• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk if anyone has noticed this, but you can CC the first hit of peach's dsmash and shield before the 2nd hit. I don't know the exact percents on this, but ive done it more than once.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sveet: Yep, you can punish dmash IF you block the whole thing. But holy **** is it hard. I have no idea how you and Lovage manage to do it more than once per match.

Has anyone considered light-shielding? It works even if your shield is partially deteriorated, but you're stuck in it for daaaaays.

You can also hold down on the first hit of dsmash and up on the second to fly out of it, but the risk of CCing the whole dsmash isn't worth it imo. Its a trick KK uses as Sheik when he's getting dsmash edge-guarded.

unknown522

Some guy
Lol, I thought you just went there to style on noobs. =P
lol, nah. Just not enough money. We also wanted to play Vanz, Cactuar and M2K cuz they said that they were coming.

Lol brookman, did u say ppl were shielding peachs dsmash wrong, then someone asked u how to do it right, and u said go turn on a peach and practice it?

Just makin sure cuz if so that's dumb as **** lol

There's clearly a reason he asked in the first place instead of just practicing it, he doesn't know what method to use
lol

lol, you guys could never try that ish vs me and kurtis.

come at me bro :cool:
we could just double ganon if jigglypuff didn't exist.

oh well, it's roy next time.

Idk if anyone has noticed this, but you can CC the first hit of peach's dsmash and shield before the 2nd hit. I don't know the exact percents on this, but ive done it more than once.
You can shine peach in between the hits if you CC they d-smash. That would be way better.

Walt

Smash Ace
Lightshielding seems so bad vs Peach's dsmash... you risk getting shieldbroken, and lose the chance to retaliate even if you don't.
Once you get pushed away she should still have a spin or two left so can't you nair or drill her head before she can do anything? Pretty sure I usually punish as Falcon doing this.

unknown522

Some guy
^ haha. It'll clink sometimes, but usually the shine will beat it.

Also, Bernard come to david's later today. Meta is here and he's pretty good. He wants to play the great Raynex.

Also, Byped is coming back.

oh, and you still never gave me that autograph man.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
^ haha. It'll clink sometimes, but usually the shine will beat it.

Also, Bernard come to david's later today. Meta is here and he's pretty good. He wants to play the great Raynex.

Also, Byped is coming back.

oh, and you still never gave me that autograph man.
Meta from BC?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Sveet: Yep, you can punish dmash IF you block the whole thing. But holy **** is it hard. I have no idea how you and Lovage manage to do it more than once per match.

Has anyone considered light-shielding? It works even if your shield is partially deteriorated, but you're stuck in it for daaaaays.

You can also hold down on the first hit of dsmash and up on the second to fly out of it, but the risk of CCing the whole dsmash isn't worth it imo. Its a trick KK uses as Sheik when he's getting dsmash edge-guarded.
You can just tap down if your trying to not die off the stage if Peach is trying to edgehog -> dsmash you back off. It's incredibly easy and you don't need to di up, I do this all the time with Marth/Fox, I somewhat doubt it's different for Sheik but it might be due to Sheik's landing animation from upB.

For punishing the dsmash, I honestly just do what I saw Mango do a lot where if you shield it, free wavedash to shine then w/e. It's a lot easier to pull off in games than in practice though. Maybe if Peach's recognize and try to dsmash twice it's not as effective?

Now that I know about it, I think just shield DI'ing away is way more effective vs Peach in general. It makes it so she can no longer Fair -> dsmash shield stab provided you also DI away the fair unless Peach fairs incredibly close to you. The only real risk is misjudging how much shield you have left initially and getting faired with horrible DI.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Shield DIing away owns Beache's Dsmash.
How close can you be to her when she Dsmashes and get away from it?
I think we should test that. In the video example that DruggedFox posted PP shields the Dsmash but he is on the outer hitbox of the Dsmash.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao I remember when evan was was passed out on this floor mat and otto straight jacked him for it, like thug life stomped him out and everything lolol.

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
^ yeah, Evan just told me his side of the story.

