• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
This thread is officially for opinions and making your post count higher.

Discuss.

No really, though, MK ban isn't worth it.

Otherwise...I'M GONNA RAGEQUIT AND BE BUTTHURT.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Don't listen to ShinoBee about making your post count higher.
Or suffer my wrath.

:mad:
What if I told you every amazing post I've made in this thread was for the lulz?

THEN WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

But seriously, isn't every thread just another +1 post count one, aside from the blogs of course. This one just happens to be a very angry +1 post count. =/

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
:(

Okay.

Yet I really wanna make a Skies of Arcadia/Valkyria Chronicles reference SO bad...gah. D:

Alright, but to stay on topic, don't ban MK. Not worth it, especially if you only want it for "tournament diversity" *cough cough just wanna win even though you won't cough cough* or think he's too hard to beat.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i just want to go over some things

games outside of smash-they are totally different smash is unlike any other fighting game using statistics from other games wont really help us that much
previous smash games-
64-pika was the best but this was when every character had a 0-death on basicly everyone in the game
melee-marth fox falco and sheik it was more balanced so no one character could be banned
the cp system-meta totally breaks bolth of them with no disadvantages in stages or matchups all he has to do is ban his worst stage against his opponent and hes alreaddy got at least a 60-40
banning- is he bannable most definately yes hes the only character in smash history that has been considered for a ban and really think about it if hes being considered for a ban shouldnt he probably be banned?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey...yeah...this isn't a SF thread. :)
why do people care about SF.

last time i checked this thread was 'fourth and final community vote about metaknight', not 'defining broken characters across vastly different types of fighting games'
Can these be bumped to the front page, please? :laugh:

Master Raven

Smash Master
*looks at HOBO 17 results*

1st Razer(SNAKE) $550
2nd Gnes(DIDDY) $250
3rd Dojo(DIDDY/KIRBY) $100
4th Fliphop(DIDDY) $50
5th Lee M(LUCARIO) $25
5th MikeHaze (MARTH) $25
7th UTD Zac(G&W)
7th Bwett (YOSHI/D3/DIDDY)

BAN DIDDY!!11

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Diddy breaks Brawl, he should be banned.

So now Diddy is the go-to character? Why not a less technical one?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That sure was some diversity. *rolls eyes*

Although that's the first time I've heard of Gnes.... I've seen all the others. <_<

EDIT:
@fatman
pretty sure Dojo went mostly Diddy? I only watched the last bit when he was facing gnes and went Kirby, probably to avoid the ditto.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Although this has been stated so many times before, it's just too much effort to keep MK a legitimate character from a competitive standpoint. We have to ban all these things just to make sure he won't win every game. The game won't be less fun because MK is banned, and the domino theory is not going to take effect. Snake isn't going to get banned just because he would be the new #1 on the tier list or the most played character in tournament play. Unlike MK, he has counters, and no matter what people say, Snake is not a legitimate counter to MK, and Wario is if you play insanely campy. It's too much effort to keep him in and I personally don't see the point in keeping him when we all still bicker about him a year after the games release. The game has developed, yes, but we all thought we were going to make the MK matchup easier, and we really didn't.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That sure was some diversity. *rolls eyes*

Although that's the first time I've heard of Gnes.... I've seen all the others. <_<

EDIT:
@fatman
pretty sure Dojo went mostly Diddy? I only watched the last bit when he was facing gnes and went Kirby, probably to avoid the ditto.
Better than 4 Metaknights, two Snakes, and a lone Wario/King Dedede/Mr. Game and Watch, wouldn't you agree?

Also, yeah, I saw the matches where he did that. At least he tried to use him instead of thinking "Oh NoEs, HeRe CoMEs MeTaKnIGhT" as a potential counterpick. ($20 to whoever gets the reference)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The Yoshi and Lucario are impressive. But it's only one tourney.

Also I said it in the chat, Diddy is probably the real #2 in the game, so it's expected he would do well. Kicker is, if you throw one great peach into the mix suddenly things are more interesting. Neat, huh?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, I'm biased, but I can see Diddy being #2.

The only thing is that an opponent who knows how to use bananas well can give Diddy major trouble, and that could end up being an issue.

SuSa

Diddy is not #2, but def. better then Falco at least IMO. Mayybbeee Wario...

Diddy will not overtake Snake however.... you can call that bias but if you are relying on your opponents "not knowing how to use bananas" then that already shows something....

If your opponent knows how to use your bananas, your in for a rough time.

/loves to do Ganon vs Diddy MM's. YUM YUM 41% FOR FREEEE?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Yoshi and Lucario are impressive. But it's only one tourney.

