• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I think im gonna cast out a new vote for panalists.

It makes sense and i think its something that should be done every 6 months.

Since the first group of panalists was made in june/july, it seems fitting to make another group of panalists this comming janurary, and let them go over everything from the last pr till then.

I believe an update in the Pr should take place in Feburary as well, under the consideration of new panalists.

Here is a quick list of people I personally think should be considered and whom i believe are MOST qualified.

Myself

Gmoney (you can argue if he's biased or stupid, i dont care, hes always put alot of thought into everything he's said, usually backs up alot of it, and works the hardest gathering results and starting discussions. alot of the work put in isn't seen since its all behind the scenes, but i can honestly say things would move alot slower/less efficient without him there driving it along.

Afro-duh?

Hrnut-if people are worried he'll be conceded, dont. one persons word doesnt make the list change. if something he states is viewed as inaccurate by the rest of the panalists, it will be brought up and he will be given the chance to display his argument. There has to be a group consensus for anything to really get approved. The reason this idea of group consensus hasn't worked out in the past PR's as well is cuz toward the end of updates, other panalists weren't paying attention/doing jobs so it came down to me/gmoney/and rx primarily just agreeing on stuff. To do this right we need people that are all interested and commited. (sorry for this random rant)

Chops-if he still even cares about this game, but i know he will be the major dispute solver when it comes to logic and right/wrong.

CO18- actually i have never personally seen any bias from him, hes gained alot of respect from me recently, and usually gives plenty of input from his opinionn which to me seems to be mostly fact generated. again, theres a group of people to decide when shinanigens/bias occurs so no need for too much worry.

SonicGhost- doesnt go to many tournies, but pays close attention to results, the boards, and seems to be very interested in the smash community as it is. Would be a noteable discusser.

A little note to asspiring panalists, the group reserves the right to unnanimously vote someone out in extreme situations where enough people think behavior is inappropriate.

Thats about all I can think of AT THE MOMENT. If i left someone out, i appoligize.

Remember this is NOT the next group of panalists. This is just a quick list of people I think are currently most suitable for the job.

I will put up a new thread after next brawl gigs for an open discussion on the next group of panalists. The cut off date for votes should be New Years, i believe. So at the very least, please start thinking about it now. Don't post your opinions like i have in this thread, i was just jump starting the thought process. Anything any of you want to say in regards to specific people being panalists, please wait until i make the thread for that specifically.

Please continue with any further discussions to be had on the last/Next Pr's. As this is the PR's Discussion thread.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
CO18- actually i have never personally seen any bias from him, hes gained alot of respect from me recently, and usually gives plenty of input from his opinionn which to me seems to be mostly fact generated. again, theres a group of people to decide when shinanigens/bias occurs so no need for too much worry.
Idk about within FL itself, but he's shown massive bias towards his region when comparing to other ones, lol.

btw, lol @ your location.

Zoro

Smash Champion
i just did the power rankings for juuu

seibrik
afro thundah
hrnut
lambchops
co18
cdoc
gmoney
rx
colbol
hungrybox

eh? EH?????

no panelists needed

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think im gonna cast out a new vote for panalists.

Since the first group of panalists was made in june/july, it seems fitting to make another group of panalists this comming janurary,....

I believe an update in the Pr should take place in Feburary as well, under the consideration of new panalists.

Hrnut-if people are worried he'll be conceded, dont. one persons word doesnt make the list change. if something he states is viewed as inaccurate by the rest of the panalists, ... other panalists ...

A little note to asspiring panalists, the group reserves the right to unnanimously vote ....

Thats about all I can think of AT THE MOMENT. If i left someone out, i appoligize.

Remember this is NOT the next group of panalists...

I will put up a new thread after next brawl gigs for an open discussion on the next group of panalists... Anything any of you want to say in regards to specific people being panalists, please wait until i make the thread for that specifically.

footage=/=panalist sorry

again, not panal discussion...
It seems to me that all of these "panalists" should know the correct spelling is Panelist. We're not talking about honeycomb here.

Other instances of concern are "comming" being changed to Coming, "janurary" being January, "asspiring" to Aspiring (except maybe in certain people's cases...), "unnanimously" to Unanimously, and "appoligize" to Apologize.
And please somebody throw some apostrophes in there...

oooooon topic, I really hate for people vying for PR spots to be panelists, but I guess that can't be helped. HRNUT is a great choice, imo... I don't understand why the notes for bias were only put next to CFL/NFL guys.. but yeah.

Equi

Smash Ace
I still go to tourneys, and I can say I'm doing quite well in the Midwest so far. Won one. Overswarm is very good and there's some solid players here, but it is easy to say that FL is farrrrrrrrrrr superior just in terms of facts.

