• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Oskurito

Smash Lord
uhhh swf april fools jokes are ********. **** this, w/e
;D hahaha I didn't intend to

Btw are you still playing mel33 right now?

EDIT: UH?! wtf everyt8me I write brawl it says melee and viceversa WTF?! What a stupid way to prevent people for saying bad things about melee(i had to write mele3 instead of br6wl lol) Sorry to edit so many t8mes (btw t8mes = st0ck and stock.... argh! **** that).

Brookman

Smash Hero
Did you know you can fast fall a full jump back air so that you hit the top of someone's shield AND auto cancel the back air?

Brookman

Smash Hero
falco can short hop back air and have it auto cancel. Auto canceling really makes a pretty big difference

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I think fox can out camp anyone. you just have to be patient. falco cant shoot as fast and fox can be super evasive, more so than falco.

starzonedge camps falcos all day

Brookman

Smash Hero
Powershielding is hella easy.

if you can't Power shield, use down b.

I think approaching with shine, both in the air and on the ground, is pretty solid.

my favorite is JC grab out of shine. Honestly.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Is it plausible to edgeguard someone by using a Dair edge cancelled followed immediately by a shine? I thought I did it to a level 1 computer messing around while practicing but maybe I just imagined it.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
Can Fox ledgehop illusion and retain the invincibility from the legde throughout the hit frames of the illusion. I know Falco can and I'm pretty sure Fox can't, but I don't have an AR.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Yea it does seem at times that fox has a longer delay than falco in just how much time you have to wait before trying to ledgehop w/e after grabbing the ledge. IDK maybe because fox is faster the delay just feels longer. IrConfused. Thursday night = Pong night so my judgement is a bit off at the moment.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Can Fox ledgehop illusion and retain the invincibility from the legde throughout the hit frames of the illusion. I know Falco can and I'm pretty sure Fox can't, but I don't have an AR.
Well, let's think about it. Fox' illusion hitbox comes out on frame 22 or something like that, and finishes going forward at like frame 26. So if you can ledge hop so you're above the stage in 4 frames or less, it's possible. If they're standing close to the ledge (so you would hit with the illusion in the earlier frames) you would just have to ledgehop within 6-8 frames or something.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
Well, let's think about it. Fox' illusion hitbox comes out on frame 22 or something like that, and finishes going forward at like frame 26. So if you can ledge hop so you're above the stage in 4 frames or less, it's possible. If they're standing close to the ledge (so you would hit with the illusion in the earlier frames) you would just have to ledgehop within 6-8 frames or something.
So is 6-8 frames enough for to be higher than the edge? I woudn't think that would give him enough time, but I could be wrong.

Why bother edge hopping illusion when you can edge hop down air?
I wonder the same thing when I'm playing against a Fox who does this.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
Hey, do you know vids of some1 who can shieldgrab very fast (m2k?)
Im trying to pillar but a friend of mine keeps grabbing da **** outa ****ing shield. :(

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Well, a perfect pillar is pretty hard to grab and it seems like "ungrabable" (when you do it)

But everyone knows that the more you mix up your pressure the more harder to grab it is. You can use multishine pillaring and or do something else instead of dair (bair or nair), or shl out of your shine like forward, or jc grab out of shine (too good) like shiz (also, too good)

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
A perfect pillar with Fox cannot be shieldgrabbed.

scotu said:
Pillaring (w/ dair):
Shine puts +2 advantage after jump, drill comes out on frame 5, and has a 3 frame disadvantage.
Drill lands w/ 4 frames of shield lag (past the hitstun on the drill), so after l-canceling (9 frames) you have a 5 frame disadvantage.
Escape methods: spot dodge (after shine), spot dodge/ roll/ any one frame attack jc'ed by a 4 frame jumper (after drill)
Shield Damage: 22/ Drill, 5/ shine, 8 for shield decay. 35/ iteration.
Notes: you should position your dair so that it's inside of them (to follow their shield DI/SDI, and to make sure you don't shield poke).
Your opponent's shield is left unpressured for 5 frames at most, which isn't enough to shieldgrab.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
what is the best methode to learn shieldgrab? *going to train drillshines* <--thx for this but the other prob is the shieldgrab :(

IrArby

Smash Ace
I usually use the c-stick for dairs out of habit from spiking with falco. So what normally happens is I fast fall the last 1 or 2 hits of the dair with the analog stick and L-cancel right after. This seems to help me alot cause it allows you to make the timing a little more consistent but you'll miss out on that last hit. Then again you'll throw off the timing and maybe get a grab on your opponent before he expects the dair to finish.
On a sidenote. I just recently picked up fox seriously and I'm by no means a pro so I could be speaking gibberish.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
what is the best methode to learn shieldgrab? *going to train drillshines* <--thx for this but the other prob is the shieldgrab :(
You mean drill to shield grab? Drill>L Cancel>Shine>Jump Cancelled Grab, so C stick or A+ Down, Down+B, Y or X Then IMMEDIATELY press Z

OR do you mean shieldgrabbing period? Um..L or R+A >_>;

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Dude, if he just shieldgrabs randomly he'll get hit by my shine >_>''

Btw. i found out that scar shieldgrabs very fast.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya'll know me, still the same old G, but I been low key.
Hated on by most these *****s with no cheese, no deals, and no Gs.
No wheels, and no keys, no boats, no snow-mo-beels and no skis.
Mad at me cuz I could finally afford to provide my family with groceries.
Got a crib with a studio and it’s all full of tracks, to add to the wall full of blacks.
Hangin up in the office and back at my house like TRO-PHIES!
Did ya’ll think I’ma let my dope freeze? HO PLEASE! You better bown down on both knees!
Who you think taught you to smoke trees? Who you think brought you the OD’s, E z E’s, ICQ’s and DOC’s,
the snoop D O double G’s, and the group that said MOTHA **** tha police.
Gave you a tape full of dope beats to bump when you strollin through in your hood. And when your
album sales wasn’t doing too good, who’s the doctor they told you to go see?
Ya’ll better listen up closely, all you *****s that said that I’d turn pop, on the firm flop. Ya’ll are the
reason that Dre ain’t been getting no sleep, so **** YA’LL! All Ya’ll. If Ya’ll don’t like me, blow me.
Ya’ll are gunna keep ****en around with me and turn me back to the old me.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
nowadayz, ewebody wanna talk, l8ke tey got somthing to thay, but nothing come out, when they moves tehy lips, just a bunch of jibberish loewlelwellewll

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Whats the point in arguing about being frame perfect? None, because its not possible unless your REAL LIFE runs at 60 fps. Frame perfect is silly to even try to justify talking about being frame perfect. because If it was possible, I bet characer discussion wouldnt exist.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Whats the point in arguing about being frame perfect? None, because its not possible unless your REAL LIFE runs at 60 fps. Frame perfect is silly to even try to justify talking about being frame perfect. because If it was possible, I bet characer discussion wouldnt exist.
Real life obviously isn't even divided into frames, but the rate at which a human eye can percieve the world is much higher than 60fps, iirc. Also, doing something frame perfect isn't all that hard. It's doing it consistently that's the problem.

Top Bottom