• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Seems like you guys had fun, I am "anti-ban" but I would have to agree with you snake. Marth would a bit closer to winning, and possibly win more, but...oh well! :)

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
I just want to see him banned for the fun of it, not due to any validity I find in the choice. He's far from bannable, but I feel personally it'd shape up the game and cause an outroar in a manner you could coin as 'amusing.'
This also being my only reason to vote pro-ban. I don't really see any legitimacy in the pro-ban argument. As it has been said. It's just one big john.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Not gonna lie, but the ban drama seems to bring out the bad sides of a lot of people. I still haven't gotten satisfying answers, though it does tell me a lot. :laugh:

"Easy to name on top of their head."
"Shut up."
"Smash is not a regular fighting game."

FUNNY ENOUGH, you guys want Smash to be treated like a fighting game, yet refused for it to be compared to other fighting games that were in the ban/tier situation.
what were you asking:dizzy:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
ok i just came back from the norcal mk banned tourney, here's my thoughts:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29611

i dunno thats only 1 example

there was a loooot of snakes and when the results come up i think snakes will dominate the top but there needs to be more tournies before any sort of real analysis could be made
Unfortunately "fun" is subjective.

I would way rather play in a tournament with MKs than without. I can't stand playing Snakes/Marths. No thanks.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Smash games are not regular fighting games, but they ARE fighting games nonetheless.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Smash games are not regular fighting games, but they ARE fighting games nonetheless.
Yeah but its very different. Smash is the only game with such wildly different physics from character to character, with no lifebars or stamina, where stages make a large difference (maybe Soul Calibur a little?), to my knowledge the only game where items have any place (including bananas and such. Although Cody has knives in Alpha 3) and the only game with dynamically changing knockback and with combos changing based on remaining life. Although of course Melee shares some of these traits. In my opinion its too different to compare with something like Street Fighter.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, you seem to be using previously mentioned stupid noob arguments and making sense of them and making good points. good job :)
All in all, I'm just trying to make people understand what mid-level and high level is since I have experienced it completely and I try to always talk from my previous experience as I think experience does not lie.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Oh dear God yes. I'd buy that. Why did they have to cancel the show? :(
I thought they actually ordered a few more episodes and it might be on ABC later on? Anyways it was like 11 seasons anyway. Bout time.

TP

Smash Master
People need to stop saying fun is subjective. That's like saying all art is equal. It's not. Haven't you ever heard of a bell curve? Some things are more fun than other things, period. Fun is the reason I voted pro-ban. I don't think MK is broken.

Also, anti-ban uses the words "scrub" and "john" way too much. The other reason I voted pro-ban is so I wouldn't be affiliated with those *******es.

:034:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh dear God yes. I'd buy that. Why did they have to cancel the show? :(
I thought they actually ordered a few more episodes and it might be on ABC later on? Anyways it was like 11 seasons anyway. Bout time.
They have been airing "never before seen" episodes on Adult Swim Sunday nights.... They look new, and I've never seen them anywhere else before, so... yeah.... o:

Tien2500

Smash Lord
People need to stop saying fun is subjective. That's like saying all art is equal. It's not. Haven't you ever heard of a bell curve? Some things are more fun than other things, period. Fun is the reason I voted pro-ban. I don't think MK is broken.

Also, anti-ban uses the words "scrub" and "john" way too much. The other reason I voted pro-ban is so I wouldn't be affiliated with those *******es.

Fun is pretty subjective. Now we can all agree that certain things like getting stabbed in the eye are not fun (although some people do enjoy pain) but if you try to debate whether Halo or Smash is more fun or whether Smash is more fun with MK or without you're in subjective territory.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Mario Kart = Gran Turismo?

Tien2500

Smash Lord
They have been airing "never before seen" episodes on Adult Swim Sunday nights.... They look new, and I've never seen them anywhere else before, so... yeah.... o:
By "never before seen" I'm pretty sure they mean "never before seen... on Adult Swim". Pretty sure they're episodes that were on Fox a week or two prior.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

Looks up Paul McCarthy's "***** Hat." It's in the Modern Museum of Art. It's some high quality art. What is your opinion on it? Do you agree that it is a fantastic piece of art? I don't. I think it's hilarious, though (hey, it may even light up your day, or this debate). Great art doesn't go without criticism.

I have fun fighting MK. Fun is an opinion. To suggest otherwise is... wrong.

I don't have fun fighting Snake or Marth, however, who I would be seeing much more of if MK was banned.

EDIT: Oh, they censored the name of a piece of art. Great. Starts with a "P," ends in an "S." I highly recommend looking up this piece of art, it's fantastic.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Looks up Paul McCarthy's "***** Hat." It's in the Modern Museum of Art. It's some high quality art. What is your opinion on it? Do you agree that it is a fantastic piece of art? I don't. I think it's hilarious, though (hey, it may even light up your day, or this debate). Great art doesn't go without criticism.

I don't have fun fighting Snake or Marth, however, who I would be seeing much more of if MK was banned.
Quoted for emphasis.

5ive

Smash Champion
Ontario is a region full of scrubs. How dare you associate Ally with that region. That's like saying because a bunch of hicks from Montana banned Metaknight, then that somehow takes away from everything the top non-Meta mains from this country do .

[/B]
Ally is a Canadian at heart and will be going to school with Holy in September. We don't have to associate with him; he associates with us.

And wtf, Ontario (Toronto specifically) is far from being a hick society. It's a ****ing huge city for ****s sake. What a *****, ignorant stereo type. Is it even worth arguing with you? I may disagree with the Metaknight ban myself, but don't **** with a whole region.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
what were you asking:dizzy:
If anyone played other fighting games BESIDES Street Fighter and Soul Calibur lololol. I'm betting I will see: Blazblue, Tatsunoko, DoA, and Mahvel.

It's a **** shame to see the community become like this in such a short span of time.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Hank Hill breaks Brawl. He should be banned.
BULL****!!! Bobby goes even with Hank at Strickland North and Soft counters him at Tom Landry. Peggy is even on most neutrals. Plus he gets ***** by Buck. Hank isn't banworthy.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
People need to stop saying fun is subjective.

Fun is the reason I voted pro-ban. I don't think MK is broken.
lol. Fun isn't subjective? Fun is PURELY subjective.

If you don't know that, then you clearly aren't smart enough to be making any sort of important decision. For some people, it IS fun to play against Metaknight. It is fun to be challenged. Maybe that's not YOUR definition of fun-- but we aren't arguing what is FUN or not.

We are arguing what is competitive, and what is reasonable. It is not reasonable to ban Metaknight because he breaks nothing from a competitive standpoint.

You can't base this kind of decision off of what is "fun" because everyone's definition of fun can be totally different from one person to the next.

If you are banning him "for fun" then you are just another person who shouldn't even be allowed to vote because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Thank you.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
If anyone played other fighting games BESIDES Street Fighter and Soul Calibur lololol. I'm betting I will see: Blazblue, Tatsunoko, DoA, and Mahvel.

It's a **** shame to see the community become like this in such a short span of time.
You still arent making sense :dizzy: Plus your beggin the answer. What fighter are you looking for.
Also do you have some sort of complex

Also twilight prince you are acting so scrubby...a textbook example

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice
Ally is a Canadian at heart and will be going to school with Holy in September. We don't have to associate with him; he associates with us.

And wtf, Ontario (Toronto specifically) is far from being a hick society. It's a ****ing huge city for ****s sake. What a *****, ignorant stereo type. Is it even worth arguing with you? I may disagree with the Metaknight ban myself, but don't **** with a whole region.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
MK shouldn't be banned. I have stated so many things already, so no need for repeating myself like a broken record over those matters (unless of course, someone does pull a wall of text full of whining of course).

I will say this again and again:

Step it up. :)

You still arent making sense :dizzy: Plus your beggin the answer. What fighter are you looking for.
Also do you have some sort of complex
Umm wow, you shouldn't be saying that. Learn to type before you say that. :)

Let me state it simpler then: "Does anyone play other fighting games?"
I think I mentioned that you shouldn't bother replying anymore (edited):
If you:
-Haven't even tried a doujin fighter and assume it's a silly animu game like Guilty Gear (which it ISN'T).
-Think Sagat should be banned.
-Call Carl a ****ty character because you don't know how to use him/hate playing against him.
-Believe Smash is more technical than KOF and Virtua Fighter combined.
-Believe that just because you played a lot of SF games means you could tell someone off instantly.
Added just for you: -If you don't know what a fighting game is.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Granted, there are some things that one would think everyone thinks is fun...

like sex...

and then you do research...

P D

Smash Ace
In Smash 64, Pikachu was stated as being the best character having no counterpicks in regards to characters and stages.

this statment is not true

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fun is pretty subjective. Now we can all agree that certain things like getting stabbed in the eye are not fun (although some people do enjoy pain) but if you try to debate whether Halo or Smash is more fun or whether Smash is more fun with MK or without you're in subjective territory.
There are other ways to word "fun" when it comes to how MK screws up this game.

Instead of saying that MK makes the game "less fun", I could say that he takes away from so many staples of traditional Smash that it's really an entirely new game- a game that can't thrive in competitive play because of how boring and campy it is. That is the reason planking was banned. It's a legit argument.

edit: What I meant to say it that that's the reason planking is banned... in many states.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
MK shouldn't be banned. I have stated so many things already, so no need for repeating myself like a broken record over those matters (unless of course, someone does pull a wall of text full of whining of course).

I will say this again and again:

Step it up. :)

Umm wow, you shouldn't be saying that. Learn to type before you say that. :)
I think I mentioned that you shouldn't bother replying:
Why didnt you just say that instead of asking about virtua fighter.
You make no sense. to be honest. Honesty speaking in loops, riddles, pick your choice.
You sounded stupid. Plus you were generalizing

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
All I have ever heard from anti-ban is "Metaknight is not good enough to be banworthy" and the faulty comparison to characters in other, normal fighting games. WHY IS HE NOT GOOD ENOUGH IF THE ENTIRE METAGAME IS "BEAT METAKNIGHT OR DIE"?
This. To this end, I have never seen ONE shred of information that can even come close to outweighing the pro-ban argument. Just go look at both on the first page-the pro-ban compiles facts, examples, and vidoes, while the anti-ban says "nuh-uh" to the entire argument. I can't even believe the percentage of the vote right now. It's a disgrace.

6 more days until SBR tells all you pro bans to go suck it.
And attitudes like this is why this community and especially the SBR is more or less a joke. Combine this with what I said above, and it feels like this is FOX news, with a disturbing amount of the community being easily manipulated. Even if SBR des keep him legal, states like this and Texas, LA, and other will simply keep him banned. Brains still exist in some parts of this America of ours.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
In Smash 64, Pikachu was stated as being the best character having no counterpicks in regards to characters and stages.

this statment is not true
lol.
o really?
just out of curiousity, what are pika's bad stages and who counters pika?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom