• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Smash Master
But Snake WOULDN'T be the best character in the game if meta was banned. He gets ***** by DDD. Falco and Wario can do well vs him too. I think the tier list would actually change if meta was banned, Snake would NOT be the best in the game tho.... at least in my opinion.
Probably most likely

Wario
Marth
Snake
Dedede

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
D3 doesn't by all means **** him. And him you don't let falco get the chaingrab isn't the match up like even?

Regardless who would be second what I said would still apply.

@Budget. As the best character in the game, he has the best chance of winning in a blind pick, as he should have.
Wario would destroy Snake. Our Uair goes through his Utilt O.o.

UberMario

Smash Master
LOL Everyone's assuming he's getting banned. He needs about 400 more votes for "Yes" without anyone else saying "no" for this to be truly possible. If you people really want him banned as much as you say you do, you better find more people to vote. ;)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
LOL Everyone's assuming he's getting banned. He needs about 400 more votes for "Yes" without anyone else saying "no" for this to be truly possible. If you people really want him banned as much as you say you do, you better find more people to vote. ;)
What they mean is that the vote has to be 66% in the SBR, right now the community gets 2 votes for Pro-ban in the SBR, and soon 3.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
it'll be something like top 3 in particular order
Falco
snake
Marth
with d3/wario g&w close
wario is 3/2 on tier list no doubt

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Falco
snake
Marth
with d3/wario g&w close
Wario has a good matchup vs Falco snake and D3, and really only has problems with marths. And even then I think we may have a fix to the marth problem.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Wow when these threads pop up the scrubs come out by the dozens. If top level players can beat him then why the **** are you for the ban. Screw your thoughts about making the community better all you are doing is catering to a bunch of whiny ****ing scrubs who would rather erase a obstacle instead of overcome it. If he cant be beaten how did ally/others do it. Man the **** up your game already sucks ****. Banning this character only serves to prove that point. I cant believe i read this crap. You sucked this game down to its bare minimum with only players/characters being the main skill determinant then you want to eliminate a character because hes good. Welcome to the ****ing competitive community. You wonder why EVO and other communities laugh at you. What Is banning him gonna do FOR YOU. Ask youselves are you gonna place better at major/national events? Its not like 90% of your had the compentance to compete anyway. Especially with the majority mentality im seeing now.

The same people are still gonna **** the **** out of you.
Its not like who you main doesnt have other problems. Your character still sucks hot *** regardless.
Honestly how most of you can even stand this crap is beyond me especially a bunch of whiners who fail so hard. Learn the matchup

Scrubs= play the game the way i want you to play
Honestly thats what i'm seeing
You have the chance to partispate in a tournament. Exterior forces pushed aside that would prevent you from competing such as travel, money and so forth and you have the nerve to ***** and complain like this to other people cause of their character. Aside from this forum you are just statistics that play for alpha zelots chart of "wow the community is so lively and huge" When on the interior **** like this is happening.
I wouldnt cater for a stranger especially a whiny scrub like the ones you have to deal with.
if you ban him you are decreasing the already crap level of competitviness this ****ty game has to offer.

Just repeating this cause right now you talking about dumb **** anyways. theres a couple of nuggets in this. I'm done after this...

generalsmash

Smash Rookie
I think that it would be like this

Snake
Falco
Wario
DDK
Marth
DDD

and so on but I don't think that Snake will ever lower in the tier list.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Dedede does have a few bad matchups, but he still is in S Tier. Do you really think that's only because he's only slightly disadvantaged to Meta Knight?
DDD destroys 5 characters totally because of an infinite and has some total good MUs vs. others he can CG. Like I already said I think he is the best secondary (Behind MK). DDD is not made for maining, he is an good counterpick against some characters and definitily NOT hard to play (For me and for many others...).

And a lot of people are arguing the play-to-win strategy behind always picking MK. However, if you really want to play to win, you'd pick a character to yield better than 50/50.
If you always pick the worst character for your oppenant you won't win. You have much better chances of winning if you have 1 solid main (+1 secondary) than 10 or more. Sure you can play more then one character, but see how the most tournament winners do not have more then max. 3 characters used (Mostly 1 or 2, see M2K, Ally or Lain)

UberMario

Smash Master
@Masmasher@: Not all of us are for the ban you know.The votes for yes have to combine to 66% for him to be banned, having 50%-65% won't cut it.

and what is it with everyone saying Wario is the best? His UpB is one of the worst in the game. :ohwell:

iRJi

Smash Champion
Falco
snake
Marth
with d3/wario g&w close
Why Falco? and what do you mean Wario is "3/2" on the tier list?

Without MK top 3 would be Wario, Snake, Marth. Then D3/Falco/Diddy.
I think that it would be like this

Snake
Falco
Wario
DDK
Marth
DDD

and so on but I don't think that Snake will ever lower in the tier list.
Sorry to be blunt about this, but it doesn't ****ing matter right now lol. Worry about it later, and continue with the current topic at hand. This isn't a thread about "New tier list 09" Its a thread about Metaknight.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
and what is it with everyone saying Wario is the best? His UpB is one of the worst in the game. :ohwell:
Meta Knight's Jab is one of the worst Jabs in the game.

RJ is correct. But seriously stop over hyping wario... again.
I agree with this and the post of RJ, btw.
Who cares what the tierlist maybe would look like if Meta Knight is banned. That doesn't matter as of now.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
co18, hungrybox, seibrik was a former d3 main and all of them have won a tournament with their character before exept for hungrybox i believe but he has come in second

get your facts straight boy
It's my opinion and I'm sure that co18, hungrybox, seibrik (and Atomsk) would do better if they use a good secondary (MK for example ... :laugh:)

UberMario

Smash Master
Uber. His bike is his main recovery, you have no idea what you are talking about.
What if you're still under the ledge after using the bike? You're pretty much at the mercy of the other player by that point as they can just edgehog/spike you as you use Corkscrew.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which one are you going to use more? A recovery or a jab?
LOL!
I wanna see you recover with Jigglypuff's UpB.

And once again I agree with Palpi.

What if you're still under the ledge after using the bike? You're pretty much at the mercy of the other player by that point as they can just edgehog/spike you as you use Corkscrew.
A Wario who recovers low is a bad Wario.

UberMario

Smash Master
LOL!
I wanna see you recover with Jigglypuff's UpB.

And once again I agree with Palpi.

A Wario who recovers low is a bad Wario.
What the? Sing isn't a recovery, her side b is though.

Besides no matter how much skill you have, you can still end up lower than the playfield as any character right?

etecoon

Smash Hero
But Snake WOULDN'T be the best character in the game if meta was banned. He gets ***** by DDD. Falco and Wario can do well vs him too. I think the tier list would actually change if meta was banned, Snake would NOT be the best in the game tho.... at least in my opinion.
snake is ***** by olimar and olimar only. DDD is even or maybe a SLIGHT advantage for DDD, falco and wario, according to some more recent data collected, can basically be tech chased to death on pure reaction, although that's far less of an issue for wario than falco.

UberMario

Smash Master
if you "charged" the waft up you should be fine :p
What if you're knocked off straight after using Wario Waft?

To Palpi: I didn't mean a lip, I mean't when he's already used bike in mid-air and still cannot reach the edge.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What the? Sing isn't a recovery, her side b is though.
Yea, Corkscrew also is a recovery move, but it isn't Wario's only recovery move. Seriously.

Besides no matter how much skill you have, you can still end up lower than the playfield as any character right?
If you play Wario and let yourself bring into the lower half of the playfield with his insane momentum cancelling, floatiness, weight, horizontal recovery and his whacky vertical recovery, then you're doing it wrong.

Wario has his second jump, the jump from the bike, the fart (only the poot doesn't cover vertical distance) and - if all of that fails - additionally the Corkscrew as last part of his recovery.

Saying Wario's recovery is bad is like saying Meta Knight is bad at gimping or Snake can't camp.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
when they finally make whatever discussion they make its going to b epic.. I think the answer thread of wheater to ban MK will be more pages then this lol...IF he gets banned i cant wait to read the *****ing vice versa lol....

POKE40

Smash Lord
when they finally make whatever discussion they make its going to b epic.. I think the answer thread of wheater to ban MK will be more pages then this lol...IF he gets banned i cant wait to read the *****ing lol....
I can't wait for this discussion to be over too
:D

the beat part is reading the reactions
it's going to be epic XD

*continues to head bang on screen*

*and plays the final countdown*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ironically, it increases her ledge sweetsopt range.
Yea, but will it help you recover from the lower half of the playfield? [/ubermario]

Edit:
If your opponent knocks you out of your recovery with the waft and you can't reach the ledge anymore because you're too low, then congratulations, you were sucessfully gimped! That's a valid tactic of defeating your opponent, and no weakness character-wise, since every character can't recover from below like that.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Even if the community votes to ban MK, I highly doubt the SBR will. which is good for all us anti ban people.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Edit:
If your opponent knocks you out of your recovery with the waft and you can't reach the ledge anymore because you're too low, then congratulations, you were sucessfully gimped! That's a valid tactic of defeating your opponent, and no weakness character-wise, since every character can't recover from below like that.
How do you gimp a good Wario? Please tell me, I thought it was neigh impossible!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How do you gimp a good Wario? Please tell me, I thought it was neigh impossible!
It is hard, of course, but it is possible.

I'm just saying that his scenario of player X knocking Wario out of his recovery distance is a gimp. That is no character weakness.

Wario's recovery is one of the best in the game, I thought you would agree with me on that.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
It is hard, of course, but it is possible.

I'm just saying that his scenario of player X knocking Wario out of his recovery distance is a gimp. That is no character weakness.

Wario's recovery is one of the best in the game, I thought you would agree with me on that.
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't work on the internet T.T

I do agree Wario has the best recovery and is very tough to gimp, I thought I was being funny, but oh well. I'm bad at jokes >.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom