• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward 2.0- New updates! Plane ticket to AZ purchased!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
It's been a long time since 07 when I vowed to become a Melee pro. It took me 3 years to clear up the time and save enough money. Finally...At last...I can make my...Smash Journey...AKA...

Forward 2.0

That's right. I'm travelling. From NY to NJ to MD/VA to Ohio to Arizona to Cali to Florida...I'm travelling to every Smash hotspot. I want to play and practice vs. every style of every character in every area. Hahaha.

I also just want to meet everyone. Everyone that I've ever watched videos of or have seen post on Smashboards, the entire Melee community. It's absolutely incredible that we managed to keep Melee alive despite Brawl's release. (Not that I don't like Brawl, I just like Melee way better.) Pretty much everyone was afraid Melee was going to die. I even remember Swiftbass saying in the SNES results thread, "I'm just trying to ride this dying wave out till the end."

I realized something that I think a lot of people are realizing now too: Melee's never going to die. The players love the game too much, and even though people retire every once in a while, there's always going to be new people who love the game just like we did when we first started playing competitively, and they're going to dedicate themselves like we did and get to ridiculous levels. Or they're playing now, they just haven't ascended yet. ;)

Either way, Melee's not going to die. We thought we hit the peak of Melee when Mango beat M2K at Pound 3. Then Genesis when Armada came and shocked everyone. Then Pound 4 with some more europeans? Has Melee even hit its prime yet? Honestly. That's an honest ****ing question. Has it really even hit it's prime?

It's gotten to the point where I don't want to sit around and try to go to tournies but always miss out and have to watch videos. I know a lot of people that always say they were around back in 04 and 05. Well, **** it. I love this game way too much to not pull a Forward and meet everyone and play everywhere.

Yeah, that's it. I'm done being gay.

The Trip

I'm not posting any dates cuz I don't know wtf is going to happen or where I'm going to be, but here's a list of all of the places I want to stop.

New York City
Chill there, play with Alukard (Even though he says he doesn't play lol) Jman, Hax, G$ and all those guys. I still need housing in NYC, so anyone from NYC seeing this pleaseee helppp.

Ohio
Play with all the people in the midwest, I still need to contact them though and find housing.

Maryland/Virginia
MD/VA, Smash legends haha. Nah, still need housing but I'm pretty sure I can get it here because I know a lot of cool MD/VA smashers. I'd love to play with Chu, Chillin and Azen and Chinesahh, but Chu says he's gonna be busy and Azen's retired. Still, I'll make them play lol Anyone from MD/VA who can provide housing, pleaase step up. Much appreciated.

North Carolina
Still need to talk to these guys, but I'm hooked up. PeePee knows everyone, and I'm gonna talk to Lord Karn about housing. Can't wait to play with these guys.

Florida
Yeah, probably Hungrybox and/or a few others.

Texas
I have family in Texas so I'll probably be staying with them, and maybe other Smashers for a night or two. Darkrain, FLT, D'oh. Good stuff.

Arizona
I am pumped for AZ, maybe it's the state I'm looking forward to the most. Forward, Axe, Taj, Light, TAI and many others. Stacked region. Probably staying with TAI or Forward for the most part.

California
Staying with Dunksies, who I've never even talked to before haha. Gotta talk to him via recommendation from Lovage. Mango...Lucky...S2J...SS...And HUGS haha can't wait to play with that guy

From Cali, I'll probably be flying to NJ with them for Apex, then meeting up with my crew and having them take me back to Rochester.

How?

Well, I'm not taking a car. I'm thinking a combination of flying, greyhound, and rides from Smashers to various tournaments. I'm going to have around 2-3 grand for the trip, so gas money and emergency hotels and transportation isn't really that big of a deal. In terms of where I'm going to stay...I'm hoping you guys will help me out with that. It's my goal to meet as many Smashers as possible and make new friends anyways.

**** it I'll be straight up.

I'm asking you guys to house me lol. I know people here on East Coast so that won't be a problem. (Scar you owe me for getting you mod status anyways) People from other coasts...Well, that's another point of this thread. Anyone who'd be willing to house me please post in this thread and let me know. I'd appreciate it more than you'd know. Also taking me to tournaments with you would be very nice. :)

Who?

I've mentioned this to other people and a lot have asked me to go with me. Can't do it though, sorry. Gotta go alone lol can't even take care of my own *** really.

I mean, that's pretty much all there is to it. No one has any idea how long I've waited for this or how pumpppped I am. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. If anyone can house me or provide rides, directions, a list of players in the area, when people are planning certain tournaments, that would be sooo appreciated. If any of you want to help me out and just want to get to know me a bit, IM me.

eveofmorse

Is my screenname. Any advice or just general discussion is welcome as well. I'll also post updates as to when I'm going to be where as I plan out my trip so that'll make it easier as well.

And if no one can house me...Well, just gonna have to become a homeless pro Smasher. :)

Good ****ing **** to the Melee community for being tight enough to make this game last long enough for me to do this. And props to the new era of ridiculous Smashers (Mainly Dr. PP-What a champ) It's amazing that new people keep stepping up and pushing the game to its limits, keeping it alive for forever. My turn peeps. (Finally lol)

And in case anyone asks, yeah it's a ways away but I thought about it over and over and decided it's a good idea for me to post it this early. PM me if you have questions.

ALSO! I WILL BE BRINGING MY DS AND PLAYING POKEMON SO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY AT TOURNIES OR SMASHFESTS THEY CAN.

List of People Willing to House me:
TeeAyeEye- Arizona
Battousai555- Norcal
PeePee- NC

AXE 09

Smash Master
snaps! heck yeah dude! definitely looking forward to you coming to AZ! sad to say, i won't be able to house you =( but i might be able to provide transportation if you give me a bit of gas money (don't worry, i won't charge a lot lol)

but seriously, good luck on your trip man. what you're about to do is something that i've always wanted to do since i've started playing melee. i'm so jealous of you lol. good stuff man, looking forward to meeting you

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i can probably house you for a few days

i'm located in Phoenix, AZ

you could PROBABLY expect to play with Axe and Forward 1.0 at my house

strawhats

Smash Master
All I have to say to you is, you make me proud..good for you.

Kick *** while your out their training.

I hope to meet you in battle...someday.

S l o X

Smash Champion
****s too good.

>_> maybe three/four years from now ill be able to do this.

(melee prime thing = ****. its all true though, theres no teling how far melee will go as of right now.) it definitely wont die within this year or even next year. i just started getting to play melee in 2010 so im gonna make sure it doesnt die anytime soon. once i get a job ill definitely start going to oos tournaments and eventually winning nationals.

get @ next generation melee

hope to meet you broseph

Signia

Smash Lord
So epic. You should write about each smash community you visit, noting differences, maybe even include pictures or video of smashfests, giving the world a view on the current smash community. A documentary-esque thing like that would be so sick.

AXE 09

Smash Master
if you stay at tee ay eye's house, you WILL definitely be playing with me A LOT lol

EDIT:
So epic. You should write about each smash community you visit, noting differences, maybe even include pictures or video of smashfests, giving the world a view on the current smash community. A documentary-esque thing like that would be so sick.
i LOVE this idea

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Melee wont die as long as theres players willing to smash. THis is something i wanted to do with my friends since i started smash and money is always the issue. Good luck man maybe see you at Apex if i get money/transportation

I.B

Smash Lord
**** niiice. I wish i could do this as well.

So when's your stop-over in Canada? ;)

DualCats

Smash Ace
This thread inspires me to get a job and do similar things. But I'm extraordinarily lazy, so I'll just admire your ambition from a distance. And, as Phoenix's unofficial battle-wagon, I'd at least be able to drive you places.

AXE 09

Smash Master
This thread inspires me to get a job and do similar things. But I'm extraordinarily lazy, so I'll just admire your ambition from a distance. And, as Phoenix's unofficial battle-wagon, I'd at least be able to drive you places.
*gasp* was this your first post outside of our regional forum???? omg i'm so proud!!! =D

DualCats

Smash Ace
*gasp* was this your first post outside of our regional forum???? omg i'm so proud!!! =D
I guess it is. :3

Here be dragons, lul. I figure I might as well fully integrate myself with the melee community.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I can house you when you're in Norcal. You might be able to play with Pink Shinobi and learn how to play against an evil Peach. He plays friendlies more like meanies, so know that you'll be camped and ***** with little remorse.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
This being my senior year of High School i want this summer to be the best,me and a few friends are already planning on attending APEX, but i wanna do more and play more smashers, PA isnt as good as it once was and wish they would redo the PA rankings, since i started i always wanted to get my name on the rankings and be one of those smashers everyone wanted to be but because traveling is the best way to get better i was unsuccessful but i hope to make some impact at APEX and than after id love to travel and do this YOU HAVE INSPIRED PEOPLE TO TRAVEL lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Like the trip idea you should keep a blog like Forward tried to do as he went along.

But seriously, Melee's Prime was 2006/2007. Most of you guys don't understand how great things were back then.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Like the trip idea you should keep a blog like Forward tried to do as he went along.

But seriously, Melee's Prime was 2006/2007. Most of you guys don't understand how great things were back then.

I guess....... if your into nostalgia.

this is a great idea though, hope you can hit up west coast canada, im sure dudes in vancouver would organize a tourney for whenever if you could make it.

but yea this is some cool **** .

hubble

Smash Ace
GOOD **** JESSE <3

This kids pretty much the best in our region and has tons of potential. He can hold his own against pretty much anyone, so people should know that they'll get good practice with him in their house.

You better get insanely good from this, and come and help power level WNY.

Much love and good luck Jesse.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
GOOD **** JESSE <3

This kids pretty much the best in our region and has tons of potential. He can hold his own against pretty much anyone, so people should know that they'll get good practice with him in their house.

You better get insanely good from this, and come and help power level WNY.
Everything hubble said. Jesiah is already extremely good. I'm looking forwards to playing you when you come back as one of the best.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
*claps*

I don't know what to say to you besides... let me stay at your place for the week after the March 13th tournament. It's my spring break. We'll talk about it. Teach me everything I need to know to be #1 in our ****ty part of the state. You're going to be so good.

People: do NOT underestimate Jesiah.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
im gonna do that too one day only im going train hopping. im only 15 but i think il do it this summer. yeah i know allot of travelers from philly.

my plan would be to travel the east coast from philly to florida and go to NJ for apex. OMG its on im dead srs. *starts saving*

i can definately do this ****.

Freight Train Forward.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
^^What he said.

edit: I meant KevinM. No idea who LunarNOVA is.

strawhats

Smash Master

Ahhh...the days of Ken, PC, M2k, KDJ, the ****, OC3, FC, Pound 3, SCC, Evo World, MLG....soo many good things.

But Melee ***** even harder today with people like Mango, M2k, Armada, Hbox (when people see he's actually pretty good LOL), and a bunch of new gen players like Dr. PP, Hax, Jman..also soooo many old school players are back including Mike G, Vidjo, Isai, HuGs, Sastopher (for a while at least) Taj, Forward...Newly formed International relationships and hopefully one day we can have a truly International Tournament...4 day tourney anyone. Apex is as close as it gets right now thnx to the efforts of Cpt. Crunch and many people trying to to get other countries to come here to play melee.

Pi

Smash Hero
that's my #
i'm sure i can house you in case of emergency
and hungrybox can most likely house you as well since he always does that
smashes around me include skratch (really good tutor on smash)
and col bol (if you learn by getting *****, he's the guy) lol
also sick & nasty, plup, zero & fearz, and not too far off is hbox and his crew, uuaa zoro
and plenty more smashers in the area

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL **** I get a shoutout in this thread.

Ummm, come to NC so I can smash with you again haha. =)

I think I'll hit you up on AIM soon.

I want to help make Melee super competitive again. Hopefully it'll happen.

Skler

Smash Master
You should go to NH, Maine or RI. Nobody gets away without some MaineHampshireIsland practice.

PeePee, I didn't see you the last day of Pound 4 so I didn't get to ask. How'd you place? I know it was your first tournament and all that, hope you did well.

Top Bottom