• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Excellence

Smash Champion
If the tournament was smaller, I'd do a loser's bracket but it would be too much to handle with this.

@ Naucitos:

Yes, I'm aware that Marth and Pit are males but they are definately metrosexuals when compared to the other males in the cast. Metrosexuals are usually men who are very clean and/or feminine. If you're a guy who files his nails, uses women's shampoo/conditioner, or brushes his hair on a regular basis, chances are you're a metrosexual.

Also, Punch Out 3, Mario and Luigi RPG 3, and Sin and Punishment 2 were announced today; life is good!
I guess I would be considered metrosexual then? Pft, whatever so what if I want to look prettier than the person I date. I call it competitive grooming. :mad:

My Mii? That's Geno from Super Mario RPG. :laugh: It was one of the top ten most popular Miis from like December 2007-January 2008 on the Check Mii Out channel so I usually use it as my Mii. (Yes, I created it.) I look much different I assure you. I kind of look like a young Stephen King.

It was a waste of time because I almost never use it. I can easily read it but I can only speak a little bit. Personally, I blame the first French teacher I had for babying the class too much...
So what... You're like sixty-plus years old, live in a studio with your creepy, yet ironically soothing creations of horror and play smash all day? You sound like my type of person, maybe we should hook up sometime.

I always pretend FMOI is Bill Cosby.

It livens the forums for me.
You know, I pretend FMOI is Bill Cosbey too. Personally, I think Cosbeyness is next to Excellenceness, so he's cool in my book of who's in and who's out. But you Glyph, you disappoint me. It's the hurt stick for you the next time you post.

cba

Smash Master
soo FMOI is 60+ y/o. i didnt know that
EDIT; i thought he said he was in college

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess I would be considered metrosexual then? Pft, whatever so what if I want to look prettier than the person I date. I call it competitive grooming. :mad:

So what... You're like sixty-plus years old, live in a studio with your creepy, yet ironically soothing creations of horror and play smash all day? You sound like my type of person, maybe we should hook up sometime.

You know, I pretend FMOI is Bill Cosbey too. Personally, I think Cosbeyness is next to Excellenceness, so he's cool in my book of who's in and who's out. But you Glyph, you disappoint me. It's the hurt stick for you the next time you post.
This post in it's entirety is awesome. :laugh: If only I could put it in a picture frame and hang it on my wall.

@ cba:

He's referring to Stephen King (is he in his 60's now, really? O_o' I thought he was in his 50's.).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Random Post

I somewhat understood that! "something....something....speak french very well" I think.
Yeah I can't see french getting me anywhere :ohwell:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
He said, "But I do not speak very well." :p Hopefully he meant French and not speech in general. :laugh:

I've studied French for 11 years.

From Grade 1 to 11. >_> I'm still learning it lol.

So my French is probably on par with Ary's and maybe FMOI's.

Oh, and put me down with omis on your list of people to teach Portuguese. :/

Also, I just noticed that my post count is madness!

cba

Smash Master
wow i would like to learn japanese, but then... i dont have the enthusiasm(idk if spelled wrong). but i cant seem to find a place to actually learn. but as i know spanish and it is my primary language i tend to know how to read some french and italian words(idk how) i think its because they are derived from latin. anyway i always dream of learning a new language.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
In the Usa, spanish is probably the best second language to learn, as more and more spanish speakers are entering this country (Most illegally)
So you'll have a better chance at getting hired if you know 2 languages.
I bet you by 2020 there will be more spanish speakers then english speakers.
Anyways, I'd rather learn japanese then spanish.
I already completed spanish 1-2 3-4 anyways, so I completed my foreign language credit for High school.

cba

Smash Master
In the Usa, spanish is probably the best second language to learn, as more and more spanish speakers are entering this country (Most illegally)
So you'll have a better chance at getting hired if you know 2 languages.
I bet you by 2020 there will be more spanish speakers then english speakers.
Anyways, I'd rather learn japanese then spanish.
I already completed spanish 1-2 3-4 anyways, so I completed my foreign language credit for High school.
yea but where i work at there are these south-american kids who speak english like if they dont have SA roots and you see their parents struggling to actually understand them and all that.
it gets me kinda irritated. but its called "earth" and for it to be, it has to have a little bit of everything.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tengo tres anos del espanol.

Y no estoy muy bueno.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Well, I probably wont be able to attend the tournament since theres an offline tournament on the 18th. So if I dont show up, you know why.

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
just thot ad say i speak french, spanish and english! :)

av studied french and spanish for 6 years each and plan to continue to uni to study for 4 more years!!

puedo hablar el espanol muy bien

je peux parler le francais tres bien

i can speak english very well (duhh...)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Dang, sign ups have slowed down a little bit.

We've had like 2 people recently.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd like to join this tournament as well, please.
I just need to know who you want to use.

I'm royally pissed off right now because I just bombed a Chemistry test and I might have to drop my internet life altogether in order to pass the class. :mad:

@ Glyph:

From what I've noticed in the past, most people sign up on Saturday and Sunday for tournaments and it's usually around 6-8 at night.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
College is FUN!

At least the tourney isn't for a while, though. And high school ftw.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
College is fun but the work becomes freakishly hard in the later years if you're still trying to knock your preresquites out of the way. (Like me.) The classes that actually involve my major are a cake walk. Ugh... Thank God it's Friday; I could really go for a beer right now...

Anyways, the tournament isn't for another 2 weeks two and we had more than half the number of people needed sign up on the first day this was posted so I'm not overly concerned.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
College is fun but the work becomes freakishly hard in the later years if you're still trying to knock your preresquites out of the way. (Like me.) The classes that actually involve my major are a cake walk. Ugh... Thank God it's Friday; I could really go for a beer right now...

Anyways, the tournament isn't for another 2 weeks two and we had more than half the number of people needed sign up on the first day this was posted so I'm not overly concerned.
Yeah, ima bit surprised of how fast it filled up. Doing things for a friend is always better than doing things for yourself.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I just need to know who you want to use.

I'm royally pissed off right now because I just bombed a Chemistry test and I might have to drop my internet life altogether in order to pass the class. :mad:

@ Glyph:

From what I've noticed in the past, most people sign up on Saturday and Sunday for tournaments and it's usually around 6-8 at night.
Give me an example of the chemistry you're studying.

College is FUN!

At least the tourney isn't for a while, though. And high school ftw.
It's too bad you won't be making it to college, huh, Glyph? But that's okay, I'm sure your High School will enjoy having you there for another four years.

My character is R.O.B.
Uhg, this is even more discouraging than I thought. I'm already preparing myself by seeing where I can grab and where I can't, because ROB is a pain.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
It's too bad you won't be making it to college, huh, Glyph? But that's okay, I'm sure your High School will enjoy having you there for another four years.
I've got over a 4.0 gpa, several AP and DE classes, and I got 99th percentile on the math section of the SAT.

So yeah, I'm pretty much screwed.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
"I have a friend/brother/sister/cousin/land lord/insurance agent who wants to play too; can they enter?"

I lol'd at landlord and now my brother is signing up with Rob.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've got over a 4.0 gpa, several AP and DE classes, and I got 99th percentile on the math section of the SAT.

So yeah, I'm pretty much screwed.
Be aware that colleges look at a three leg system to determine who gets in and who does not. AP courses mean not so much, they look good and that's all. You should only be taking AP courses you're actually interested in, but if you're naming them because you play on testing out of classes in college that's stupid because you WANT classes you'll major in.

My school district (probably even the state) doesn't have DE Classes, however, know that some schools have a more challenging curriculum than others; so, if you're coming from somewhere where a 90% is an A, you're not going to be looked at in the same manner you hope.

Sure you may have got the 99th percentile, the bottom 99th percentile.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ouc h

But yeah, we're 94% for an A. And most of my AP classes are math or history. I actually hate history with a passion, but I'm fine with math.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gryphon is learning...

I like that.

@Pro. That's about 95 above the highest possible GPA. Needless to say, I'm very impressed.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I don't near the work ethic to constantly maintain perfect scores. I'll do what's required and score just enough to maintain As with a slight cushion so I never have to worry about a B or C here or there. However, intelligence is NOT academic, it's based on capacity. So for everyone here who wants to come and lie about there grades, know that intelligence is capacity-based and NOT academic. All high academic scores do is show you you're work ethic and how well you handle work load.

*Proud owner of a 96.3% GPA*

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Um, well
1) I'm not lying
2) Duh, I never said that grades = intelligence. But it's truth that you need both that and work ethic to truly be successful.
3) I'm not going to get into a debate as to what equals intelligence.
4) I don't nearly try hard enough to reach my potential, yet I still do as well as I do. /modest

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah, lets agree that school doesn't mean squat.

Top Bottom