• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Stadium + DL64.

Except against Falco.

YS/Battlefield for that.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I need some general advice against sheik.
I have a mental barrier up that sheik is broken as **** (imo, she is.)Getting through ftilt spamming is stupidly difficult, DIing the tilts properly / changing to survival DI is too difficult for me, hopefully I can get better at it...
comboing sheik isn't a problem. it's recovering against her ledge guards, getting that first hit in/drillshine in...etc.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Sheik, for me is a very annoying match up as Fox. Then again, I have yet to test out my new play style against a good my friend's Sheik yet. I'd recommend checking out the PC Chris (Fox) V.S. M2k (Sheik) set for some tips. The more I watch PC's Fox, the better understanding up I have when it comes to certain match ups.

EWC

Smash Ace
Sheik is dumb because her defensive options are way too good imo. It's hard to safely apply pressure when she can CC, backwards short hop, nair oos, needle camp, ftilt, and edge camp. And if you get hit or grabbed once it's gg. I have no clue how to do stuff to sheik unless they mess up their spacing first. =(

Someone cool should write a detailed guide to beating sheik.

Milos

Smash Lord
**** her shield

u throw uair

when she's off the ledge edgehog, wait for her to get on the stage and ledgehop bair or something during the lag

waveshine and stuff

CC TILTS!! VERY IMPORTANT!! makes tilts suck up to like 278902%

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I will admit that edge guarding Shiek is extremely easy. Basic things such as forward tilt can steal their second jump and force her to use her Up B recovery. Her CC isn't the main issue really, for Fox can counter that with SHFFL dairs to shine/waveshine. Its just her combo abilities/edge guarding that makes her a pain.

I'll let you know how it goes when I record with my friend in the near future.

EWC

Smash Ace
**** her shield

u throw uair

when she's off the ledge edgehog, wait for her to get on the stage and ledgehop bair or something during the lag

waveshine and stuff

CC TILTS!! VERY IMPORTANT!! makes tilts suck up to like 278902%
Obvious things that everybody knows. None of this really helps solve the problems I have with sheik. She's easy as hell to butt **** once I get my paws on her, but that's hard if she plays proper defense.

EWC

Smash Ace
I think I might be exaggerating the amount of difficulty I have against sheik. I just always feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Raynex, I was speaking about when recovering from under the stage. I assumed side b sweetspots were obvious (bad assumption, in hindsight)
From under the stage you should space yourself with your DJ and go straight up with the the firefox (out of the way of the upb). Sweetspotting with upb is easy to do as well.

raynex is really ****in good with fox

dis ***** ***** colbol, who aint no scrub. bernard come to my house the 11th, feat. mango pc and many more!
sup nukkah

i heard some stuffz about this raynex guy
i heard i met stratford at RoM and you DIDN'T COME YOU ***.

Anyone want to discuss their favorite stage(s) as a Fox player?

I love Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, and Final Destination. XD
Stadium, Dreamland, FD.

Its cool, we all have our unfavorable match ups.

Just maintain a positive mindset and you'll be fine. =)
You're too positive. Sheik match-up is impossible. :)

You have to do insane damage from grabs, and do insane damage/kill her every time you knock her off the stage (at any percent) to keep up with a Sheik. I played M2k's sheik a ****load after watching Jman try at RoM.

Its all about not running into the tilts. If you do run in, shield the ftilt she is likely to throw out then shield-grab.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lolz you met stratford?

thats my boy

i couldnt come

money johns

some day rayn some day :)

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
You're too positive. Sheik match-up is impossible. :)

You have to do insane damage from grabs, and do insane damage/kill her every time you knock her off the stage (at any percent) to keep up with a Sheik. I played M2k's sheik a ****load after watching Jman try at RoM.

Its all about not running into the tilts. If you do run in, shield the ftilt she is likely to throw out then shield-grab.
LOL!

That is so true! I am too positive. :laugh:

Thanks for the Sheik info, dude. XD

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I also can't get out of sheik's grab game. the tech chases are too good, I can't get out, no matter how I tech, if I don't tech I get dsmashed/dtilted, etc.-I just don't get it. I don't even comprehend how fox can possibly counter sheik, but I'm not the best source of insight, obv...
I'll have videos up, eventually.
also, how can I recover against sheik?
the ledge guarding is sort of like puff--except against puff I recover from really low where she can't get to fast enough. with sheik, no matter where I start my up B, i get faired out of it, my side b gets naired or dsmashed, and setting up a sweetspot to the ledge is risky because most stages don't have a big enough wall for me to sweetspot into, which means I have to do it from far out, and risk ledgehog/ledgehop bair.

EWC

Smash Ace
The only way to not get totally edge ***** by sheik is to kill her first. =(

But really, once you're off, there is nothing you can do that can't easily be guarded. All sheik has to do is bair+ledge frames. You just have to make sure that you never go near the edge unless it's to edgeguard her.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I also can't get out of sheik's grab game. the tech chases are too good, I can't get out, no matter how I tech, if I don't tech I get dsmashed/dtilted, etc.-I just don't get it. I don't even comprehend how fox can possibly counter sheik, but I'm not the best source of insight, obv...
I'll have videos up, eventually.
also, how can I recover against sheik?
the ledge guarding is sort of like puff--except against puff I recover from really low where she can't get to fast enough. with sheik, no matter where I start my up B, i get faired out of it, my side b gets naired or dsmashed, and setting up a sweetspot to the ledge is risky because most stages don't have a big enough wall for me to sweetspot into, which means I have to do it from far out, and risk ledgehog/ledgehop bair.
First step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdy2JRMEB0Q

alright jokes aside.

D.i. her dthrow away and don't tech. You'll be too far for dsmash, dtilt to hit I THINK (if she doesn't walk). Best solution is to not get grabbed. If you do, make sure you don't reveal which way you are going to tech using your d.i. Usually, its extremely obvious to tell where someone is going to go based on how they manipulate their d.i. + where they are on the stage (i.e. close to edge etc). You have to make sure that you keep it random. If you get fthrow/bthrow off, NEVER D.I. AWAY.

If you d.i. away its auto death. Sheik grabs edge and nair/bair to your death. Survival d.i. the throws and dj while hugging the stage, then airdodge. If she tries to fall off and nair she'll go right through and you'll have stage advantage. Beyond that, try survival d.i.ing and walljumping for frames then illusion. If you are ever off and plan on firefoxing, make sure she can't reach you while you're charging it up with her bair.

You basically have to learn how to space and d.i. once you get throw off the stage to maximize your chances of survival. Knowledge of how to fight against this gay gimping **** is important, especially with Fox. Characters that can't beat him with "real fighting" usually resort to gimps so you'll encounter it often (Sheik, Jiggs). Or...they might just camp you. lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
First step:

alright jokes aside.

D.i. her dthrow away and don't tech. You'll be too far for dsmash, dtilt to hit I THINK (if she doesn't walk). Best solution is to not get grabbed. If you do, make sure you don't reveal which way you are going to tech using your d.i. Usually, its extremely obvious to tell where someone is going to go based on how they manipulate their d.i. + where they are on the stage (i.e. close to edge etc). You have to make sure that you keep it random. If you get fthrow/bthrow off, NEVER D.I. AWAY.

If you d.i. away its auto death. Sheik grabs edge and nair/bair to your death. Survival d.i. the throws and dj while hugging the stage, then airdodge. If she tries to fall off and nair she'll go right through and you'll have stage advantage. Beyond that, try survival d.i.ing and walljumping for frames then illusion. If you are ever off and plan on firefoxing, make sure she can't reach you while you're charging it up with her bair.

You basically have to learn how to space and d.i. once you get throw off the stage to maximize your chances of survival. Knowledge of how to fight against this gay gimping **** is important, especially with Fox. Characters that can't beat him with "real fighting" usually resort to gimps so you'll encounter it often (Sheik, Jiggs). Or...they might just camp you. lol
exactly what I was looking for. thanks

soap

Smash Hero
First step:

alright jokes aside.

thank u for the insight into the minds of the fox hehe..... this will actually help my fox so much. My friends falcon tech chases my fox so hard, its really demoralizing.

O man but there is no such thing as up bing out of range where sheik can't get u. Tonite against my friends fox i get him off ledge at like 20, slap him coming up under with frames, then followed him down to the blast line at FD, DJ smacked him, and just barely made it back, it was ridiculously low. (I use Control stick double jump + cstick when i go down there)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah CanISmash--I try all of these things, just unsuccessfully. My techs are probably predictable.
also--just want to 100% totally make sure
as long as I L cancel my dair, i CANT be shield grabbed, right? and can i waveshine behind someone before they get the grab, or do I have to keep drill shining in place? or I can just shine->jc grab, right?
thanks. I've looked at the frame data for this before from SCOTU, but I'm either not smart enough or I just misunderstand it because I couldn't find the answer

soap

Smash Hero
u cant be shieldgrabbed, but they can roll away or sidestep your shine. Making Dair kinda fail at shield pressure compared to late nair/bair.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
It's because of playing Sheiks so often that I've mastered sweet spotting the edge at any angle with the firefox.

Top Bottom