• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sorry, I forget that I use TL and I spend most of my time doing aerials + airdodge to zairs, so my character might have an easier time than others.

And sasuke.. I do love that zair to JC throw

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Diddy Kong could easily be better than Snake. Guess which player who is widely considered to be the best player in the world agrees with me?
It's a lot easier to take away Diddy's trump card then it is to take away Snake's.

I don't really care who agrees with you. If a Diddy can find a way to have his opponents not know how to abuse bananas, then I'd agree. But I've seen Diddy's lose entire stocks due to losing control of a banana or two.

Diddy is completely reliant on momentum, as said earlier it is "**** or get *****" with very little in between.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Disagree all you want, but laughing at me for it is a little silly, lol. It's actually pretty common opinion in the northeast from what I've heard.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, obviously Plank.
Your both wrong.

It's Random Ike Guy.

Also glad to see Snake still dominating in a MK banned tourney, just go to show that tiers do separate the good characters from the not so good and/or bad, like it should be.

Why MK, why must your legalty be in question when it's just a natural process?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh, it's not exactly fair to say he "dominated." Razer had a few very close matches as anyone who was watching on the live stream can tell you.

Also, it isn't necessarily about who wins in the end, it's more about the top placings overall. I don't think anyone expects Snake to suddenly stop placing if you ban MK, that's ridiculous.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Isn't Candy from FL... with Afro? Last I checked FL isn't... north.

EDIT:
Or am I so tired I'm really ****ing up where candy is from. <-- probably this.. I get Candy and Afro mixed up 24/7
lmfao if you ever saw them in person, you wouldn't get them mixed up haha

Candy is from MD/VA, Afro is FL lol

Anyways, Diddy, Olimar, ROB, and Falco are annoying as hell, and MK takes them out for me, which is why I voted anti-ban =)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've seen pictures of neither. :p I just mix them up because I hear their names a lot. XD

I just know Candy was the one I had a huge misunderstanding with.

And Afro corrects me on DDD/Snake things along with shares minute details.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Thanks, because I really can't ever remember. :p

Ok, so one dominating Snake? How many Diddy's do they have? :laugh: I can only think of like... 2 WC Diddy's.... so they may suffer from lack of Snake but I could be suffering from lack of Diddy....
Off the top of my head, ADHD is in the North East, unless you're asking who is in VA/MD. I don't know for sure the answer to that one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
lmfao if you ever saw them in person, you wouldn't get them mixed up haha

Candy is from MD/VA, Afro is FL lol

Anyways, Diddy, Olimar, ROB, and Falco are annoying as hell, and MK takes them out for me, which is why I voted anti-ban =)
Well, I don't blame you considering your character (assuming you main Yoshi by your avatar next to your name) would definately be the hardest hit from Metaknight being banned. You know, come to think of it, why does Bwett support the ban then?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
WTF this is so off-topic atm XD

I just have to say that the MK-banned Hobo results are simple the opposite of what most people think would happen with MK banned. They say: "More Snakes and Marths" but NO there were too many toasters... ehh diddys x)

I liked the grand final a lot, especially the match on Luigis Mansion, too good the rocket barrel kamikaze spam xD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
WTF this is so off-topic atm XD

I just have to say that the MK-banned Hobo results are simple the opposite of what most people think would happen with MK banned. They say: "More Snakes and Marths" but NO there were too many toasters... ehh diddys x)

I liked the grand final a lot, especially the match on Luigis Mansion, too good the rocket barrel kamikaze spam xD
How can you come to the conclusion that they were wrong?

Texas has more good Diddys than they do Snakes. And OoSers placed, like Lee Martin and mikeHAZE with Lucario and Marth respectively.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
How can you come to the conclusion that they were wrong?

Texas has more good Diddys than they do Snakes. And OoSers placed, like Lee Martin and mikeHAZE with Lucario and Marth respectively.
Yeah if this is true and the reason for that, then I take back everything I said :p

Hobo had the MK problem iirc and now they seem to have a Diddy problem haha.

There should be more MK banned tourney anyway ~~~

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hammers (IRL ones) are breaking brawl, we need to dispose of any of them that are existent.

Sorry, I couldn't anymore creative and at least tried to keep it somewhat tied to the topic, Spadefox is right when anybody who says that we ban a character just because we see too much of him.

If you want variety, go to an ice cream shop or something.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Diddy is overcentralizing the MK-banned metagame.

5 Diddys in HOBO's Top 8.

This calls for a ban.
1. One tournament
2. Diddy has counters, but none of them were present. His strongest counter only has one bad match-up and without him is tourney viable. Can you guess what bad match-up is?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Diddy is overcentralizing the MK-banned metagame.

5 Diddys in HOBO's Top 8.

This calls for a ban.
Actually, there was four, with Bwett using Diddy in only one match, supposedly, so technically three.

Also, nice try but Diddy has legitimate counters in the form of Peach and Luigi, characters who get annihilated by Metaknight and have had slow developing meta-games because of it. Anyways, it just adds another tournament to the pile that shows that Metaknight free tournaments show more diversity in comparison.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Mhm, Ice cream... Reppin' that God tier Vanilla... just like regular Barlw.

...Yeah, if you know me well enough, you know that on a scale of 1-10, I like Brawl+ like... bleh forget it can't even rate how much I despise it but still play it anyway only because it's an okay side thing to do and others play it too I guess.

Also isn't Diddy tourney in/viable even with MK present? I mean whatever holds true, Diddy has some pretty evenish/disadvantaged MUs, some of them in the place you'd least expect (from what I see/hear, Mid-tier with Luigi.)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Actually, there was four, with Bwett using Diddy in only one match, supposedly, so technically three.
Lee Martin used Meta Knight in one single match at WHOBO, too, and still got marked as Meta Knight in the Top 8.
If you do it for Meta Knight, do it for Diddy, too.

Also, nice try but Diddy has legitimate counters in the form of Peach and Luigi, characters who get annihilated by Metaknight and have had slow developing meta-games because of it. Anyways, it just adds another tournament to the pile that shows that Metaknight free tournaments show more diversity in comparison.
I disagree here.
There's 5 Diddys in this tournament's Top 8. That's not much diversity if you ask me.

I also disagree on the matchups, but that's subjective.

Point being? IT was the same thing there. Not a single good Peach there. I mean, who bothers playing Peach anyway, they just get wrecked by MK lololololo
She's getting wrecked by Meta Knight in a Meta Knight-banned tournament...?
Logic?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
She's getting wrecked by Meta Knight in a Meta Knight-banned tournament...?
Logic?
I just meant in general that no one really bothers to learn Peach because she's owned by the game's most dominant character, even though without MK, the game would benefit from Peach being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom