• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
It's in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw

By the looks of it, light shield either lets you drop down like that by hitting down, or (more likely), you have to take advantage of the lagless light shield and hit down as soon as you drop your shield, since it goes down instantly when you let go of the button. Try it out. tbh I don't know how to do it either lol

Tero.

Smash Champion
How do you shield drop?

I did it once by total fluke but other than that I have no idea how to do it.
You're talking about dropping through platform while in your shield?
If yes, then you just have to press down lightly, not too fast or you'll spotdodge, not too lightly or you'll just angle your shield.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
fox dittos, for some reason i love uthrowing fox in a platform to dair reset. and then like usmash or re grab after lol so much sex.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
It's a good idea, because if you're fast enough, you can still be in control if they tech and grab/hit them again. I stole that from Bernard lol.
same loooooool.

and i stole this from peterx who stole it from bernard.

uthrow shine wd out shine wd out usmash.

super tech skill all dai.

same with like shine wd out sh dair reset LOL.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Hey, I'm Canadian living in Australia. how do i beat Caotic's peache?
watch out for cc dsmash and when peach lands an arial what out for dsmash.

drill so you dont get cc'ed. drill shine -> waveshine/grab/or usmash. i prefer grab & usmash

usmash usmash usmash.

ban dl64 lol.

spaced bair.

usmash oos sheild.

uair all dai!

Brookman

Smash Hero
The stage is perfect for fox. Big enough to let his speed give him control of the stage and platforms to trip up her chain grab (unlike FD). So she lives for an extra ~20%...big deal, its not like the shine stops comboing into up smash at some point.

p.s. If peach 'keeps coming back' vs. use the c-stick up instead of forward :p

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
The stage is perfect for fox. Big enough to let his speed give him control of the stage and platforms to trip up her chain grab (unlike FD). So she lives for an extra ~20%...big deal, its not like the shine stops comboing into up smash at some point.

p.s. If peach 'keeps coming back' vs. use the c-stick up instead of forward :p
makes sense

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Lol she's so easy to edgegaurd against on DL.

full jump bair full jump bair full jump bair

also u-smash should be common sense.

Grmo

Smash Champion
FastFox, your DP is terrifying. Utterly terrifying. It reminds me of something I saw on /x/ recently...

Anyway, I was gonna say something useful about Fox, but I've forgotten. Let's talk about ways to deal with shino stalling. I know you can shine out of it at a certain point, so maybe shine out of sheild? I don't know, because I haven't been able to try it yet. Trying to grab the edge is risky and ********. I often just run away and laser, but I hate doing that. What do you guys do?

FastFox

BRoomer
FastFox, your DP is terrifying. Utterly terrifying. It reminds me of something I saw on /x/ recently...

Anyway, I was gonna say something useful about Fox, but I've forgotten. Let's talk about ways to deal with shino stalling. I know you can shine out of it at a certain point, so maybe shine out of sheild? I don't know, because I haven't been able to try it yet. Trying to grab the edge is risky and ********. I often just run away and laser, but I hate doing that. What do you guys do?

yeah, it's from /x/. I've been browsing for almost a year now. I'm an /x/ophile.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I knew it! Seriously though, I can't figure out what it is. Those eyes aren't human. Some sort of weird mask? I really have no clue lol.

I'm kind of ******** with /x/. Like, sitting in a dark room trying to find the creepiest stuff possible. Every now and then I just get thoroughly chilled :laugh:

FastFox

BRoomer
It's a shopped picture, of course.

Personally, I love being scared brickless.

BACK ON TOPIC...

@ Grmo: either camp them out, or be super daring and try and hit them out of it. Those are your choices.

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol yeah, I guess. I found out that bair actually prevents you from being hit, so I like to try to make use of that. I dunno, I'm thinking I'll experiment more with shine out of shield and try to get the timing down.

PS. lol shopped, of course. I dunno what I was thinking :laugh:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Glad you're stepping up Grmo. At first I wanted to go back and read what I missed, but I'm pretty sure you took care of a bunch of questions already. :laugh:

edit:

I have some videos to put of my fox vs XIF's peach. Then you guys can help me figure out why Im not consistently ****** him.
Link those vids so we can give you some more help.

How do you shield drop?

I did it once by total fluke but other than that I have no idea how to do it.
When you shield drop you DO NOT HOLD DOWN. You hold the control stick on a diagonal angle. If you are running on a platform, shield and slide the control stick down as much as possible without actually sidestepping. Go as close as you can to actually hitting down but don't actually do it. You have to get the angle just right to shield drop properly.

You are supposed to tilt your shield in the angle between 'down' and 'left/right'. So, 45 degrees I guess.

The key to getting this right, is getting that stupid low angle. To make things more clear:

6 oclock is down, 5 oclock is where you want the stick. Closer to 6 than to 3, basically.

fox dittos, for some reason i love uthrowing fox in a platform to dair reset. and then like usmash or re grab after lol so much sex.
I've stopped dair->reset. If you simply hold away you can d.i. the dair and slide off the platform while getting hit and regain your balance. Now I waveland and tech-chase re-grab or simply uair. If they are at kill percents I bair -> edge-guard.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Glad you're stepping up Grmo. At first I wanted to go back and read what I missed, but I'm pretty sure you took care of a bunch of questions already. :laugh:

I've stopped dair->reset. If you simply hold away you can d.i. the dair and slide off the platform while getting hit and regain your balance. Now I waveland and tech-chase re-grab or simply uair. If they are at kill percents I bair -> edge-guard.
lol, I tried my best. I don't know if my advice would have been as good as yours though :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for that tidbit about the dair reset. I'll have to keep that in mind. I like waveland -> techchase up kick, personally, or maybe turn around utilt or dtilt depending on percentage. I love dtilt lol :chuckle:

FastFox

BRoomer
I like to jump up onto the platform and spot wavedash right into a jab -> upsmash.

It's tasty.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I like to jump up onto the platform and spot wavedash right into a jab -> upsmash.

It's tasty.
Woah!

That's a new one.

I find it funny that I've been practicing for the past few months making my wavedashes as long as possible.

Never thought a small one would be that useful, unless I am close to the edge and about to edge hog.

Nice one FF.

:chuckle:

Brookman

Smash Hero
being able to wavedash at all sorts of angles (the main determining factor in your length) is really great. I mean, it's all for spacing anyway.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i agree with this except that like, how are you supposed to know exactly how far your gonna go?

like ive seen marth's do wavedash away to tipped f-smash...either they get lucky or they knew it...i dont get it... you must been spending alot of time memorizing and like learning the distances and stuff

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
its all about the uthrow to platform to sh firefox combo.

but yeah spot wavedash to jab usmash sounds raw haha.

Grmo

Smash Champion
i agree with this except that like, how are you supposed to know exactly how far your gonna go?

like ive seen marth's do wavedash away to tipped f-smash...either they get lucky or they knew it...i dont get it... you must been spending alot of time memorizing and like learning the distances and stuff
Not really. It's just something you develop a sense for, just like musicians develop a sense for note pitch.

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol yeah. I do play drums too rofl. Much more guitar/trombone/piano though. they're like the top tiers of instruments. Anyway yeah, it really is just a sense. I have no clue how you would study stuff to improve spacing ability.

EDIT: Didgeridoo is so top tier lol

Top Bottom