And alas, to those of you that thought I quit Brawl tournaments you're wrong. Lower me, take me off the PRs if you will but when I get back home I'm gonna start winning, I've gotten a lot better.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Oh, I find it funny that the guy who got 3stocked in both matches of a MM with me after introducing himself as the "best Diddy in FL" is calling people scrubs. This guy also made a bad (read as "Brawl") combo video... Too good.

I still like you, Lee.
But not your stupid color-coded posts.
;)

...:027:
I was a Brawl scrub back then, but most not all but most of FL are still Smash SCRUBS in general. Just ask Chops he will tell you the truth lolz.

And I didn't think my combo video was "that" bad was it?

Any ways I think I'm pretty much done with Diddy Kong, if I do decide to continue playing this game then I have a new main.

-lee-

OverLade

Smash Hero
I didnt want to get banned like Fearless...

So are there any smashers at Florida Gulf Coast or Florida Atlantic? I'd much rather be in orlando, but getting into college is top priority.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
cuz u are? might as well say my own dumb question if ur alowed to do that too. why do people dont think their bias? why do people act stupid?

eveyrone is a hypocrite eveyrone is somewhat bias wether u admit it or not
Of course everybody is slightly biased... but Seibrik made a special point to talk about Nick's bias... and yet, he didn't mention it on yours..

Obviously, Seibrik thinks HRNUT is going to present some kind of problem...that he himself, or you or one of several others don't. HRNUT, CO18, and Gmoney were all singled out... I don't know why. I mean, those are the CFL/NFL reps... so that may be it... but again, that's showing bias from Seibrik.. blah, why am I even in here?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Of course everybody is slightly biased... but Seibrik made a special point to talk about Nick's bias... and yet, he didn't mention it on yours..

Obviously, Seibrik thinks HRNUT is going to present some kind of problem...that he himself, or you or one of several others don't. HRNUT, CO18, and Gmoney were all singled out... I don't know why. I mean, those are the CFL/NFL reps... so that may be it... but again, that's showing bias from Seibrik.. blah, why am I even in here?
you make a really good point, none of SFL was singled out but when it comes to CFL/NFL we have to be watched?? Anyways seibrik is probably the most biased person on the PRs, i won't lie i can be biased but it will come with good reason, I don't say that a certain part of the state has to be watched because of where they are, i bet if i lived in SFL that comment wouldn't have been made. I'll say what i need to say if i become a panelist, if someone has a problem with what i say bring it to me so we can correct it, or so i can see your POV. If you think i'm gonna be biased don't put me as a Panelist

CO18

Smash Hero

Hmm noone said I was biased though.

That was just inui saying Im Biased to Florida which I am.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
tournament results are still too inconsistent to have a pr.

also, seibrik stop trying to take me off the panel and replace me with all these crazy biased people.

trash talker = not a good panelist.

Master Sonic Ghost Raven Dude might actually make a good panelist, since he DOESN'T trash talk, but unfortunately he never makes it to a gigs to see what goes down. You guys need to start bringing him.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the comments i made had nothing to do with region, i made a comment about sg too just not about bias, its just those are people ive heard OTHER people comment about, and i was just tryin to adress potential problems other people might bring up before they happened. i personally have no problem with any of them.

i didnt feel people would have a problem really with afro since its blatent hes either 1 or 2 at just about all times, u dont really have to worry about him being biased.

chops doesnt care about the game enough to be biased

and i just havn't ever heard, and neither has anyone else, SG make any bias remarks, or care in particular where he is on anything.

bias to me just seems like something where ur gonnna argue why u should be somewhere personally instead of workin to see where everyone else belongs as well, and i just wana avoid that if possible.

Master Raven

Smash Master
For now you can hogtie my parents and tranquilize them and bring me to Gigs for the whole day until I get my car next year!

Btw I would love to be a panelist lol. I'll do what it takes to get any involvement with the community here.

CO18

Smash Hero
Don't PR usually try to get a rep or 2 from each region?

I don't see why Rx- should be dropped. He doesn't seem biased at all.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i never thought he was, hes a fine panalist, and i didn't say he should be dropped, i was just throwin names out there i thought that needed to be brought up either
A:cuz they're additions
or
B: cuz they might have needed to be defended

the fact that i didnt mention rx is a good thing lol

but i dont think Linguini will remain there, or XyZ unless he continues goin to tournies, and.... yea

CO18

Smash Hero
i never thought he was, hes a fine panalist, and i didn't say he should be dropped, i was just throwin names out there i thought that needed to be brought up either
A:cuz they're additions
or
B: cuz they might have needed to be defended

the fact that i didnt mention rx is a good thing lol

but i dont think Linguini will remain there, or XyZ unless he continues goin to tournies, and.... yea

Alright I see.

Top Bottom