• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Why didnt you just say that instead of asking about virtua fighter.
You make no sense. to be honest. Honesty speaking in loops, riddles, pick your choice.
You sounded stupid. Plus you were generalizing
You know what, as I said, don't ****ing bother then. I hope you're just some silly ol' troll.

I will state this again to you also: Learn to TYPE. :)

But whatever. I shouldn't bother with you anymore, since you cannot comprehend my "stupid".

Tien2500

Smash Lord
There are other ways to word "fun" when it comes to how MK screws up this game.

Instead of saying that MK makes the game "less fun", I could say that he takes away from so many staples of traditional Smash that it's really an entirely new game- a game that can't thrive in competitive play because of how boring and campy it is. That is the reason planking was banned. It's a legit argument.
Some people may find it fun that way... especially MK players...

This. To this end, I have never seen ONE shred of information that can even come close to outweighing the pro-ban argument. Just go look at both on the first page-the pro-ban compiles facts, examples, and vidoes, while the anti-ban says "nuh-uh" to the entire argument. I can't even believe the percentage of the vote right now. It's a disgrace.

And attitudes like this is why this community and especially the SBR is more or less a joke. Combine this with what I said above, and it feels like this is FOX news, with a disturbing amount of the community being easily manipulated. Even if SBR des keep him legal, states like this and Texas, LA, and other will simply keep him banned. Brains still exist in some parts of this America of ours.
The proban sides argument was signifcantly better but this isn't the only factor most people take into consideration. If it was a debate proban won hands down but its not.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
You know what, as I said, don't ****ing bother then. I hope you're just some silly ol' troll.

But whatever. I shouldn't bother with you anymore, since you cannot comprehend my "stupid".
I answered you question a while back.. you just didnt read lol.
Also talking about typos? wow worry about yourself. Its still easily comprehended.
LEARN TO READ. OR DONT ASK THE ****ING QUESTION

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Let's turn this into a social thread for just +1 posts.

Seriously, just stay on topic or don't post.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
The proban sides argument was signifcantly better but this isn't the only factor most people take into consideration. If it was a debate proban won hands down but its not.

Which is the problem-people are dumb. Nothing should matter but the arguments, which covers every single base on why he's bannable. When people vote based on other random reasons, it's how communities and games get ruined.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
BULL****!!! Bobby goes even with Hank at Strickland North and Soft counters him at Tom Landry. Peggy is even on most neutrals. Plus he gets ***** by Buck. Hank isn't banworthy.
But his Propane Frenzy attack is so hard to punish and he can easily use it to stall the match by making approaching near impossible.

And he has an array of power tools that make his recovery godly. Such as "drill rush" which can even be canceled off a ledge into one of his high priority fishing moves.

God, it's a good thing final smashes are banned or he'd be even gayer, I tell you whot.

Ban him.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i

What are you really saying? CARL Without his loops is ****ty
I play virtua fighter dude.. Akira main lol And no its completely obvious that one frame knee to double jab to byakko doublepalm is WAY more complicated then anything you get in smash.
Yes there are other fighting games besides those 2 but we use them cause they are easy to name off. I tell people off if they have miscontrued ideas of what a fighting games/ the reality of what competition is...

But what are you asking from this post
Get *****. Learn to read. Honestly if you cant read this as a response to your loop/riddle/question. Then you are a idiot.
No really..... **** you for getting mad for no reason.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why do people who don't know how to correctly say "You're an idiot" call people idiots? That's just ridiculous.

Stop pissing each other off over a video game.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
For the record, Sagat does not have an easy learning curve. He just seems easy because the people who play Sagat have been playing Sagat since forever, and for the most part, he has maintained the same basic strategy.

Carry on.

I agree with the man who has Knuckles as his avatar. If you know how to throw a Hadoken, you already know the basis of playing Sagat. It's just learning what advantages you have on the other opponent. In his case would be range, power and an interchangeable height with a projectile.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and let's not forget this incident:

I think I just came to an amazing conclusion. Hank is Meta Knight.

Discuss.

Abbra Cadav3r

Smash Cadet
i really think its to early to ban a fighter, the game hasnt even been out 2 years meaning the tier lists are flawed. Ive been playing fighters competitively for over a decade, trust me on this one.... the tier lists do not mean anything at this point.

Im not saying MK is going to end up in gannondorfs place, but I can guarantee alot of his matchups will have very different scores. If MK were temp banned this would hamper this alot because your cutting out that amount of time for players to play matches against MK and advance the matchup charts.