"Eggz and SW suplexed him onto the floor, then he managed to wrestle Eggz to the floor even though he weighs twice as much as me. It was stupid".

In his exact words, lol.

Also, Kage: I wanted infinite MMs with Cactuar :(

I guess he's just too popular. Also, nice comeback vs chu btw. I've seen the set like 3 times already.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thanks, honestly I was scared the whole set... it was pretty hard to read him. Fighting old school players is tough because they are so smart. I'm happy I got a clutch 0-death at the end, whew. =P

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
when I PM'd you, you said that you should be going.
If you read those PMs you sent me, you asked me if I was going to Zenith in the second one, to which I responded that I should be going. You asked me if I was going to that Pittsburgh thing in the first PM with the numbered points, to which I responded "1. no"

Also, definitely impressed with some of the stuff Kage was doing in our infinite MMs. Always improving! <3

^ yeah, Evan just told me his side of the story.

"Eggz and SW suplexed him onto the floor, then he managed to wrestle Eggz to the floor even though he weighs twice as much as me. It was stupid".

In his exact words, lol.
it was more of a scissor lock/drop kick team combo. then i later took the mattress he was on and folded them both against the wall and started the kicks. needless to say me and shane slept on that mattress that night.

earla

Smash Lord
hi.

i want to start practicing di with a friend.

what are some vital combos to practice di'ing out of and how?
any training tips regarding di?

Walt

Smash Ace
Practice:
-getting out of ken combos: DI down and away
-falcon combos: nair: SDI straight up on first hit avoids second hit, down and away on second hit, uair, down and away to not get WoF'd, knee/general survival DI is up and towards
-fox drill: DI away saves you from shine
-fox shine: SDI away to not get waveshined with fat characters(some of them), I don't know what to do with the ground bounce ones but you can tech so whatever I guess?
-falco drill: on the ground SDI away at low percents to not get shined after
-falco shine: DI away at low and mid percents, DI up at percents where he'll have to jump twice to get you, up and away is fine too

unknown522

Some guy
If you read those PMs you sent me, you asked me if I was going to Zenith in the second one, to which I responded that I should be going. You asked me if I was going to that Pittsburgh thing in the first PM with the numbered points, to which I responded "1. no"

Also, definitely impressed with some of the stuff Kage was doing in our infinite MMs. Always improving! <3
oops.

it was more of a scissor lock/drop kick team combo. then i later took the mattress he was on and folded them both against the wall and started the kicks. needless to say me and shane slept on that mattress that night.
looooool. That sucks.

u guys are lucky i didn't use my real ganon slayer, fawks mckliggins :p
lol, stick to jiggs. She breaks teams.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm debating whether I want to play in teams or not at genesis. I doubt I can replicate the magic of scaring Unknown/RaynEX team combo without Zoso coming :(.

But Canada and I definitely need to play and chill, most def chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha "you Canucks."
Every Asian household ever doesn't want you wearing shoes around the house ~_~

unknown522

Some guy
I'm debating whether I want to play in teams or not at genesis. I doubt I can replicate the magic of scaring Unknown/RaynEX team combo without Zoso coming :(.

But Canada and I definitely need to play and chill, most def chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
I remember that.

Man, marth is gay.

Bernard (RaynEX):

Is it true that you Canucks don't wear shoes around the house?

/ Fox related

Smooth Criminal
from what I know, only white people do that in general.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I remember that.

Man, marth is gay.
Especially when he airdodges off at less than 10% when the other team is both above 100% and his teammate is at 70%. Dumb dumb Marth.

I'm going back to playing a lot of melee again to hopefully get back in shape for Genesis.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

Yeah man its been waaay too long

Bernard (RaynEX):

Is it true that you Canucks don't wear shoes around the house?

/ Fox related

Smooth Criminal
Its not just a Canadian thing. Stomping through the house in dirty shoes isn't really sanitary. Gotta keep my hardwood / carpet clean ya diiig

But I have these mean pair of fuzzy slippers. Man you don't even know

Top Bottom