• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If he backed into a corner, he gets to select his option to get out of the situation because getting backed into a corner blows

I definitely could have worded it better though
<_<

I just wanted to say option select ._.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Is it just me or is being cornered with fox against peach/slowers not that bad? i mean your trapped for a second, until you just fly over the peach before they can react and now your the one with good position in a matter of seconds.

i might be wrong, i don't play peaches enough.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Peach floating when you're trapped in a corner is pretty scary IMO

Regardless, why would you willingly put yourself in such a situation ... not having options blows xD

Besides, it's not really about reacting because she can't cover all the options (I don't think any character can), but if you continuously get caught in the corner the Peach will catch on to how you're escaping if they're any good

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Peach floating when you're trapped in a corner is pretty scary IMO

Regardless, why would you willingly put yourself in such a situation ... not having options blows xD
how else do you laser camp though?

peach floating when im in a corner just means i can go up and around her, not like she'll be able to move up to hit me from below, besides up-b lol. or roll

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think most Foxes literally laser until they reach the end of the stage with no running room behind them <_<

Peach can predict your jump and smack you as you're jumping

Well whatever I can't really talk because I never try to laser Peaches haha ... *super impatient Fox*

I'd rather platform camp with Bairs anyway xD

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have tips for Fox in blindfold teams / ffa? Only two games we play since 1 v 1s make people rage.
I've already used Falco and Marth, but Fox is a bit fragile, unless I laser camp.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Anyone have tips for Fox in blindfold teams / ffa? Only two games we play since 1 v 1s make people rage.
I've already used Falco and Marth, but Fox is a bit fragile, unless I laser camp.
Are you actually talking about playing teams blindfolded because my advice would totally be pick Marth, have your teammate shield in terror and spam Cstick toward your opponents

If you're talking about like ... random teammates or something like that
Do stupid safe shield pressure and have your teammate cover rolls
When you're at high % be really evasive
Learn how to recover smartly

Teams is all about being aware of what's going on so that's really the biggest skill to have ... Fox can play super safe so as long as you know their teammate is coming you can almost always react to their approach if they decide to 2v1 you

Man, blindfold teams

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Fox is the best character for teams, so blindfolding him should pretty much always put you in advantage lol. As for FFA, we can't help you there, since that isn't what we make tournament-legal. We avoid FFA, there's no balance, it's random, and crazy. It's fun occasionally, but we can't help in that field

lol i assumed he meant like..not knowing your opponents or team mate's characters.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Wenbo you should watch jman vs vanz from Rom3. he basically continuously backs himself into a corner, and gets away for free a bunch.

on a side note though, peach is really scary when she has a chance to float in on you when you're in a corner. Lagless aerials to jab/grab/downsmash is scary.

i usually take the ledge cuz fox is a beast from the ledge vs almost everyone.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh, I just don't think it's optimal but I also get way too bored just shooting lasers so I guess I won't bother arguing about how good camping is >_<

Blindfold teams???

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
evoke, I think you ask questions that are too general, in part because of your relative lack of experience with the game.

here, this will answer every question you will ask for AT LEAST the next 2 months:

just play the game. :D

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
fox shouldnt camp much against puff. puff is slow and thus miserable when she's grounded, so every time she lands you should do something mean to her.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
camping s the only way to beat (good)peach and puff imo
you should watch mango's MMs vs hbox from apex, and recent friendlies at rom3

you don't even get to see hbox spam bair that much cuz mango stays in his face the whole time

I think having a really good oos game is important in that matchup. particularly in the MM vids from apex, mango was finding safe times to wavedash oos a lot, to kind of limit hbox's ability to make a space animal feel cornered

yea post that sht otto, and the one of you vs. mango if i remember it was fun to watch

i've been more into smash recently and as a result keep thinking of stuff about the game, fox, or fox's matchups. a lot of times i come to this thread cuz i want to write it down but people are talking about totally different stuff and i don't want to break the conversation.

would anyone be interested in reading a blog or something where i can write down some of the things i think about the game?

edit: some of my thoughts recently have been better ways to combo depending on stage position (platforms; what makes smash combos tight,) ways i approach matchups in my head and how it helps and what it feels like to be warmed up.
aight ill post it in a bit. me and mango didnt record one. when you brought your **** over he was still only using mario and stuff against me. then when i got him to record you were gone lol. we recorded a bit that night but he was hella high lol

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
camping s the only way to beat (good)peach imo
Debatable.

Peach has enough weaknesses in the match-up for Fox to run straight offense. It's not the best strategy, but for players that are comfortable in that style its a viable approach.

If you're smart about it, there isn't much Peach can do to keep you off her outside CCing. Nair oos can be avoided pretty easily.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Cactuar says

Drillshine to usmash

And if you run offense she never gets time to set up, whatever that means

Cactuar and his silly words

I swear he just makes them up

Lasers for life

Tomacawk

Smash Master
so guys I was tiddling around with utilt today
couldn't get it to combo to usmash but lack of cstick use in training mode is prob why
what I DID do is dair jab
I think it's really useful against puff when she's 75%ish or higher, combos into usmash or grab
can be good if you're out of shine range but still wanna continue the combo
just watch out for ccs

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Cactuar says

Drillshine to usmash

And if you run offense she never gets time to setup, whatever that means

Cactuar and his silly words

I swear he just makes them up

Lasers for life

Set up, not setup. When peach has time, she prepares with turnips, and cuts off certain approach options via the turnip arc. Once you are inside, you have much more mobility than peach and can cut her off from doing... anything...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Set up, not setup. When peach has time, she prepares with turnips, and cuts off certain approach options via the turnip arc. Once you are inside, you have much more mobility than peach and can cut her off from doing... anything...
Is that why your drillshine u-smash is better?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Why not drill -> grab instead?

I guess you could go for jab if she's above uthrow uair percents
jab gives you an easier kill--all you have to do is upsmash (jiggs, specifically)
a lot of people can't reliably uthrow uair her, not to mention a lot of jiggs are good at SDI'ing things
dair to jab is just another option you have, i think people should do it more than they do now (never)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
jab gives you an easier kill--all you have to do is upsmash (jiggs, specifically)
a lot of people can't reliably uthrow uair her, not to mention a lot of jiggs are good at SDI'ing things
dair to jab is just another option you have, i think people should do it more than they do now (never)
Yeah, true.

I suppose Jigglypuff holding down makes both options dangerous... (cc the jab, or duck the grab if you don't do it fast enough to link it)

Does Jigglypuff instantly go into her duck out of hitstun if she's holding down?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
you cant crouch that fast. drill grab combos on puff iirc.

at reasonable percents the ASDI she'll get by holding down through the dair will allow her to CC your jab successfully so don't rely on it too much. just grab. even if you cant uthrow uair her you can do something. uthrow bair or dthrow tech chase or just punch her stupid face and throw

bthrow is boss too cause no one knows how the **** to DI it so you get random punishes off of it. ive gotten bthrow -> nair, i've gotten bthrow -> tech chase on a platform usmash, and other things. try it.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Verily, the news is well-received. Deliver my regards to the good sir Eggz and godspeed on your journey.

and tell him im trying to get a pimp *** studio apartment next year MAYBE with vish and no one else as a roommate and im bout to get like 2 CRTs up in that *****, and apologize to him on my behalf for being too lazily to talk like a ****in knight or whatever for this entire post
youd better make it up by only speaking in knight speak the day we return to eachother

Top Bottom