Also I said it in the chat, Diddy is probably the real #2 in the game, so it's expected he would do well. Kicker is, if you throw one great peach into the mix suddenly things are more interesting. Neat, huh?
Exactly. Because Peach has been "starved" because of Metaknight's reign, she really hasn't been able to develop despite it being widely agreed that she is Diddy's worst match up. Very neat indeed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Diddy ***** or gets *****. No in-between. >_>

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Diddy is not #2, but def. better then Falco at least IMO. Mayybbeee Wario...

Diddy will not overtake Snake however.... you can call that bias but if you are relying on your opponents "not knowing how to use bananas" then that already shows something....

If your opponent knows how to use your bananas, your in for a rough time.

/loves to do Ganon vs Diddy MM's. YUM YUM 41% FOR FREEEE?
Well, the plan is that Diddy's will always know how to use bananas better than their opponent. There aren't many characters that can use them as well as Diddy anyway, though.

Exactly. Because Peach has been "starved" because of Metaknight's reign, she really hasn't been able to develop despite it being widely agreed that she is Diddy's worst match up. Very neat indeed.
I say Luigi. I'm biased, though.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I heard that Dojo used MK on Razer because he asked him too.

SuSa

Well, the plan is that Diddy's will always know how to use bananas better than their opponent. There aren't many characters that can use them as well as Diddy anyway, though.
Except that will def. not be the case if Diddy gets any better.

Snake gets to abuse them with dthrow (limits your roll if we do it right), as well as getting free ftilts/utilts in.

Ganon gets a great 41% combo that can lead to death.

Marth has a glide toss > tipper fsmash, as well as glide toss > shield breaker if you decide to shield the banana. ;) have fun with a broken shield....

Most everyone has throw/glide toss/dacit > move for damage/KO'ing (Marth's I felt was speshul due to shieldbreaker. lmao)

some others (Sheik <3) have single banana locks on you....

We can't use them as well but we can still use them.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Hey my fellow Norcalians, why don't you guys post the Oh Good Read! results, since MK was banned also? I'd love to see the results of that. But yes, I am a Norcalian against the ban. Yeah, I'm the little individual that decided think for herself and finally rebel against the cool kids. ;)

MK shouldn't be banned. He's just a puffball. Just step it up with your game. Why should diversity matter? There will always be a dominating character (unless of course you do want to refer to that one Tekken case of diverse characters making it to finals).

MK isn't impossible to beat either. He's not a Subspace Boss. And he's not an easter egg/bonus character *cough Soul Calibur cough*.

And if you really wanna bicker, have a little fit, and then make a whole wall of text about it, then go ahead, since I had that stuff pulled on me at AiB.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Except that will def. not be the case if Diddy gets any better.

Snake gets to abuse them with dthrow (limits your roll if we do it right), as well as getting free ftilts/utilts in.

Ganon gets a great 41% combo that can lead to death.

Marth has a glide toss > tipper fsmash, as well as glide toss > shield breaker if you decide to shield the banana. ;) have fun with a broken shield....

Most everyone has throw/glide toss/dacit > move for damage/KO'ing (Marth's I felt was speshul due to shieldbreaker. lmao)

some others (Sheik <3) have single banana locks on you....

We can't use them as well but we can still use them.
Like I said, the plan is to always be better than our opponents with bananas. If you do get a banana and throw it at us, ideally we would instant-throw it back. If in the metagame everyone is super-good with bananas, it will become instant-throwing them back and forth, haha. The difference is that Diddy is in control of when and where there are bananas.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I say Luigi. I'm biased, though.
And there you go, a metagame that's actually developing with more characters involved. As already said, Luigi and Peach are very underplayed right at the moment so, yes, Diddy may run away with things if people get lazy despite the counterpicks actually being out there and well known. If anything, it will be a test of the community's salt to see how things develop.

SuSa

Like I said, the plan is to always be better than our opponents with bananas. If you do get a banana and throw it at us, ideally we would instant-throw it back. If in the metagame everyone is super-good with bananas, it will become instant-throwing them back and forth, haha. The difference is that Diddy is in control of when and where there are bananas.
And without bananas, he immediately gets ****ed in some matchups.

Also airdodge-cancel throwing bananas back at a Diddy who decided to airdodge-cancel throw it at me is always fun.

~Snake

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
And without bananas, he immediately gets ****ed in some matchups.

Also airdodge-cancel throwing bananas back at a Diddy who decided to airdodge-cancel throw it at me is always fun.

~Snake
Yes, bananas are good :p
Just be careful about when and where you pull them.

Yup, instant-throwing can cause some serious lulz.

SuSa

You mean the oh-so-amazing plan of "don't actually get hit by them" ? (which btw is so insanely hard for some reason....)

Also many characters are capable of keeping a banana in hand while still being able to do offence. (ZAC anyone?)

Also, Snake is able to set traps all around a banana and it has led to the death of many-a-Diddy. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom