• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The great Bill Cosbey only has so much time on his hands, please wait in line.

*Points to serveral others who have yet to be aknowledged*
I've already put your name in my friend roster. Also, if I lose to you and you start the "you're a waste of a human life" smack talk, I'm kicking you out of this tournament. No excuses; constructive criticism is one thing but being a complete d*** about it is quite another.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've already put your name in my friend roster. Also, if I lose to you and you start the "you're a waste of a human life" smack talk, I'm kicking you out of this tournament. No excuses; constructive criticism is one thing but being a complete d*** about it is quite another.
Since when have I ever called anyone a waste of a human life? I give raw advice, but never do I insult someone's character or personal being.

And I wasn't refering to myself, or anyone in particular for that matter, I was being facetious.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I volunteer to replace him as the bully.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I want to change to Jigglypuff.
Are you a good Jiggs player or is this just some sort of joke?

Switch me to toon link please Edit:: Anyone want to play some practice matches? FF being down is killing any skills i've built up T.T
You play Toon Link? I'll practice with you and even do a few dittos. I'm trying to learn Toon Link myself and I could use the practice, both righting one and seeing how he's played.

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
Are you a good Jiggs player or is this just some sort of joke?

You play Toon Link? I'll practice with you and even do a few dittos. I'm trying to learn Toon Link myself and I could use the practice, both righting one and seeing how he's played.
I play every character that has a sword theres a huge difference between them though my toon link would be 3 stocked against my marth but unless he's under human men I wont play him T.T Send me a message anytime after 4-5 PM and i'll play.. Btw olimar is my weakness so dont expect much

cba

Smash Master
I believe his mains are Kirby, Peach, and Jigglypuff. People main who they have fun playing with. Is there a problem with him wanting to use Jigglypuff? Some people are legitimately good with some of the low tier characters.
I love to play LUCAS and dont backdown on anybody, why? because i have passion and am confident enough. ive played against people who have been surprised at me playing lucas. just to say, its not the char, its the player.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I play every character that has a sword theres a huge difference between them though my toon link would be 3 stocked against my marth but unless he's under human men I wont play him T.T Send me a message anytime after 4-5 PM and i'll play.. Btw olimar is my weakness so dont expect much.
If you don't know how to play Olimar, then nevermind.

I believe his mains are Kirby, Peach, and Jigglypuff. People main who they have fun playing with. Is there a problem with him wanting to use Jigglypuff? Some people are legitimately good with some of the low tier characters.
If you attack my posts things will get ugly. Stop scrutinizing what I'm saying and making it into what you want it to be - an insult, something ugly, or a excoriating statement/question. There's nothing wrong with anyone playing Jigglypuff, but when people say that they're usually joking and poking fun at her.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you attack my posts things will get ugly. Stop scrutinizing what I'm saying and making it into what you want it to be - an insult, something ugly, or a excoriating statement/question. There's nothing wrong with anyone playing Jigglypuff, but when people say that they're usually joking and poking fun at her.
Ugly? This is the internet... The worst that could happen is an "Oh NoEs FlAmE wAr" which I'd like to think I'm above in this situation because I have absolutely nothing to gain from it. (That or you could fill my mailbox with hate mail but I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeally like to think that you're above that based on your standings.) Really, it's the way you put things. Most of what you type comes off as sarcastic or demeaning based on things you've said in the past. The question is, why do I view your posts like this and what can be done for me to change this view?

Add in:

Also, like I said to ~Peachy~ in Geno Bash, it's never a good idea to threaten a tournament director if you plan on participating in their tournaments. I'm only "mean" to people when they're "mean" to me or my friends and some of the comments you made towards Glyph and Barge, for example, were really-over-the-top and unnessecary. You're a talented and knowledgable player, congrats, but how you uphold yourself with that talent and know-how determines whether or not you become respected on these boards.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You are a true and righteous tourney director FMOI! And well organized at that, thank you!
Thank you for the comment but I really don't want to make Excellence look like a bad guy because he's not. Maybe a little arrogant but I've seen far worse cases *coughhackhorkyunahorkhackcough*.

Add in:

It also has to be kept in mind that this is Smash Boards; there are a TON of arrogant people/elitests here. :laugh: It's pretty much standard for any competitive gaming forum.

@ cba:

You play as Lucas? Since when? O_o'

cba

Smash Master
truth, its not good to play smart-a$$ in Sboards is not gonna pay off. in Kbunnys tourney my bro was spamming w/ my account and nearly everyone in the tourney hated ME because of that, i even went to the loosers bracket for a unfair reason, and the host ignored my pleads (FMOI would never do that), its not cool to be rude, and i never do anything i wouldnt like someone to do to me.

ROBIE69IE

Smash Cadet
My comment has nothing to do with Excellence, Excellence is a great player and playing against Excellence would definitely make any person a better player.
Just giving you props for sharing your time and for your successful efforts.

Excellence

Smash Champion
truth, its not good to play smart-a$$ in Sboards is not gonna pay off. in Kbunnys tourney my bro was spamming w/ my account and nearly everyone in the tourney hated ME because of that, i even went to the loosers bracket for a unfair reason, and the host ignored my pleads (FMOI would never do that), its not cool to be rude, and i never do anything i wouldnt like someone to do to me.
I don't mind being a smart ***, to be honest I've grown fond of it. If I'm eliminated for how I act, then that's fine because at least I'd of deserved it, right?

Ugly? This is the internet... The worst that could happen is an "Oh NoEs FlAmE wAr" which I'd like to think I'm above in this situation because I have absolutely nothing to gain from it. (That or you could fill my mailbox with hate mail but I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeally like to think that you're above that based on your standings.) Really, it's the way you put things. Most of what you type comes off as sarcastic or demeaning based on things you've said in the past. The question is, why do I view your posts like this and what can be done for me to change this view?
I don't plan on flaming you or filling your mailbox with a bunch of spam. That sort of thing takes too much effort on both our parts and I'm not for "effort". If they come off as sarcastic or belittling in any sense, that's not really my fault. People's perception of their enviornment, is based off of their own experiences. But I do understand what you're saying, "It's not what you say, but how you say it" - how many times have I heard that now? People's view of me doesn't matter to me much. I am who I am, like it or not.

Don't think any perceived or given status within any group or clique limits my means of attack. I am willing to crawl, belly to the ground like a snake, if it'll provide an advantageous situation in the end. But as I said before, arguing and flaming over the internet is pointless.

Also, like I said to ~Peachy~ in Geno Bash, it's never a good idea to threaten a tournament director if you plan on participating in their tournaments. I'm only "mean" to people when they're "mean" to me or my friends and some of the comments you made towards Glyph and Barge, for example, were really-over-the-top and unnessecary. You're a talented and knowledgable player, congrats, but how you uphold yourself with that talent and know-how determines whether or not you become respected on these boards.
You can be mean to me all you'd like, if it's any solution to a problem you may have with me. Infact, I perfer to speak with people who are angry because they usually speak honestly above you when they are angry. There's no longer a sense to hold back any truths or hold anything sacred. I'm never mean to Glyph, that's a fact. If there is anyone I'm fond of, at all, it would be Glyph and he knows I joke. What I said to Barge was true, he needed a lot of work. What was worse was that the things he messed up on were obvious to someone who plays Toon Link. I didn't move to slander him or make him feel worthless, but I let him know clearly how big an issue his mistakes were. I'd expect the same curtiousness from anyone who plays me and notices lots of mistakes. Ask around to find out how many questions I ask about my own gameplay and see the myriad of information swarming around.

If I do hurt your feelings, let me know, hm? In my eyes pressure creates diamonds, but in someone else's eyes it could be crushing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My comment has nothing to do with Excellence, Excellence is a great player and playing against Excellence would definitely make any person a better player.
Oh... Thanks again though.

Regarding our matches the other night, you do Ness's PK Thunder 2 a lot. A vast majority of the time of the time I was able to block it and even counter with a fsmash (even with Ike and he has the second slowest fsmash in the game). You hit me once with it when I played as Captain Falcon in one of our earlier matches after you used an upthrow, made PKT chase me only to make it come back to you. I was only at 20% damage at the time but it was a good move on your part. Sure the attack has a ton of knockback and can kill a majority of the cast at like 60% on a medium stage but it's better as a sneak attack. For example, if you use it right before someone hits the ground right after they are hit in the air, they won't be able to block it because an air dodge becomes completely negated as soon as they touch the ground. Also, if you constantly try to hit someone with it, it'll decay even if it hits their shield thus cutting it's knockback.

cba

Smash Master
I don't mind being a smart ***, to be honest I've grown fond of it. If I'm eliminated for how I act, then that's fine because at least I'd of deserved it, right?

I don't plan on flaming you or filling your mailbox with a bunch of spam. That sort of thing takes too much effort on both our parts and I'm not for "effort". If they come off as sarcastic or belittling in any sense, that's not really my fault. People's perception of their enviornment, is based off of their own experiences. But I do understand what you're saying, "It's not what you say, but how you say it" - how many times have I heard that now? People's view of me doesn't matter to me much. I am who I am, like it or not.

Don't think any perceived or given status within any group or clique limits my means of attack. I am willing to crawl, belly to the ground like a snake, if it'll provide an advantageous situation in the end. But as I said before, arguing and flaming over the internet is pointless.

You can be mean to me all you'd like, if it's any solution to a problem you may have with me. Infact, I perfer to speak with people who are angry because they usually speak honestly above you when they are angry. There's no longer a sense to hold back any truths or hold anything sacred. I'm never mean to Glyph, that's a fact. If there is anyone I'm fond of, at all, it would be Glyph and he knows I joke. What I said to Barge was true, he needed a lot of work. What was worse was that the things he messed up on were obvious to someone who plays Toon Link. I didn't move to slander him or make him feel worthless, but I let him know clearly how big an issue his mistakes were. I'd expect the same curtiousness from anyone who plays me and notices lots of mistakes. Ask around to find out how many questions I ask about my own gameplay and see the myriad of information swarming around.

If I do hurt your feelings, let me know, hm? In my eyes pressure creates diamonds, but in someone else's eyes it could be crushing.
apparently, you do care what people say about you.

@ FMOI: he(lucas) was my first main ever. and plz dont DQ exelkence, i would love to play against him(in the tourney). but ill respect your decision.

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
wow... i just realised hat av never playey 95% of the people in this tourney!!!
This will be interesting, me thinks!!!

Excellence

Smash Champion
ROBIE, we play ALL the freakin' time and I keep trying to point stuff out to you, but I don't think you notice. If you had AIM I could give you what I notice about your Ness as we play. Later today, let's play a few games and chat over the vistior's message or PM. I've got loads to say and I want to hear what you think I need to work on.

apparently, you do care what people say about you.

@ FMOI: he(lucas) was my first main ever. and plz dont DQ exelkence, i would love to play against him(in the tourney). but ill respect your decision.
Are you equating me constantly responding with caring about people's opinions of me when they know borderline nothing about me? I'

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not going to disqualify Excellence because he hasn't done anything wrong yet here.

@ Excellence:

Reading the "diamonds" part at the end made me make a face like this: >_>'. Just how serious are you taking this? You're talking about this as if it's training for the olympics. This site is essentially a bunch of 12-30 (yes, there are people that age here) year olds talking about and playing a video game with what are essentailly cartoon characters fighting each other... If you were doing this for a living and making thousands of dollars from it like some of the professionals here then I'd understand but this isn't boot camp. Heck, for my tournaments, there's not even an entry fee, you don't even have to leave your home, and the prizes come out of my own pocket (or Glyph's in this tournament). There's nothing really at stake here: it's all for fun for the most part.

What's fine for you may not be fine for others and that's what I'm driving at. Transference is a good word for it. You may see something as perfectly fine but others may take great offense to it or be hurt by it. What if the way you spoke drove someone away from playing Smash? I'm not that sensitive but I've run into people that are. There are people here who actually become depressed when they lose in tournaments. Also, there's nothing to be proud of when it comes to being a smart @$$. You usually lose credibility and people stop taking you seriously after awhile. It works with comedy but not when you're trying to "bond" with most people. You're no Vince Lombardi and I'm no Bill Cosby (no really, I'm not) so let's try keep things in civil grounds.

Top Bottom