• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Uh, I think the counter-pick system is UNDERUSED and extremely powerful. If you win R1, and your opponent does not choose MK or Snake R3, you SHOULD win at reasonably high enough levels of play. I think MK breaks the CP system, but I don't think that's bad, because he saves it from being OP. I think abusing IC and the CP system is the easiest way to win at Brawl right now.

Step one: Double Blind into IC and win R1
Step two: Remain IC and lose on some dumb stage with a campy, yet unviable character.
Step three: Choose a neutral, and win with a hard counter.

If your opponent doesn't go Snake, MK, or ICs, GGs
Of course you should win at reasonably high levels of play if you win round one. You have to win one more game and they have to win two more games. Thats a big advantage in a three game set.

You're assuming every character has at least two stage where they do absolutely horribly on and can't win. This isn't the case.

You're also pretending that ICs have an advantage over most of the cast and somehow have an auto-win in round one.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I missed or misunderstood something, but since when in the hell is this what the anti-ban is saying?
The “counterpick system” is a player-created engine that is used to identify character weaknesses thus allowing a player to strategically take countermeasures to put that person at a disadvantage. This artificial medium does not go hand-in-hand with a fighting game and is more of a benchmark tool rather than a rule of play. Brawl’s predecessor, Melee, relied heavily on counterpicking since there were a large array of characters that were tournament viable that had weaknesses against each other, and because Melee never had a clear best character.

Since when did it become a requirement for fighting games to include a counterpicking system? It may be “ideal” but many of the current generation of Smash players have adopted to the Melee metagame expecting for Brawl to follow suit.

In Smash 64, Pikachu was stated as being the best character having no counterpicks in regards to characters and stages. The game grew and flourished for many years.

Years later Brawl is released and a best character is announced: Metaknight. Possessing all of the same traits Pikachu had in 64 in terms of dominance, what makes anything different now?

The counterpicking system is not a requirement for any fighting game to exist; rather it is a system that is naturally derived from the game itself thus it should not be forced upon a new game based on a previous one.
You didnt read the essay, did you? :<

@ Peirc7d

Oh, I agree.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
rofl.
if the "metaknight cape glitch" is banned (which it was at WHOBO), how did M2k get away with it? Is that not a DQ?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
That's because every anti-ban post just repeats something that has been responded to a dozen times, especially when backed into a corner, and then we respond again, and then they repeat themselves.
And the pro-ban posts simply repeat things that the anti-ban side has responded to a dozen times, in which they repeat themselves again. It's especially bothersome when the pro-ban side tries to state things in absolute terms when it's been thoroughly debunked and proven to fail in all senses of common intellect.

Not that the anti-ban side isn't guilty of all of this, but both sides have their faults.

Also, saying the community is bad/scrubby/etc is being an elitist prick. Sure, there are younger members of the community, sure we aren't stupidly strict in all of our rulesets. Guess what, it's a game. Sorry not everyone is so hardass about their video games. The fact is, the better players still win, with or without MK, so regardless if people have a more laidback attitude, especially considering this particular topic, lay off.
I think the community needs to stop catering to people who can't get past certain faults and refuse to work toward getting past them and choose instead to whine about it. I'm a prick. You know what, though? It's how life is. I don't really care if it's a game, or about education, or about anything else that these people may encounter. It's a mentality that incredibly bothers people like myself and it's going to irk us if the community breaks and caters to the whiners instead of deserting them like they deserve to be.

It's true that there are very few high level players, and that a lot of people aren't that good at this game, but I'd like to point something out: SF has a lot of top players, because the franchise has been around for AGES. Smash has a lot of top players for the same reason, but half of them still play Melee exclusively, so we're talking about a community who has yet to fully understand and grasp this game, because to them, it's entirely new. One and a half years is still new even for a video game. There are many players with potential, but still largely untrained, or lacking in experience. I'm naturally intelligent, which helps me progress to a relatively high level, but really I'm only good because I practice this game every day, and READ A **** TON OF DATA AND STRATEGIES, and theory-craft constantly before I sleep and when I'm bored and while I'm eating. I watch videos, but not just for fun, but I'm constantly analyzing players on ALL levels of play and determine WHY they made those decisions. Even with all of this effort, I'm just beginning to barely breach high level play. I played Melee competitively towards the end, but I had to learn tech skill and important ATs such as L-Canceling, before I could begin to understand the depths of decision making and mindgames.
You're going to be a very succesful man, some day. I salute you.

