• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Items were absolutely ******** for even mentioning items in Melee, I don't give a **** if Ken wanted them in, that's not even funny dude. Yes, we're all biased against items, none of us have any real reason AT ALL. The entire majority is just a bunch of scrubby ****tards. GEE WIZZ THANKS.

Also, MK is by far best with items, get off drugs. All items will do is make him better.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Edit: also, infinite and extended are two different things...... kinda like DDDs infinite chain grab being banned, but using the moving cg against the characters that can be I-CG'd being ok.
No.

IDC is the glitch. EDC is just another name for the glitch when you don't do it infinitely.

The glitch (extending MKs dimensional cape) is banned.

The glitch isn't only worthy of a DQ when you use it to end the match (that's a waste of time). If MK uses it for 3 minutes at the end of the match, he gets DQd. If he uses it for 1 and a half minutes, comes out for 2 seconds, and uses it for 1 minute and 28 seconds, it's still banned. It's not technically infinite but it's still banned.

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, I mean, Ken must be pretty ridiculous too, seeing as how he played with items for years and fervently fought for the Items Unbanned side for many years in Melee days. :confused:

There's just some irrational bias towards items from the Competitive Community that I don't understand.

Like, if you knock a person off the stage and a Beam Sword spawns, then good ****, you just got a Beam Sword. Same thing if a Peach got a Bomb, or a DDD got a Gordo. You're being rewarded for outplaying your opponent and getting him off the stage. If your opponent wanted the item, he shouldn't of gotten knocked off. Just because he didn't know it was going to be there is no excuse. If he were playing optimally, he would've realized it was about time for an item to spawn soon and planned accordingly if it were big enough of a deal.

No, you can't determine THE EXACT SPOT ON THE EXACT FRAME the item will come out. So what?
So its random and luck based and not competitive.

Peach/DDD random isn't optimal either. I play DDD and openly admit that kills I get with Gordo's are completely luck based and all things considered unfair. However its been judged that the odds of an individual Gordo or Bomb pull drastically altering the outcome of the match are not high enough to disqualify DDD/Peach from competitive play.

The sword spawn isn't a reward, its a random luck based chance. What if it had spawned on the other end of the stage? Then it wouldn't have really helped at all since I couldn't get to it and get back in time to use it to win the stock. I knock you off right before an item should be spawning and get lucky and it spawns at my feet, I use it to gimp you and win the stock. You come back and return the favor of knocking me off before a spawn and it spawns on the other end of the stage. You got screwed by the RNG, you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't fail to plan, I didn't out play you. The game screwed you at random in a completely luck based event.

Thats not competition.

EDIT:

@Above

Oh really? I thought the EDC had slightly different input from the user than IDC (someone said something about moving the control stick up and down instead of just mashing the c-stick up).

How would you propose extremely short term EDC (like doing it just enough to gain you another character space or so across the level to avoid an attack) be monitored? Judge at every match? Review of every match with a complaint that might be? Do we involve a measuring tape or ruler? Standard or Metric? (Obvious joke)

IDC is obviously covered under stalling, but if its still a viable tactic as long as its not used for stalling, how long exactly is it OK? 3 seconds? 4?

Short answer: Ban MK.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Umm... Just want to step in for a second and say...

There is no concrete, recorded, verified data to suggest that Brawl has pre-set spawn points for items on any stage. I'm talking about in-code data here, not just "I watched the screen for half an hour". ISP has been looking for it since... we started, and we don't have any verified proof that items spawn that way.

If someone has it, I'd really like to know.

...and, for the record, ask M2K and Inui about their ISP 2v2 tournament experience. I understand that ISP is an aside project and was never intended for predominant tournament use (community-wide, I mean)... but items aren't broken if you do it right, and we have.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
So I can't use his move list, and I can't use his frame data. Before we continue is there anything else you'd like to add to the list of "inadmissable evidence"? Tournament results maybe?

I don't understand why people keep letting Anti-Ban say things like "You have no data to support your conclusions" and then with the next breath say "All your data is terrible and can't be used". Its a catch 22 of the worst sort.

Light weight? MK survives to very respectable percentages with proper DI/Momentum Cancelling etc etc.

Why should he be the only character (lightweight or no) which is un-gimpable? Especially when you factor in how good his own gimping game is.

Falco and Jigglypuff are both gimpable, Jiggs is gimpable AND flat out killable. I don't see how they support your argument.
Look Genesis should have been the nail in the coffin for all you pro banners.

I'm not saying you data is terrible im saying alone it doesnt hold any weight ESPECIALLY when it comes to banning a character which might i remind you is a last resort.
The thing is that pro ban cant conclude you guys dont have enough data/evidence.

Also why is DK the only one that ddd cant infinite grab standing. See what i did. Complaining about a way a character dies is..well whiny. As long as you can win it shouldnt be discussed.

I was talking about falco and jiggs in melee. Which holds the same concept of how a characters stock is taken off. You predominately gimp falco instead of killing him. Some characters lean toward different ways of dying.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
No.

IDC is the glitch. EDC is just another name for the glitch when you don't do it infinitely.

The glitch isn't only worthy of a DQ when you use it to end the match (that's a waste of time). If MK uses it for 3 minutes at the end of the match, he gets DQd. If he uses it for 1 and a half minutes, comes out for 2 seconds, and uses it for 1 minute and 28 seconds, it's still banned. It's not technically infinite but it's still banned.
Once again: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8030535&postcount=6954

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
says the guy who said items have predetermined spawn points
the intricacies of items aren't really well known...because we don't use items and haven't researched them. i was just saying what i thought was right, i guess it wasn't! that's what I've always heard though.

edit: what does him being in the SBR have to do with anything? lol he was wrong, that's all there is to it. I'd put as much money as you want on that.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
the intricacies of items aren't really well known...because we don't use items and haven't researched them. i was just saying what i thought was right, i guess it wasn't! that's what I've always heard though.

edit: what does him being in the SBR have to do with anything? lol he was wrong, that's all there is to it. I'd put as much money as you want on that.
Bulls***, son. We've researched the hell out of those things. We've always HOPED that items spawned at predetermined locations, but we've never asserted that this was the case or that there was any evidence for it; in fact, most circumstantial evidence asserts that items spawn closer to whomever is doing worse off in the match, as long as it's not off-stage.

Again, though, we have no in-code evidence either way. We've been trying to get the Brawl+ coders to hack us up some spawn codes, but they refuse to help... so not much progress has been made.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
...uhhh...

does anyone here SERIOUSLY think EDC and IDC are different things? because then you guys need to study up

most circumstantial evidence asserts that items spawn closer to whomever is doing worse off in the match, as long as it's not off-stage.
I guess that's why I always thought it was pre-determined. whenever you leave a match on for like 10 minutes and look where the items fall, they always went to the same places. but I guess that's because the characters were just standing still.

interesting.

BBQTV

Smash Master
this has become a thread on items instead of MK funny how it works that way.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Items were absolutely ******** for even mentioning items in Melee, I don't give a **** if Ken wanted them in, that's not even funny dude. Yes, we're all biased against items, none of us have any real reason AT ALL. The entire majority is just a bunch of scrubby ****tards. GEE WIZZ THANKS.

Also, MK is by far best with items, get off drugs. All items will do is make him better.
i love you falcon^^

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

lol
I play with items far more than I should because my friend's who play aren't competitive with the game and wutnot, and I can tell you that items come up wherever they **** well please. You can't predict it at all. Only thing you can predict is where the dragoon pieces will show up if you collect less than 3 of them and get eliminated, caused they either pop out to the left or to the right. Other than that...

And as far as EDC is concerned, one could assume that someone who's in the SBR helped come up with the SBR ruleset and would know these things.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
i love you falcon^^
I have fans now?

Pyro don't go around saying **** like that when the ENTIRE forum is telling you otherwise. I thought it was known for forever and a half where items spawn is like totally random, what the hell. >_>

I don't think any sane TO would allow EDC, but Spade is right. That **** needs to be banned though, it's easy to point out and it's not like something you can really do on accident loooool.

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
Look Genesis should have been the nail in the coffin for all you pro banners.

I'm not saying you data is terrible im saying alone it doesnt hold any weight ESPECIALLY when it comes to banning a character which might i remind you is a last resort.
The thing is that pro ban cant conclude you guys dont have enough data/evidence.

Also why is DK the only one that ddd cant infinite grab standing. See what i did. Complaining about a way a character dies is..well whiny. As long as you can win it shouldnt be discussed.

I was talking about falco and jiggs in melee. Which holds the same concept of how a characters stock is taken off. You predominately gimp falco instead of killing him. Some characters lean toward different ways of dying.
In the same what WHOBO should have been the nail in the coffin for all anti-banners? One tournament didn't prove anything then and it doesn't now. No one on Pro-Ban side that i've seen is actually arguing that MK is Akuma level unbeatable. Hes just breaks alot of parts of the game (in my opinion).

Whats the difference between not saying its terrible and saying "it doesn't hold any weight"? You're still dismissing it out of hand. Sounds like semantics to me.

MK isn't just ungimpable by DDD, hes ungimpable period. We're not talking about one matchup, or one move, or one character or one trick. Its an universal thing which in my opinion breaks a vitally important part of the competitive game.

I misunderstood you then I thought you were referring to Brawl (which is what we are talking about here). Feel free to look at the video a few posts above yours of MK surviving to 100+ % and three stocking a heavier character. (I believe he even got tipped at 80something percent and managed to DI/MC hard enough to not even leave the stage, not FSmash tip granted) He may be easier to KO than Gimp (because hes not gimpable) but that doesn't mean hes easy to KO. Its easier to walk than fly, but thats because I wasn't born a bird.

swordgard

Smash Hero
No.

Actually your wrong, IDC is done by tilting the cstick over and over. EDC has a maximum time and is done by tilting your control stick up and down while pressing in the direction you want because every time you touch the ground the cape gets farther.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I wasn't aware that there was anything else to say about MK... Hasn't everyone just been repeating the same crap for the past 400+ pages?
Yes. =/
But that doesn't stop new people from coming in without reading the OP.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
In the same what WHOBO should have been the nail in the coffin for all anti-banners? One tournament didn't prove anything then and it doesn't now. No one on Pro-Ban side that i've seen is actually arguing that MK is Akuma level unbeatable. Hes just breaks alot of parts of the game (in my opinion).

Whats the difference between not saying its terrible and saying "it doesn't hold any weight"? You're still dismissing it out of hand. Sounds like semantics to me.

MK isn't just ungimpable by DDD, hes ungimpable period. We're not talking about one matchup, or one move, or one character or one trick. Its an universal thing which in my opinion breaks a vitally important part of the competitive game.

I misunderstood you then I thought you were referring to Brawl (which is what we are talking about here). Feel free to look at the video a few posts above yours of MK surviving to 100+ % and three stocking a heavier character. (I believe he even got tipped at 80something percent and managed to DI/MC hard enough to not even leave the stage, not FSmash tip granted) He may be easier to KO than Gimp (because hes not gimpable) but that doesn't mean hes easy to KO. Its easier to walk than fly, but thats because I wasn't born a bird.
I dont think you understand why genesis is so much more significant then whobo.
You are trying to ban a character. genesis disproves that metaknight is even too good. It shows that snake can compete on a even ground with metaknight at the highest level of play. that didnt take place at whobo. You are trying to ban a character. Naturally more evidence and showings/examples is needed to prove his "brokeness" while one good showing/example by the anti ban can debunk your entire findings. Its not equal and its not supossed to be. You are removing a piece of the game.
The anti ban isnt arguing semantics ether. There is no your evidence is terrible. You simply do not have enough evidence. If you are trying to argue the quality side pro ban isnt telling anything to anti ban that they didnt already know.
I will say it again. complaining because of a way a chartacter dies holds no weight. Thats basically "i cant gimp him". You can kill him, you can win. So what. Also in that part you using IMO again.
Your opinion=/= standards to ban a character

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
mm...

look at all the trolls/mk mains who think that they have a valid argument

logic says that mk SHOULD be banned, and all of it is in the OP...
What logic lmao... Please tell me.

Do you even play fighters?

GTFO

*is imitating pro*

EDIT: wtf i put in anti

BBQTV

Smash Master
Yes. =/
But that doesn't stop new people from coming in without reading the OP.
Those of us involved in writing these arguments wish to express our thanks to everyone who reads them fully before voting. We put a lot of work into it and appreciate your time reading.

Thank you! ^_^

I'd like to add two other things.
The first is a discussion of Genesis results

The results were

1. Snake
2. MK
3. MK
4. MK

The key pro ban argument here is that this is exactly the overcentralization we talked about. Ally is the only one capable of beating the top MK players, and look at the results. Is 1. Snake 2. MK 3. MK 4. MK a healthy metagame? Certainly not, and Snake is in a much tougher position when MK isn't eliminating all of his counters.

The next pro ban argument here is really simply the elimination of the anti ban argument. It's been noted by many that there is a very regional issue going on- SoCal has a severe Metaknight problem, while the East Coast has virtually none. Many anti bans (primarily Inui) argued that East Coast has a better anti-MK metagame, and that many "metaknight slayers" including Atomsk, ADHD, CO18, and others.

Amusingly, the end result was the exact opposite. Ironically, the West Coast Metaknights only lost to other West Coast players, the majority of them Metaknight dittos or DEHF/SK92.

Fiction listed quite a few in his post, below:

Further, a massive issue arose near the end of the singles bracket, when Dojo abused Metaknight's ability to stall to air camp and ledge camp without hitting 50 edgegrabs and beat DEHF by running the timer out. (He hit 34 edgegrabs) This further demonstrated just how ridiculous Metaknight is, and anti-Metaknight sentiments were running high among the crowd.

Almost everything that happened in this tournament supported the pro ban argument, right up until grand finals. People have been overlooking all of the events due to the big (SNAKE) at the top of the bracket. But honestly, all of the pro ban members who were in attendance at Genesis felt their position was strengthened when they left the tournament.

The second is ChiboSempai's discussion of the anti ban argument, copied and pasted below.

My take on the Anti-Ban essay

Argument 1: MetaKnight is not broken

You (referring to Anti-Ban side collectively) mention that MetaKnight does not have the ability to bypass hit stun, DI, KOs, free movement, or other concepts familiar to smash game play while being bound by the rules - however MetaKnight does indeed have options to do so. A popular tactic for MetaKnight is the Infinite Dimensional Cape. This tactic, which makes MetaKnight both invincible and invisible (obviously making it so he is not effected by the normal aspects of the game) was promptly banned, but it has proven to not be enough. There has been video evidence of players using even just a little bit of IDC to escape certain situations, enough to where it would be tough to call out at the time of the match, but enough to make a judgement based on a video review. Despite the tactic being banned, players (including Mew2King) have managed to slip by with using it without any repercussion. Even if it is brought up that IDC is banned, there is the recently discovered EDC, which has different properties of the IDC, but is not bannable under the same criteria. It does however make MetaKnight both invisible and invulnerable for times he shouldn't be.

Argument 2: Metaknight does not dominate the metagame

You mention that Ally has defeated Mew2King to get first twice this season compared to Mew2King doing the same to him only once. While what you said is technically true, you are hiding a good amount of information that I hope people won't neglect to realize. The term season alone is a complete opinion in this situation. I seriously am not sure what you mean. In state power rankings in the regional zones, a season is determined by a ranking period generally, which does not apply here. In the case of the current weather-related season we are in - Summer - this is also not the case as the first day of Summer was June 21st, 2009.

(all x-x accounts are defined as Ally-M2k)
If you define season as Summer
Ally lost to Mew2King in Winners Finals at Genesis: 0-1 set count
Ally beat Mew2King in two sets in Grand Finals at Genesis: 2-1 set count; 1-0 tournament win
Mew2King beat Ally in Grand Finals at Evo 2k9: 2-2 set count; 1-1 tournament win

Obviously Summer isn't the season that was used, since neither set count, nor tournament wins match up to your 2-1 claim.

If you define season as starting before Apex
Ally beat Mew2King in Grand Finals at Apex: 1-0 set count; 1-0 tournament win
Ally lost to Mew2King in Winners Finals at Genesis: 1-1 set count
Ally beat Mew2King in two sets in Grand Finals at Genesis: 3-1 set count; 2-0 tournament win
Mew2King beat Ally in Grand Finals at Evo 2k9: 3-2 set count; 2-1 tournament win

This is what seems to be what you used in your analysis, with Ally winning two tournaments to M2k's one (when both were present) starting at Apex. It is quite ridiculous to define this time as "this season." There is no defined season starter in this situation, and it was simply used to cover up information. This is also without mentioning that the percent ratio Mew2King has on Ally is better in his set count than it is with his tournament count.

Players generally include CoT4 results in the whole Mew2King versus Ally debate, which when adding onto the last count with Apex in the mix:
Mew2king beat Ally in two sets in Winners and Grand Finals at CoT4: 3-4 set count; 2-2 tournament win

This places Mew2King above Ally in this respect. If you wish to go even further to Cataclysm 4, Mew2King and Ally's first meeting in a tournament, Mew2King beat Ally in winners finals and won the tournament with Ally taking home third place.

Argument #3: The game is still growing and evolving

Many compare this to the beginning of Melee, where players complained about Sheik and that this is a new game, we don't know as much. Times just aren't the same anymore. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been a heavy target by homebrew developers, hacking the game to it's fullest. There are now versions such as Brawl-E, EXBrawl, and S-Brawl which have modified the game, but most importantly - Brawl+. Whether you favor it or not, you still have to appreciate what this project has given the community. The makers of Brawl+ have statistical information (with actual numbers and hard data to back it) of knockback, knockback gain, damage, and hitboxes of every single attack in the game, along with all data about characters such as frame data, weight, gravity, and much more. I'm willing to wager that we know more about this game at this point in time (approx 16 months after release) than any other fighting game ever created after 16 months of being released.

Even with players jumping on the bandwagon to be the best character, it has also had everyone who is not an MK main specifically look for tactics in their character to counter MetaKnight. Many players complain that even if they are MetaKnight, it's annoying as MetaKnight is one of the most known matchups for every other character in the game - however even with the combined knowledge of everyone, it is still debatable that MetaKnight does not have a single matchup he loses.

Argument #4: Implying that Metaknight breaks the counterpick system also implies that Brawl is a game based on counterpicking

The counterpicking system in Smash is very important and a staple to the game's success. It is essentially a tournament rule, no different than what stages are banned, if "planking" is banned, if stalling is banned, if IDC is banned, or if we have 3 stocks instead of 10. If you wish to discredit the counterpicking system, then you might as well also discredit banning IDC (a player-created rule), which if legal, would make MetaKnight a guaranteed make MetaKnight bannable.

You really can't compare Brawl and Smash 64 in the way that you did. A best character is a best character - agreed. Even when MetaKnight is banned, there will be a new best character. The difference between the games is that Brawl is an overly-defensive game in which characters trade hits, the player in control isn't always the defensive one. In Smash 64 however, just about ever character has some form of a 0-death combo, and with the insane amount of hitstun, shieldstun, and the Z-canceling of any aerial to eliminate all aerial lag, Smash 64 rewards on being offensive. Getting a single hit in on Pikachu isn't hard. It isn't hard getting a hit on MetaKnight either. The difference being that a single hit on Pikachu in Smash 64 can literally mean death for that character, which certainly is not the case in Brawl. A MetaKnight can make any number of mistakes in Brawl and still walk away with a safe win. Isai's quote ("Don't get hit") doesn't hold any weight in Brawl, for in Brawl "It's ok if you get hit."

Argument #5: Metaknight’s extraneous circumstances are already resolved

Everything here is essentially void. You bring up the use of player-created rules to keep MetaKnight in-line which you discredit in your 4th argument, which whether or not I agree with, is contradictory to your own essay. This is also without mentioning that the anti-planking rule is really based on

Overall
good luck with that man this person can talk. read the top.

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
I dont think you understand why genesis is so much more significant then whobo.
You are trying to ban a character. genesis disproves that metaknight is even too good. It shows that snake can compete on a even ground with metaknight at the highest level of play. that didnt take place at whobo. You are trying to ban a character. Naturally more evidence and showings/examples is needed to prove his "brokeness" while one good showing/example by the anti ban can debunk your entire findings. Its not equal and its not supossed to be. You are removing a piece of the game.
The anti ban isnt arguing semantics ether. There is no your evidence is terrible. You simply do not have enough evidence. If you are trying to argue the quality side pro ban isnt telling anything to anti ban that they didnt already know.
I will say it again complaining because of a way a chartacter dies holds no weight. Thats basically "i cant gimp him". You can kill him, you can win. So what. Also in that part you using IMO again.
Your opinion=/= standards to ban a character

I'm pretty sure I do. WHOBO it was said at the time didn't have the best "non MK players" at it, and genesis supposedly was a completely fair tournament full of the best of the best from everwhere. That about sum it up?

It shows that Ally's Snake can beat M2K's MK. However isn't the record between these two players overall still something like 4/4 or 4/3 or something?

EDIT: Stealing from the requote of ChiboSempai above.

Argument 2: Metaknight does not dominate the metagame

You mention that Ally has defeated Mew2King to get first twice this season compared to Mew2King doing the same to him only once. While what you said is technically true, you are hiding a good amount of information that I hope people won't neglect to realize. The term season alone is a complete opinion in this situation. I seriously am not sure what you mean. In state power rankings in the regional zones, a season is determined by a ranking period generally, which does not apply here. In the case of the current weather-related season we are in - Summer - this is also not the case as the first day of Summer was June 21st, 2009.

(all x-x accounts are defined as Ally-M2k)
If you define season as Summer
Ally lost to Mew2King in Winners Finals at Genesis: 0-1 set count
Ally beat Mew2King in two sets in Grand Finals at Genesis: 2-1 set count; 1-0 tournament win
Mew2King beat Ally in Grand Finals at Evo 2k9: 2-2 set count; 1-1 tournament win

Obviously Summer isn't the season that was used, since neither set count, nor tournament wins match up to your 2-1 claim.

If you define season as starting before Apex
Ally beat Mew2King in Grand Finals at Apex: 1-0 set count; 1-0 tournament win
Ally lost to Mew2King in Winners Finals at Genesis: 1-1 set count
Ally beat Mew2King in two sets in Grand Finals at Genesis: 3-1 set count; 2-0 tournament win
Mew2King beat Ally in Grand Finals at Evo 2k9: 3-2 set count; 2-1 tournament win

This is what seems to be what you used in your analysis, with Ally winning two tournaments to M2k's one (when both were present) starting at Apex. It is quite ridiculous to define this time as "this season." There is no defined season starter in this situation, and it was simply used to cover up information. This is also without mentioning that the percent ratio Mew2King has on Ally is better in his set count than it is with his tournament count.

Players generally include CoT4 results in the whole Mew2King versus Ally debate, which when adding onto the last count with Apex in the mix:
Mew2king beat Ally in two sets in Winners and Grand Finals at CoT4: 3-4 set count; 2-2 tournament win

This places Mew2King above Ally in this respect. If you wish to go even further to Cataclysm 4, Mew2King and Ally's first meeting in a tournament, Mew2King beat Ally in winners finals and won the tournament with Ally taking home third place.
EDIT: And by the way, even if Ally can beat M2K and 2 other MK's to take home the championship one player and a herd of MK's does not a community make. The fact that MK took the next three slots below that one, walking, talking, statistical anomaly that is Ally speaks volumes more to me than Ally taking first.

Naturally. However ONE example isn't enough to completely blow Pro-Ban out of the water. In the same way if you said Ganon was the worst character and I showed you ONE match where he won it wouldn't prove you wrong. Luck/Flukes/Wierd stuff happens.

Which is why you either have to test one variable at a time (impossible for us) or use multiple different tests and draw your conclusions from their results as a whole.

I don't have enough evidence according to whom? What arbitrary evidence quota am I supposed to meet before anti-ban comes around? Most of the people on both sides of this argument wouldn't come around regardless of evidence. The only real point in arguing is convincing the few reasonable people and undecideds. I don't expect you to switch sides because as I've highlighted every time you've posted, you just dismiss everything the other side has to say out of hand.

Why doesn't it hold weight? The game is based on Ring Outs, a character who has immunity to low % ring outs has an advantage no other character has and breaks that part of the game. Why is that something I can't point to as broken? Because you say so? Dismissing it out of hand and saying "no you can't say that" doesn't mean anything.

I never said my opinion and my standards are, or should be, the universal standard used by everyone. In my first post, right at the top where you couldn't miss it I stated it was my personal reasonings for voting pro-ban. Thats all my posts are or can be, my opinions.

Which brings us back to your insistance that I present my opinions as facts. No, i'm not going to. Opinion's are not facts. Your's are not, mine are not. You can choose to present yours as facts and then get bent out of shape when I point why IMO you are wrong but I'm not going to make the same error just because you want me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom