• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, just one word of advice..never try to shdl after a shower..bad idea..

anyways basically you have to phantasm or risk a dair/jump probably

but my fox question never really was addressed..mainly because it doesn't have an easy answer probably

A_Man69

Smash Rookie
waveshine

alright so this is my first time ever postin something on here and for some reason whenever i wave shine i use my reflector and than wave dash but i lag after i wave dash so i can't use my reflector again so can any one help me out???

alright so this is my first time ever postin something on here and for some reason whenever i wave shine i use my reflector and than wave dash but i lag after i wave dash so i can't use my reflector again so can any one help me out???
Wait until after you're wavedash is over to shine again. Are you looking at jump canceled shines and thinking they are just fast waveshines, and trying to do those by simply waveshining? Look into that.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Nobody probably cares, but I was playing my roommate this weekend, and I triangle jumped when he did a Marth f-smash, and I managed to get through the f-smash with the invicibility frames, then I up-smashed him for the kill. This probably doesn't happen too often and I'm sure someone good will tell me why it sucks, but triangle jumping isn't completely useless to me. :p I've known you could do this for a while, but this was the first time I actually tried it.

A_Man69

Smash Rookie
waveshining

ok so im trying to waveshine still just on the ground not like drill shine or anything and i can get the reflector up than wavedash but than when i try to go straight into the reflector aggain i end up doin a ground dodge... can someone plz tell me what im doin wrong like maybe i have to do that jump where u dont really leave the ground but how do u do that if that is the case
someone plz help me it would make my smash skills so much better!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
ok so im trying to waveshine still just on the ground not like drill shine or anything and i can get the reflector up than wavedash but than when i try to go straight into the reflector aggain i end up doin a ground dodge... can someone plz tell me what im doin wrong like maybe i have to do that jump where u dont really leave the ground but how do u do that if that is the case
someone plz help me it would make my smash skills so much better!
you're holding R for too long.

I mean when I shine that I don't get out of it fast enough somy opponenent can hit me!
just jump out of the shine faster, or waveshine faster. If it's against a shield, a jc shine wouldn't hurt.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
triangle jumping becomes useless at upper levels of play except from the ledge from time to time

too much startup and ending lag i think..not completely sure about the startup..but sometimes it feels like you can't react in time from quick attacks....and regardless, skilled players can punish landing lag, so punishing when you have all the spotdodge time in which to begin planning is relatively easy by comparison

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Whats triangle jumping, I probably know what fox does when he does this jump, but I probably just don't know it's called triangle jumping lol...
It's when you wavedash too slow, so the character doesn't actually slide on the ground, but jumps up into the air and airdodges back down (and touches the ground). I see it as a failed wavedash, since I do it on accident sometimes when I try to wavedash.

Now, it's called a triangle, because if you intend to perform it moving forwards or backwards, then it kinda looks like a triangle...well, you probably already figured that out.

I don't use it and I'm not really sure what its for, nor its properties (i.e. invincibility frames, landing lag, etc.)

A_Man69

Smash Rookie
drill shine!!!

can someone give me like a in depth drill shine technique cause whenever i try to drill shine i always lag a little too long i'm sure its just cause i'm not canceling the drill attack that well but i would still like to have a in depth drill shine technique that i can study and try out on people

TOBIYA

Smash Apprentice
im sure somebody asked this question, but i didnt feel like reading threw a 101 pages to find it.
but in the videos of people playing as fox, when they shine right next to the opponent and repeat towards the edge..are they wave dashing?

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Lasers !

Hey i was just curious after seeing a couple fox tech vids Ive been working on shine-jc shine-dshl is there really a benefit to doing it consitantly in a fox ditto where the other fox spams dshl's alot or will him hitting the shine cause hitlag and make it not possible ??

P.S english deffinately wasnt my best subject.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hey i was just curious after seeing a couple fox tech vids Ive been working on shine-jc shine-dshl is there really a benefit to doing it consitantly in a fox ditto where the other fox spams dshl's alot or will him hitting the shine cause hitlag and make it not possible ??
Use commas and periods.

But no, it's not done due to practicality, it just looks flashy.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
what should i do out of upthrow on sheik at low percent damage... run to JC upsmash? i'm just wondering if upair or uptilt are better..i feel like they could get out if you try for sh upair...

but i've also seen people not get the sweetspot upsmash on sheik and then get punished on the way down:\

anyways, someone compare the options for me

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok, at low %s, nothing combos off the uthrow w/ sheik. If they DI, you can jc a usmash (if at 0, i don't think you even need to move). If you think they're going to jump out, try just nairing them.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
does drill>usmash really work on Jiggs, or does my friend just suck at life? He DI'd down or down away or away holding shield, but the usmash always hit. That combo is too good. Just don't get it CC'd.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Hmm, drill>upsmash...I don't know if it works, but if it does, then I'm definitely using it against Jiggs.

How should I mindgame a Sheik (or any character for that matter) after I do an upthrow --> uair, and Sheik is waaay too far to chase (in the magnifying glass)? I can't seem to bait out an opening. Earthly moves such as jump circles feels impractical, and double/single jumping --> nothing/aerial hasn't been too successful. I want to get her to waist a jump, or air dodge, or do something stupid.

I certainly hope people still go here to post...Melee boards look like it's pretty much dead.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you really just have to space to make sure you can't get hit by her bair/ nair, and then wait for her to do something, then beat the hell outta her.

Melee boards are dead.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Hmm, drill>upsmash...I don't know if it works, but if it does, then I'm definitely using it against Jiggs.

How should I mindgame a Sheik (or any character for that matter) after I do an upthrow --> uair, and Sheik is waaay too far to chase (in the magnifying glass)? I can't seem to bait out an opening. Earthly moves such as jump circles feels impractical, and double/single jumping --> nothing/aerial hasn't been too successful. I want to get her to waist a jump, or air dodge, or do something stupid.

I certainly hope people still go here to post...Melee boards look like it's pretty much dead.
Usually I don't chase the sheik, I just jump and shoot lasers at her instead. It's a free 5-9% of damage. I like to camp sheiks.

Actually, I like to camp everyone except Falco.

LuCKy

Smash Master
rrhqiyobhgfvnqgtileyvhjpgrnvennfiinnfrngvngttnuqn;aenhubnnbqt;n spam~

-edit i didnt do that....lol

Top Bottom