• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

chillindude829

Smash Master
are you implying he did that purposely to stop at a specific spot brookman? it looked like he did it on accident, im guessing if he did mean to shield there then he probably meant to do something out of it. it did appear to slow him down greatly

but yea shielddropping isnt good

Rykard

Smash Ace
Shield dropping is good if you don't want to give away your positional advantage. I do it all the time. WD OOS is not always good misters.
couldn't you just WD in place OOS in that case then? i feel like that would achieve the same effect, but you would be able to do something sooner than just dropping the shield.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
couldn't you just WD in place OOS in that case then? i feel like that would achieve the same effect, but you would be able to do something sooner than just dropping the shield.
You could yes, it gives a different timing and thus might screw up your opponent. Changing your timing is very crucial.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
*ughh* ive been working on this for like a whole year now........

whats the fatest and most consistent way to hit shine aerieals mostly nair...... idc if its not the best its sexy and its about time i figure it out like i play with X but ive been switching to Y or UP to try and test speed and consistency on actually hitting it but its so hard HELP PLEASE.... my fox depends on it=)

unknown522

Some guy
KK posting

You can release your shield and Shine Peach if she dash attacks your shield. I'm fairly sure this works on a bunch of other moves/characters as well.

Release shield > Shine > waveshine across level > U-smash is pretty gay.

Raynex is a bidoof.

I'm really jittery so I usually WD down just on habit but I mean, the 1 frame difference is negligible in most (read: virtually all) situations and it can be arbitrarily useful. It doesn't come up all that often, though.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
@t-cash

I switched to Y for this very reason. I find it's easiest (for me) to just have the joint part of my thumb on B with the tip of my thumb hitting Y then the joint hitting A. You end up with a little bit of a triangle motion that to me is insanely easy and gives you plenty of time and variation when doing the shield pressure.

With X I found myself needing to do everything at warp speed to get it, with Y I find I can more easily delay the nair or other aerials that way.

It took me a while to get used to oos options out of hitstun again and fulljump aerials. But I found the trade off worth it. Shffling was really easy for me switching from X to Y for some reason. It was the slower options like above that threw me off.

But Brookman is right, practice with whatever feels most comfortable to you will work. No button is the cure-all (y is better sup).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Screw foxes that don't need powershield to bring out attacks. =( As Ganon I would have to PS dash attack into jab/ftilt or downtilt to punish. ****.. Actually im not even sure if downtilt works.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i use up to short hop aerials out of shine now

lets u do them as soon as possible since ur right thumb is free
i've been telling people this is what i've been adjusting to for a month or two now, for the same reason as your 2nd sentence

i'm also getting really used to double shining with only analog.

the other day i did my first double shine OOS to wavedash. dunno why but i craved it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Must have been like a thick juicy steak. aye, trah?
like a ****in' porterhouse babe

in worse news

had my monthly yesterday..

my controller fell apart mid tournament. like as literal as i can say without it exploding..

the c-stick was jammed downwards, and the B/X button were jammed in aswell, guess it didn't help that it got dropped while open when some1 was trying to work on it earlier :(

tried to use some ****ty alt controller, didn't work out. was hoping to win my 3rd monthy in a row, whatevssssss

IN BETTER NEWS

got my ****in airplane ticket to gen2 set and stone. cant ****ing wait you mother ****ers

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
like a ****in' porterhouse babe

in worse news

had my monthly yesterday..

my controller fell apart mid tournament. like as literally as i can say without it exploding..

the c-stick was jammed downwards, and the B/X button were jammed in aswell, guess it didn't help that it got dropped while open when some1 was trying to work on it earlier :(

tried to use some ****ty alt controller, didn't work out. was hoping to win my 3rd monthy in a row, whatevssssss

IN BETTER NEWS

got my ****in airplane ticket to gen2 set and stone. cant ****ing wait you mother ****ers
The same thing happened to me last friday. My controller was messing up. im getting a white controller in the next two weeks.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You could just shield grab to d-throw aerial on Peach dash attack lol.
Hmmm... nah... =) I don't think you can do that if it's spaced.. I don't remember being able to do this on Vwins at all.

Edit: Actually I don't remember anything these days, I have to stop getting high lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If she goes behind you, you can Up+B OOS with Ganon.

If she doesn't go behind you, you can shield grab.
It's neither those 2 situations that happen when i get dash attacked. Always out-range of shield-grab but still strong hits, is that even possible? Or maybe it was a dash-attack spaced so i cant shield grab and then when i try to do something I get jabbed instead. Idk anymore! lol.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I have a question. Can you drill shine consistently vs Marth?

IDK if it will work cause Marth often times slide far away after the shine. Any advice?

Brookman

Smash Hero
I mean, vs. a cpu drill shine to drill shine is pretty simple on marth. vs. a skilled player . . . not exactly the easiest thing to do.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Their arnt any marth ppl in jamaica so il play some at apex 2012 in friendlies and see whats what.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's neither those 2 situations that happen when i get dash attacked. Always out-range of shield-grab but still strong hits, is that even possible? Or maybe it was a dash-attack spaced so i cant shield grab and then when i try to do something I get jabbed instead. Idk anymore! lol.
That actually makes no sense.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
how can i apply to be a warrior? where's the book, i need to get rid of these stupid theories and being a warrior seems like you can just bend space and **** or do whatever you want in life

please?

also sinji don't bother with drill shine repetition..it works more the worse your opponent..not really a good exercise. just take the grab to uairs.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
tru thing trahh.
I know i can do it against peach and Falcon but what about mid teirs like Mario and Ganon? Any advice?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
honestly if your extremely consistent then take the drill shine repeats, i'm still thinking alot of characters can just SDI it..but most people find it good enough doing;

AERIAL -> SHINE times whatever amount for free damage[it's also quite demoralizing and can give you some solid momentum] -> grab or usmash depending on killable from usmash or not.

correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but yeah drill shine repeats are pretty difficult for me.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Honestly, when I want to try and demoralize someone I just see how many times I can drill into drill into drill into drill etc. . .