This iteration of smash in particular seems to have a large number of techs and tricks, and im sure there not all figured out yet.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Obviously a lot of people disagree :p

Bear blasting > hump catting by a significant margin.
/debate
Grundle

i really think its to early to ban a fighter, the game hasnt even been out 2 years meaning the tier lists are flawed. Ive been playing fighters competitively for over a decade, trust me on this one.... the tier lists do not mean anything at this point.

Im not saying MK is going to end up in gannondorfs place, but I can guarantee alot of his matchups will have very different scores. If MK were temp banned this would hamper this alot because your cutting out that amount of time for players to play matches against MK and advance the matchup charts.

This iteration of smash in particular seems to have a large number of techs and tricks, and im sure there not all figured out yet.
Almost every useful AT has been discovered already.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tier lists are always imperfect. They just get "less" imperfect as time passes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In Smash 64, Pikachu was stated as being the best character having no counterpicks in regards to characters and stages.

this statment is not true
Right, because you could also 0-death people in Smash 64. It was the same in Melee too. Fox didn't have any true counters either but there were strategies that definately made things better and he didn't leave Falco, Marth, and Shiek completely in the dust like Metaknight does to everyone except Snake. Why? Because Melee had more options. In Brawl, many match ups are decided by simple strategies.

Also, something that has baffled me for awhile, why do a decent number of people who don't support Metaknight being banned support King Dedede's infinite on Mario, Bowser, Samus, DK, and Luigi getting banned? You can counterpick against that. What confuses me even more is how they say the 10 people who can infinite Wario are perfectly fine as well as the Ice Climbers infinites. "Don't get grabbed." "A good Wario never gets grabbed." "Get better." The last one is overwelmingly ironic because this is never said to Donkey Kong players in regard to King Dedede's infinite. It's odd really... The Anti-ban Metaknight side accuses the Pro-ban side of babying the community when many of them do the same for one character who would probably be viable if it weren't for the infinite. Now, this is where it starts to become so confusing that's it's nearly impossible to think about it without saying "Wait... what?" outloud when reading the statement. On the Anti-ban side, a decision to make only one more character viable is more popular than a decision that would make more than half of the high tier reasonably viable... Did you fall out of your chair reading that? I just about did and is one of the reasons why the Brawl community baffles me at times.

Abbra Cadav3r

Smash Cadet
I agree with the man who has Knuckles as his avatar. If you know how to throw a Hadoken, you already know the basis of playing Sagat. It's just learning what advantages you have on the other opponent. In his case would be range, power and an interchangeable height with a projectile.
lmao :psycho: , you gotta be kidding right. projectiles are the weakest they have ever been in SF4, in SF2 this could almost be an argument because of fireball traps but still. If your gonna post on here do yourself a favor and dont rag on the SF community, because it seems pretty ridiculous. every character has a way around sagats fireballs, its all about timing or having ex meter. I dont wanna sound rude here but if thats your idea of what SF is about, then you have clearly never played it at any level other then laughing while you and your kid brother throw hadokens at each other.

to stay on track with this debate though: keep MK so he continues to polarize everyone.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90

Yeah, and another reason it's hard to figure these matchups for him out is because no one is brave enough to run through a huge tourney without using their actual main. I believe some info comprised from tourneys, regarding character usage and placing is false, because not enough players stick to their mains.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
a =/= an

Pay attention rather then trying to defend yourself and Googling the difference.
And I wasn't "checking" for anything, it was a mistake I noticed because it's a mistake a lot of people make.

I just called you out on it because you're calling someone else and idiot when you really shouldn't be throwing words like that out there in the first place.

@ Masmasher@, btw. (in case it wasn't obvious)

Abbra Cadav3r

Smash Cadet
isnt banning MK just gonna put snake on top again anyway, and then whichever character is his counterpick?

I have never picked up a character because of how good he was. I pick a character when a game comes out and i play him, in SF it was always Vega. And when sf4 came around i realized he was severely gimped ( Flying barcelona very unsafe, claws fall off and mask, most moves unsafe, and worst of all a very unsafe pressure game ) instead of giving up me and a few others in the sf community worked our ***** off to advance his game. Vega is still considered one of the worst in SF4 but we found alot of things to keep him competitive. when evo came we rocked vega even though the community dubbed him as " crap ".

what im trying to say is if the community would stop complaining about MK, rule sets, and what to ban, maybe a couple more characters would be competitive.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Let's turn this into a social thread for just +1 posts.

Seriously, just stay on topic or don't post.

Okay got it.

a =/= an

Pay attention rather then trying to defend yourself and Googling the difference.
And I wasn't "checking" for anything, it was a mistake I noticed because it's a mistake a lot of people make.

And I just called you out on it because you're calling someone else and idiot when you really shouldn't be throwing words like that out there in the first place.
WAIT WHAT!? Boooooo.

Abbra everything you have said has been mentioned already and yes possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom