• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
lol its ok to change your mind alot
Yeah... Lately I've been switching a lot.
Trying to find my main...

When I joined this board I was G&W. Then I went to Ice Climbers, then Peach, Mario, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Link, and ROB (not in that order). Playing them each for awhile and then I be like "hmm... not for me."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah... Lately I've been switching a lot.
Trying to find my main...

When I joined this board I was G&W. Then I went to Ice Climbers, then Peach, Mario, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Link, and ROB (not in that order). Playing them each for awhile and then I be like "hmm... not for me."
Main random. Works for me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I personally CANNOT play some of the characters.

I'm heads and shoulders above the rest of the cast with ROB and Wario, then I'm mediocre with Yoshi and Snake.

Characters like DDD and MK (lolwut?) are my bane. I just can't get them down good.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm not going to disqualify Excellence because he hasn't done anything wrong yet here.

@ Excellence:

Reading the "diamonds" part at the end made me make a face like this: >_>'. Just how serious are you taking this? You're talking about this as if it's training for the olympics. This site is essentially a bunch of 12-30 (yes, there are people that age here) year olds talking about and playing a video game with what are essentailly cartoon characters fighting each other... If you were doing this for a living and making thousands of dollars from it like some of the professionals here then I'd understand but this isn't boot camp. Heck, for my tournaments, there's not even an entry fee, you don't even have to leave your home, and the prizes come out of my own pocket (or Glyph's in this tournament). There's nothing really at stake here: it's all for fun for the most part.

What's fine for you may not be fine for others and that's what I'm driving at. Transference is a good word for it. You may see something as perfectly fine but others may take great offense to it or be hurt by it. What if the way you spoke drove someone away from playing Smash? I'm not that sensitive but I've run into people that are. There are people here who actually become depressed when they lose in tournaments. Also, there's nothing to be proud of when it comes to being a smart @$$. You usually lose credibility and people stop taking you seriously after awhile. It works with comedy but not when you're trying to "bond" with most people. You're no Vince Lombardi and I'm no Bill Cosby (no really, I'm not) so let's try keep things in civil grounds.
It's not that I'm serious with Brawl, specifically, but I'm a terrible perfectionist. This year has been terrible for me because I'm never never happy with what I do. I understand that people are more sensative than me and I may even take that into consideration before posting a critique.

I'm heads and shoulders above the rest of the cast with ROB and Wario, then I'm mediocre with Yoshi and Snake.

Characters like DDD and MK (lolwut?) are my bane. I just can't get them down good.
Do you envy my ability to play every character within two hours of playing them Glyph?! I change mains every week, fear me. And before you scream at me over Visitor's Message, I only test other characters to see if there are better matches for me than Olimar. So far, the answer is a text book, "NO!"

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
i know this isnt the time to b saying his but...... excellence...... i would like an olimar mirror match sumtime of u dont mind! :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

ROB's definately your best character. Your Wario is okay but your ROB is far better. I don't know, I think it's because you don't take that much advantage of Wario's aerial mobility. I don't really ever recall you using fairs or nairs and, if I remember right, you usually full hop dairs.

It's funny that you mention that Dedede and Metaknight are your worst characters because Snake's my worst simply because I hardly ever play as him because, for the first two months of the game being out, I only played as the top/high tier characters in anyone fights.

It's not that I'm serious with Brawl, specifically, but I'm a terrible perfectionist. This year has been terrible for me because I'm never never happy with what I do. I understand that people are more sensative than me and I may even take that into consideration before posting a critique.
I understand completely and I respect that you're honest about it. I'm a type B who lives in a family of all type As, I know how it is. :laugh: Also, if things are really troubling you, feel free to PM me to talk about it if you want. Yeah, I know, we barely know each other but it's good to talk about some things even if it's over the internet.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Dang FMOI you are really nice. You gotta be a guidance councelor or something.

Also GGs the other day. Your pit arrow spam got to me. I only use like 6-7 characters so it was hard for me to compete against your entire cast main, even though you have other characters that you are better with. At least I didn't lose with my diddy.

Excellence

Smash Champion
i know this isnt the time to b saying his but...... excellence...... i would like an olimar mirror match sumtime of u dont mind! :)
No. I HATE Mirror matches. Just for advice though: FSmash > Grab, Grab > Pikmin Spam, Pikmin Spam > FSmash. Nair breaks all aerial combos other than Up Air and Up B and FThrow or pivot BThrow into ledgeguard is a free stock 85% of the time. Mirrors are such craptastic ways of evaluation.

ROB's definately your best character. Your Wario is okay but your ROB is far better. I don't know, I think it's because you don't take that much advantage of Wario's aerial mobility. I don't really ever recall you using fairs or nairs and, if I remember right, you usually full hop dairs.

It's funny that you mention that Dedede and Metaknight are your worst characters because Snake's my worst simply because I hardly ever play as him because, for the first two months of the game being out, I only played as the top/high tier characters in anyone fights.

@Excellence

I understand completely and I respect that you're honest about it. I'm a type B who lives in a family of all type As, I know how it is. :laugh: Also, if things are really troubling you, feel free to PM me to talk about it if you want. Yeah, I know, we barely know each other but it's good to talk about some things even if it's over the internet.
They aren't troubling me as you may think. They're troubling me because I can't get **** done because I'm constantly doing things over. If I erase a word on a paper, I rewrite it. Thing's like that are what cause me trouble.

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
FMOI, would it be ok if my bro joins.... we'll be using the same wii (same fc obv)
his name is Conor... :) and he wants to use lucas?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
:laugh: I was just going to ask Excellence for a few matches too. Who doesn't want to fight him? :laugh:

@muffin, we can play a few matches if you want, I haven't played since Saturday so I might be rusty. Then again 2 days can't make much of a difference right?

EDIT: I need practice fighting Olimar's

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
u 2 can play now... al have a few matches maybe 2moro!! gl 2 both of you!!! and who nos, we mite even b opponents in the tourney at some stage!! :) nite

YAY!! 100 posts lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dang FMOI you are really nice. You gotta be a guidance councelor or something.

Also GGs the other day. Your pit arrow spam got to me. I only use like 6-7 characters so it was hard for me to compete against your entire cast main, even though you have other characters that you are better with. At least I didn't lose with my diddy.
My best characters:

1. Mario
2. Ness
3. Ice Climbers
4. Fox
5. Wario
6. King Dedede

My worst characters:

1. Snake
2. Ganondorf

Those are the only two characters that I can say that I'm not "competitively competent" with yet. I'm going to start training like crazy with these two soon though. Lucario and Sonic used to be among my worst too but then I started to use at least once per "set" against people I play with online and now I've gotten decent with them.

I remember our matches. Sonic vs Diddy Kong sucks so much. X_x' Having a single bananna on the field pretty kills all his advances.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
My best characters:

1. Mario
2. Ness
3. Ice Climbers
4. Fox
5. Wario
6. King Dedede

My worst characters:

1. Snake
2. Ganondorf

Those are the only two characters that I can say that I'm not "competitively competent" with yet. I'm going to start training like crazy with these two soon though. Lucario and Sonic used to be among my worst too but then I started to use at least once per "set" against people I play with online and now I've gotten decent with them.

I remember our matches. Sonic vs Diddy Kong sucks so much. X_x' Having a single bananna on the field pretty kills all his advances.
Wanna hit up some friendlys later? ;p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wanna hit up some friendlys later? ;p
I'll try to make time for it after my fencing classes. So you beat Zeon with Olimar? So did I on Saturday. I was a little weirded out because I two stocked him in that match and the one before where I used Falco. Our matches are usually really close unless I decide to do stage counterpicks (Ganondorf on Hanebow= downright hilarious). To be fair, he two stocked my Falco a match earlier and my Wolf a little later. Ah, it's good to have competitive rivals. :laugh:

@ Excellence:

Despite what he says, Zeon is really good a powershielding and he finds ways to get in your face fast especially on smaller stages like Battlefield and Yoshi's Island.

Barge

Edit out the part about who won, please.

Why not Toon Link, too? You can use Double Arrow to keep him away and use Boomerange to force full hops. SHZair is also extremely helpful, not to mention bombs.
Maybe now, haven't brawled him in about a week.

Barge

Here's a tip: pick Hanebow; he'll be your best friend forever. :psycho:
Oh god, I hate that stage

Stages I hate:
Hannenbow
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate ship (personal reasons)
The part in Delfino plaza where the right ledge is ungrabable

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'll try to make time for it after my fencing classes. So you beat Zeon with Olimar? So did I on Saturday. I was a little weirded out because I two stocked him in that match and the one before where I used Falco. Our matches are usually really close unless I decide to do stage counterpicks (Ganondorf on Hanebow= downright hilarious). To be fair, he two stocked my Falco a match earlier and my Wolf a little later. Ah, it's good to have competitive rivals. :laugh:

@ Excellence:

Despite what he says, Zeon is really good a powershielding and he finds ways to get in your face fast especially on smaller stages like Battlefield and Yoshi's Island.
I noticed. I was able to keep control of the matches most of the time and I even managed a three stock on that monster. The only problem I have with playing Zeon is the number of mistakes I make, no one points them out so unless I can record a match, I'll never know them. What's a pain is that Wifi REFUSES to let me Whistle. I'm SURE it's the imput lag. One of his combos involves Up Air and every time I go to Whistle it doesn't come out. I played some ofline friendlies with Metawhore and his Up Air can be Whistled so I'm sure Ganondorf's can.

His powershielding is flawless, especially because he does it to block my three-pronged defense: FFFair, FSmash, and Advancing Nair. It's really ridiculous that Olimar's priority sucks so freaking bad.

I'm starting to think about maining Jiggs, she's cool even though she sucks.

Excellence

Smash Champion
My advice to you, at low percentages just lay on the ground and let him miss with his follow up Side B. That's what I do and it works wonders. If he catches on then fall, pause, and then get up with an attack.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Who do you play?
Sorry I left. I forgot I posted, I'm stupid :)
Anyways, I main Zelda/Sheik, Peach, and Samus. I use others for fun. We can still play today if you want. I would like to. But I am playing someone at the moment.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Omis? I'm hosting you can probably join unless josh only wanted a 1v1. If not then we will fight later if you want to. Then I can fight excellence if he comes back

cba

Smash Master
bored wanna play ZEON...wanna get a wired connection....FRIENDLYS ANY1?

Top Bottom