That being said, MK is definitely highly annoying at mid-level play, and detrimental to the community. You are really deciding whether you are shifting the way the top level players get to play for the sake of letting everyone else have more fun, because I know I'm still not going to beat M2k after you ban MK. He'll still go even with Ally, and the top players will remain on top. It WILL hurt the metagame to ban him, because we aren't patient enough to let everyone get over metaknight and develop their other MUs (hell, it took me a year and a half to learn vs Snake, and I STILL don't know vs R.O.B.)
Detrimental is a loaded word. Having Metaknight around hurts this community because there are too many people whining about how they keep losing to MK's in tournaments and about how MK stalling takes away from the fun of the game when these are all following the system that fighting games have followed for years. There's always going to be a strategy that comes out on top, and the strategy turns out to be 'not fun,' then guess what? It's not going to be a fun game. Anyone who's frustrated by Metaknight's existance are either going to A) study the matchup, watch videos, work on theorycraft and then try them in practice (like you're doing in the segment before) for the thrill of leaping over that hurdle and becoming a successful high-level player; B) take the supposed 'easy way out' and just pick Metaknight and see how far that takes them; C) give up and try another game. Since we're talking about Metaknight being banned from tournaments, I'm specifically talking about competitive play when I'm discussing these options. Anyone has the freedom to play the game they want it played- just don't go into our community and beg them to tailor competitive play for your tastes.

You shouldn't really be asking "Is MK ban-able" because there is no way most of you can even recognize what makes him ban-able or not, or play at a level where it matters. You should do as Fatmanonice suggested, and determine how it will affect the community, which is the most important thing ANYWAY. Even if he was broken, if there was an outcry of 66% to keep him because he was so loved for whatever reason, we should probably still keep him, and the same is true for otherwise. We're not playing this game for SRK, we're playing it for us, and IMO it should be our settings, our way. SBR is our guiding force, so use this poll to let them know how you personally feel.
That's all dependant on what type of community we want to be: the elitists that want to see this game played to its limits, or the scrubby community that creates all of these ficticious rules just to keep them happy. You're going to alienate a crowd no matter what choice we make, so we have to make sure that that choice is the one that the most people want. If we want to make a change as radical as removing a character from competitive play, we want to be absolutely sure that this change will end up benefiting the competitive community, including tournament turnouts.

*Insert mandatory SHORYUKEN!*

The real part that keeps me on the fence is that some tournaments contain only mid-level players that are using MK to win money. This is a real fact, and it's happening. Not all of these tourneys are reported on Smashboards, and many are ignored, but it truth that there are many small tournaments where noobs go to win with MK. I was at one of them last weekend, and if neither Keitaro or I had gone, then that tournament would've been decided by character and ignored player skill. At huge, regional and national tourneys, where many big name players show up, MK is not an issue. However, some states don't have an abundance of top players spread out to **** their locals, and some states don't even have top players. Smaller communities are being snuffed out by MK like the plague.
It's a shame that Brawl has one best character instead of several, but that's the way it is. If Metaknight's giving these communities the blues, they can change the rules so everybody can be happy. Just don't demand the rest of us make these changes too.

All of that being said, ban Ice Climbers.
What what WHAT?

IT'S A TRAP!

They are the ultimate skill leveling tool, since they are able to do something so destructive as to destroy an entire stock off of a mistake or a TRIP. It was really dumb, but really funny as I was talking to Atomsk while playing him Marth vs IC, and we were talking about how dumb ICs were because in this case, truly, the better player does not always win, and you can take a stock off of either a mistake or a trip. 5 seconds after I uttered the word trip, I tripped, and proceeded to lose my stock from 22%, and this is at a moderately high level of play. Atomsk is better than me, but it is not impossible for me to win, and I took several games off of his ICs, while he took probably 65% off my Marth. However, it is impossible for me to win if something utterly dumb like tripping happens, and if it's on the neutral, that might be the set, especially considering he doesn't have to use ICs on his CP and choose some other dumb MU. Consider that if he goes IC R2 on my CP, then regardless of my an, he can still pick a character that wins tremendously on FD, RC, FO, Brinstar, Halberd, etc. R1 trips make ICs broken beyond any doubt in my mind. Just as broken as items.
Wait, wait, if the Ice Climbers, well knowing that their grab range is absolute pittance, that they would need to work incredibly hard in order to get that grab in, knowing that the opponent- seeing the Ice Climbers- is doing everything in his/her/its power to make sure he doesn't get grabbed, and even when they somehow manage to get a grab, the Ice Climbers player- also knowing that their strategy is in the pits when Nana is separated, or worse killed, and can easily (in some cases) be reduced to a character almost as bad as Olimar without Pikmin- can still mess up the chaingrab, leading to the process repeating over again? I'm pretty sure the Ice Climbers are the definition of a high-risk, high-reward character. Yeah, tripping sucks, but the event that the act of tripping would lead to an Ice Climbers grab is so miniscule that it has no effect on tournament placings.

Ban Ice Climbers? Because of the rewards they get for the extreme amount of skill they have to show in every single battle to get those three grabs, if they even get them at all? Please.

You don't have to learn how to play Smash to win with ICs. You have to learn how Blizzard, grab, pivot grab, spot dodge, shield, Uair and IC sideB (who's name escapes me atm) works, and then learn the chaingrab to KO. Applying this to most MUs can let mid level players win, against all but the very best, and even the best if they happen to trip/make a single mistake in a normally very forgiving game.
That's not entirely true. You have to learn about spacing, taking advantage of opportunities, the virtue of patience, character manipulation (in a word, teh mindgamez), something that all characters in this game, and indeed all fighting games everywhere, have to learn. You could be picking this game up for the very first time in a tournament, but if you already know about these essential aspects, you will place very decently. Again, the Ice Climbers are an extreme-risk, extreme-reward character, especially when one hit could lead to Nana's death and the derailment of your entire strategy. It's okay to have this kind of reward if there are appropriate risks involved with it. So no, a ban is not necessary.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Notably Peach, Toon Link, Marth, GnW, probably more I'm forgetting.
Add ROB to this list too. I personally believe that Pit and Pikachu would have the chance of becoming viable too with Metaknight gone as well. Snake and Diddy Kong would remain viable but would probably lose some viability simply because how much they both function as Metaknight "counters" at the moment and how much it contributes to their popularity. I also believe the Ice Climbers would gain more viability with Metaknight gone too. Overall, I would say that Wario's the only high tier character who wouldn't be affected by Metaknight being banned.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This thread is moving too fast to keep up with entirely, but I just noticed something that was referenced numerous times earlier and it needs to stop. Gouken was not banned at EVO (100% sure on this, there are Gouken mains on SRK discussing their experience at EVO), I'm not actually sure about Seth but I don't think he was banned either; I play a lot of SFIV and in fact one of my friends uses Seth as a secondary and has said nothing of Seth being banned.

So yeah...stop using them as a comparison.

Edit1: After further research it appears they might be banned in some regions in Japan. Edit2: Upon realizing that Japan never plays console tournaments anyway it becomes apparent that Edit1 was stupid.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Add ROB to this list too. I personally believe that Pit and Pikachu would have the chance of becoming viable too with Metaknight gone as well. Snake and Diddy Kong would remain viable but would probably lose some viability simply because how much they both function as Metaknight "counters" at the moment and how much it contributes to their popularity. I also believe the Ice Climbers would gain more viability with Metaknight gone too. Overall, I would say that Wario's the only high tier character who wouldn't be affected by Metaknight being banned.
The only 50:50 matchup on the metaknight boards is MK vs. ICs. So I don't think they'll get any more viable, now if snake was banned THEN they'd become alot more viable.

Which reminds me, MK isn't as bad as snake. So ban them both! (if you must)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What am I supposed to be seeing? M2K gained NOTHING from the use of EDC in that video. NOTHING. Not even a percent.

Instead of assuming the technique is banworthy, instead PROVE that it is vanworthy by showing its application.

Oh, wait, the pro-banners only have theory. This sounds just like the basis for every argument they have.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
The only 50:50 matchup on the metaknight boards is MK vs. ICs. So I don't think they'll get any more viable, now if snake was banned THEN they'd become alot more viable.

Well, lucky for us, we don't have to ban them both.

But your concern is really appreciated, Gindler.

What am I supposed to be seeing? M2K gained NOTHING from the use of EDC in that video. NOTHING. Not even a percent.

Instead of assuming the technique is banworthy, instead PROVE that it is vanworthy by showing its application.

Oh, wait, the pro-banners only have theory. This sounds just like the basis for every argument they have.
Yeah, I mean who the hell gives any credence to theories?

I mean, other than the average citizen with a light science background.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I'm still not sure how either the ICs or GW benefit from no MK and more Snakes.

This thread is moving too fast to keep up with entirely, but I just noticed something that was referenced numerous times earlier and it needs to stop. Gouken was not banned at EVO (100% sure on this, there are Gouken mains on SRK discussing their experience at EVO), I'm not actually sure about Seth but I don't think he was banned either; I play a lot of SFIV and in fact one of my friends uses Seth as a secondary and has said nothing of Seth being banned.

So yeah...stop using them as a comparison.

Edit1: After further research it appears they might be banned in some regions in Japan. Edit2: Upon realizing that Japan never plays console tournaments anyway it becomes apparent that Edit1 was stupid.
Is Gouken even good? Do you have a link to an SF4 tier list? Last one I saw had Gouken towards the middle.

What we're doing here has little to do with theorizing, at least in a scientific sense.

Clai

Smash Lord
Woah, woah. Hey.

What if we only ban the EDC when it clearly gives MK an advantage?
We can't ban a move simply because it gives one character an advantage. We ban a move because it conflicts with the ruleset the community has already made.

I mean, maybe it actually hurts him somethimes, like the c-stick might slip.
I'm going to press b-down and send Metaknight in this direction and WOAH! MY HAND ACCIDENTLY SLIPPED AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T STOP IT FROM FLICKING THE C-STICK MULTIPLE TIMES. THIS IS TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT!

That's an extreme example, but I think it's easy to say when someone is using the DC to retreat a particular distance and when someone is using the DC to be invincible for a prolonged period of time for the purpose of stalling.

Also, before anyone makes a fool of themselves...

If you're discussing IC infinites and you suggest using the COUNTERPICK SYSTEM, please make sure you did NOT earlier say that the counterpick system was not an important part of Brawl's competitive condition (anti-ban essay, I'm looking at you o.O)

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
Hi there.

Our stance about the counterpick issue is that you can't demand that the counterpick system to always give the player counterpicking to have the advantage 100% of the time. The counterpick system is designed so that the playing counterpicking has the ease to choose the character/stage in which they believe they have the best chance of winning. Whether it brings them the ACTUAL advantage is irrelevant, it's anything that can increase their chances of winning. So if you're counterpicking against the Ice Climbers, you would obviously want to pick a stage that hunders their prospects of getting a grab as much as possible, since their entire gameplan relies on getting a grab in. Even if your chosen character/stage still doesn't give you the actual advantage against the Ice Climbers, you have already taken major steps to increase the odds of winning as much as possible, as long as the CP'ing player is using common sense.

May I have some cake, please?

*EDIT: @Overclassed, it's pronounced "Clay."*

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
What we're doing here has little to do with theorizing, at least in a scientific sense.
Yeah, what "we're" doing here is having a pissing contest.

Both sides of this debate have their heads shoved so far up their ***** they can see the back of their teeth.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nope. I, unlike most of the random nobodies who voted yes in this poll, actually attend tournaments (although not as much anymore because Brawl just sucks) and actually care about competitive play.

And for the record, yes, I do believe that you should have at least some stake in the community in order to be a part of such wide-sweeping community changes, instead of some armchair warrior who has no idea what he's talking about, plays all his matches online, and just so happens to see this thread, making him vote yes because "MK IS TEH L33T".

For the final time, if you think this poll is representative of anything except the rampant stupidity so familiar to Smashboards, then you are truly lost.
I'd rather be "truly lost" by your standards than be some pompous logic junky who still doesn't matter just like the "scrubs" they pick on any day. You're not even worth arguing with anymore.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Yeah, what "we're" doing here is having a pissing contest.

