in st.louis that would hand me my **** anyday....(if I went fox)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Yea but like trying to grab them is hard enough, I have to go to him because the *** is gonna be doing retreatin lasers like ****, and when I'll get close one shine from him is gonna get me bruised.

You told me to not get hit by lasers, I shouldn't run into them, idk why but that didn't really help all the much, can I like out camp him? Or is that just a ****ty idea?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Come play, that's all I can say.

I recommend you use jumps, platforms, reflect his lasers with down b, laser back.

OR make him afraid to laser. When falco laser's he i vulnerable above his head. (full jump nair, up air, shine)

Falco can CC nair pretty high up, especially if you hit with the weak one.

don't worry so much about comboing him, just push him to the edge, and keep him there till you get him off. Don't give him the space to retreat laser, when he up b's SHINE SPIKE HIM.

The most important thing is to **** his recovery. Don't panic, lose focus, or be afraid. watch KDJ vs. PC from mlg vegas, or any other decent fox/falco matches you can find.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Omg falcooo he's such a **** I can't do **** against a good one omg omg omgwtfbbq I need help on everything against them so like someone help.

I tend to just go marth or ditto falco's because like, it works better then going fox. I just want to be able to do something when I'm my main to them. Plus there are like 3 crazy falco's in st.louis that would hand me my **** anyday....(if I went fox)
****! I wish I lived there and own you too >_<

Never look for an especific combo just make them come out naturally, if you focus too much on one stupid thing/combo you'll lose focus on what you're opponent is doing, and if you're not able to adapt your moves/strategies on what your opponent is doing...that's your doom to failure.

Platforms are bad, if your opponent knows how to use them you'll be in a disadvantage =/ and falco doesn't CC that often because he's usually having control of the match ^_^ (don't worry to much about CC at first)

Be cheap with full jumps and bairs, grabs and uptilts, try to gimp with bair and predict any possible air dodge (trust me I get out of stupid gimps all the time with air dodges). Learn to DI all of the fancy combos to live and dont get 0-death comboed >_>

I've heard sheik beats falco D:

Oh and...**** we need to play someday, I'm tired to play the same old *****s here. I like to play all of you guys even if I know I'll get owned xD

Brookman

Smash Hero
when you get thrown off you can stall with the shine to mix up the timing of your double jump, use up b without using your double jump.

Just gotta mix it up as much as you can...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you can also be flashy by sdi-ing the dtilt into the stage and teching (although that's not the best option to aim for, just do it if you f*** up).

for shdl, the best/easiest way is probably to slide your thumb from y>bb. it's relatively simple to learn, and it's easy to incorporate motion and reverses using it. That's how I do it, and i can utilize the full potential of an shdl. Works great against jiggs.

Jumping with the control stick is hard, its easy for you cause your controller is really insensitive upwards.

Slide your finger from Y>B its the best proven most widely used method.
My controller is more sensitive than any other controller out there. The thing is, mine is loose, making it easier to flick the control stick up and be more precise about it.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
My controller is more sensitive than any other controller out there. The thing is, mine is loose, making it easier to flick the control stick up and be more precise about it.
Mine too, that's why I never get tired of doing shdl or rshdl.
Aha! So that's the secret lol.
Lol, yeah.

But it isn't a secret for those who play smash every single our of their ****ing lives

LOL, no intention to sound offensive, but is the truth

takieddine

Smash Master
A couple of smashers from my area were thinking what if smash characters were behaving like pokemon.

The result:

Dr. Mario: DOC! DOC! DOC!, WAHAA, DOC DOC DOC.

Brookman

Smash Hero
really late shout out from pound 3:

everyone here who fox ditto'd me: good **** at being awesome.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

fullhop nairs.

Top Bottom