Both sides of this debate have their heads shoved so far up their ***** they can see the back of their teeth.
Lol. Tempers should be flared. Smash is serious business.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Well, I'm thinking of the problems that they give King Dedede and Falco. I'm not wholly convinced that Snake is as bad as ROB. With Snake, I think it's more of a matter of being a lot more careful with chain grabs and not going crazy with desyncing. I don't know, I don't think the match up is as looked into as compared to others simply because the Ice Climbers aren't that popular overall and there are only a few people like Lain who really excel with them.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

Wait a minute... really? He gained... nothing?
Okay, play by play time.

1:01: M2K returning to the ledge, with 106% damage and 2 stocks. Dojo is at 42% and 1 stock, waiting for M2K
1:02 - 1:05: M2K playing on the ledge, Dojo watching carefully.
1:07: M2K grabs the legde, then uses 2 jumps.
1:08: M2K uses the DC. You can assume that Dojo's use of the SL predicted where a regular DC would end, but
1:09: M2K is safely on the ledge, beyond the half way mark of FD.
1:49: M2K dies, and Dojo has one stock left @ 61%

if Dojo woulda hit the regular DC with the SL, at worst for Dojo, he would still have M2K in a compromising situation. At best, he would've KO'd M2K, and instead of being down 61% (what actually happened) he would be down 42%.

but it's ok. Because M2K gained nothing out that. That extra 19% damage didn't help him at all.

Ok, I understand now. :)

edit: video link for easy access: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8UA3BJIVI

edit2: also realize, that was EDC only being used once...

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Well, I'm thinking of the problems that they give King Dedede and Falco. I'm not wholly convinced that Snake is as bad as ROB. With Snake, I think it's more of a matter of being a lot more careful with chain grabs and not going crazy with desyncing. I don't know, I don't think the match up is as looked into as compared to others simply because the Ice Climbers aren't that popular overall and there are only a few people like Lain who really excel with them.
I don't play ICs or Snake but I think the nades would prevent CGs. And Snake's power.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Our stance about the counterpick issue is that you can't demand that the counterpick system to always give the player counterpicking to have the advantage 100% of the time. The counterpick system is designed so that the playing counterpicking has the ease to choose the character/stage in which they believe they have the best chance of winning. Whether it brings them the ACTUAL advantage is irrelevant, it's anything that can increase their chances of winning. So if you're counterpicking against the Ice Climbers, you would obviously want to pick a stage that hunders their prospects of getting a grab as much as possible, since their entire gameplan relies on getting a grab in. Even if your chosen character/stage still doesn't give you the actual advantage against the Ice Climbers, you have already taken major steps to increase the odds of winning as much as possible, as long as the CP'ing player is using common sense.
My statement had nothing to do with advantage. In fact, it had nothing to do with winning.

It was simply that you can't use B as a premise in one argument and ~B as a premise in another and expect to be taken seriously.

ie.

"The Counter System keeps the Ice Climbers from being broken" implies that the counter system is, in fact, a part of the game. if it was not, it could not keep the ICs from being broken.

I'm not saying this is your argument, I'm saying that if it is the argument a person is using (and several a few pages ago have), then you cannot in good conscience also submit that "The Counter System is not part of the game" and use that to support not banning MK.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Is Gouken even good? Do you have a link to an SF4 tier list? Last one I saw had Gouken towards the middle.
Gouken has the best fireball camp in the game and a counter-attack that is borderline broken. However he has arguably the worst wake-up options in the entire game and some of the slowest normals. Approaching him is hard, and he has some easy big damage combos, but once you manage to approach him he has trouble. Upper mid is about right for him, and that's exactly why comparing him to MK is really dumb. (last sentence added for relevance XD)

Master Raven

Smash Master
M2K was just ****ing around, him and Dojo agreed on not doing gay **** like planking or anything of that sort in the set, and I doubt Dojo really cared.

And mother of ****ing God this subject brings out the worst in most people.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Theories in science have basis in fact, nt conjecture pulled out of one's rectum, or in other words, a hypothesis.

Sorry; all pro-ban has is a HYPOTHESIS, with nothing to back it up and make it a THEORY.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't play ICs or Snake but I think the nades would prevent CGs. And Snake's power.
No. Once you get grabbed, there is no in between where he can drop a grenade. Once he's grabbed he's stuck until they're done with him. If he's getting hobbled, then he can drop a grenade. But with regular chaingrabs he can't.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wait a minute... really? He gained... nothing?
Okay, play by play time.

1:01: M2K returning to the ledge, with 106% damage and 2 stocks. Dojo is at 42% and 1 stock, waiting for M2K
1:02 - 1:05: M2K playing on the ledge, Dojo watching carefully.
1:07: M2K grabs the legde, then uses 2 jumps.
1:08: M2K uses the DC. You can assume that Dojo's use of the SL predicted where a regular DC would end, but
1:09: M2K is safely on the ledge, beyond the half way mark of FD.
1:49: M2K dies, and Dojo has one stock left @ 61%

if Dojo woulda hit the regular DC with the SL, at worst for Dojo, he would still have M2K in a compromising situation. At best, he would've KO'd M2K, and instead of being down 61% (what actually happened) he would be down 42%.

but it's ok. Because M2K gained nothing out that. That extra 19% damage didn't help him at all.

Ok, I understand now. :)

edit: video link for easy access: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8UA3BJIVI

edit2: also realize, that was EDC only being used once...
M2K wouldn't have reappeared in time for the ShL to land on him.

EDIT: Hell, his initial landing position was on the other side of Dojo anyways.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Theories in science have basis in fact, nt conjecture pulled out of one's rectum, or in other words, a hypothesis.

Sorry; all pro-ban has is a HYPOTHESIS, with nothing to back it up and make it a THEORY.
That's much more demeaning :]

Also much harder to derail.

And, if you say it like that, you'll have 80% of them scurrying for a dictionary to figure out what the difference is.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
No. Once you get grabbed, there is no in between where he can drop a grenade. Once he's grabbed he's stuck until they're done with him. If he's getting hobbled, then he can drop a grenade. But with regular chaingrabs he can't.
I was thinking more if he had grenades on the stage before he got grabbed.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
M2K was just ****ing around, him and Dojo agreed on not doing gay **** like planking or anything of that sort in the set, and I doubt Dojo really cared.

And mother of ****ing God this subject brings out the worst in most people.
Yes,it does.I'm kind of glad this is the last time we have to bring up the subject on banning meta knight or not and move foward as a community and advance the metagame.Instead of trying to kill each other over this subject.

Clai

Smash Lord
My statement had nothing to do with advantage. In fact, it had nothing to do with winning.

It was simply that you can't use B as a premise in one argument and ~B as a premise in another and expect to be taken seriously.

ie.

"The Counter System keeps the Ice Climbers from being broken" implies that the counter system is, in fact, a part of the game. if it was not, it could not keep the ICs from being broken.

I'm not saying this is your argument, I'm saying that if it is the argument a person is using (and several a few pages ago have), then you cannot in good conscience also submit that "The Counter System is not part of the game" and use that to support not banning MK.
True. Your post was a little vague on what the Ice Climbers infinite had to do with counterpicking, so I posted what I thought would make sense.

Anyways, my argument for not banning Metaknight in regards to the counterpicking system is not contradicted by what I said about the Ice Climbers.

Neither character breaks the counterpick system because neither character, by its mere presence, forces the other player into a situation that is unsuitable for winning. Counterpicking gives the player a reasonable option of getting past Metaknight, just as it gives the player a reasonable option of getting past the Ice Climbers' infinites. There is no contradiction here, compadre`.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
M2K wouldn't have reappeared in time for the ShL to land on him.

EDIT: Hell, his initial landing position was on the other side of Dojo anyways.
oh hell to the no, I do not agree with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fqFU7hlsc

that is just as much theory as you call yourself debunking.

Edit: as a matter of fact, this disagreement with the position of the regular DC is the problem Bengalz mentioned a few posts back (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8001296#post8001296)

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
@ Clay

I never accused ;D

I just hope that later, when someone does argue such obsurdities, someone can look back and exclaim...

"NUH UH MK IS JUST TOO GOOD."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom