• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah that's true and CO/Lain didn't do THAT well together last time, but I think the brackets got them in this case. The team they lost to first round beat Atomsk/Inui. DMG and Dphat however, were knocked into losers by GDX and Chaz, so surprising that they lost to them.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
You are being dumb.

Chemistry is more important than skill level in teams. Yea I took that into consideration I know fully how good Lain is and Idk if youve even seen that man in person. Do no question my knowledge on this bull**** game.

In any case, Nick an Co would have done much better. Hrnut has more control with Snake than Lain does Mk, and Hrnut and Co once again, can work teams with more confidence and control since theyve done it for a hot minute.

And no Chaz an Gdx is a prime example of what competitive scenes call "sleeper teams".

Chaz is far better than most of us in teams an I want to give him top 20 teamate in the Nation.

Lade you can learn because it seems like you know alot an you dont. Gdx is a prime example of a very good player that suffers from harsh inconsistency. When he is on point, not many will beat him. He has his moments in doubles also.

So you have a team with a inconsistent amazing player and a consistent workhorse an bada bing bada boom! theres a team with potential to get top 3.

Please do not blast me on the boards again I get offended when you know me an you still hammer down for no apparent reason and with no logic.

OverLade

Smash Hero
For the sake of keeping the thread clean I'm not gonna argue.

But he could've just as easily lost no matter who he was teaming with. Him and Lain lost to 2 **** good teams, and assuming it was due to his partner is a mistake....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Why assume when it is obvious they would have one(lol edit won). Or atleast have a much better chance.

You are riding on Lains **** an not taking in any other information or facts, just focusing on how much potential Lain an Co have since they are 2 top players. Yes, Co an Hrnut is a much better team than Co an Lain im sorry you are wrong

OverLade

Smash Hero
Why assume when it is obvious they would have one(lol edit won). Or atleast have a much better chance.

You are riding on Lains **** an not taking in any other information or facts, just focusing on how much potential Lain an Co have since they are 2 top players. Yes, Co an Hrnut is a much better team than Co an Lain im sorry you are wrong
Ummm I think you're not taking in facts and being EXTREMELY regionally biased. I'm not riding Lain at all, you're riding HRNUT. What evidence do you have for saying Lain/CO isn't as good as HRNUT/CO. I'm not saying they're a better team or they're not a better team, I'm saying that assuming that HRNUT/CO is better than Lain/CO is already a mistake. You have no proof that they're a better team, or that the character/teamwork would've made any difference in them losing so early.

If CO18 had teamed with Afro/Seibrik/Mew2king/ and still lost then would you still blame the teammate and say "he should've teammed with HRNUT"? You liking HRNUT or not liking lain is the reason for your bias, because Lain is just as good as any of those 3....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol me too stafu...

an No you got it wrong Afro an Co wouldnt work. It wouldnt work out with Seibrik either. Play styles.

Ive seen them play. I like the way they mesh together as a team. Hrnut is hard to team with due to the way he plays and thinks. They work. Your just getting all hot an stuffy. An yes your riding lains **** u usually ride everyones D if there good Why cant I talk **** about someone who I dont think should be given credit? But thats not the case.

Im just sayin, They would have done better. An most def would not have lost to Dmg an Dphat good lord never.

Also just look at lains Mk vs Razers Mk...Razers fast an sparatic much better than Lains loose Mk(his style) against the prs i think. Hrnut isnt Loose by anymeans...its hard to explain. An i got mad by u saying it was a surprise dmg an dphat got beat by chaz an gdx thats where i got heated...

By no means that was a surprise.

Stafu I ****in love your avatar omg make me yours

OverLade

Smash Hero
So you're basically saying that you know all these players styles inside out and that you can mathematically simulate the outcome of the matchups simply from watching these people play.

Lain took a game off Ally's snake with MK, but regardless, you can't tell ANYTHING from videos anyway. Trying to judge how well people mesh/who would beat who/how good someone is from watching them is absolutely impossible. It's hard enough in singles, but in doubles there are even more factors, that you can't EVER predict how well people will do in teams.

That's why M2K and Bum got 5th in Teams, but 1st and 3rd in Singles. You're saying "on paper" HRNUT and CO's styles should mesh (which isn't possible to estimate in your head either) but you have to factor in SO MUCH stuff that you wouldn't know (You don't know anything about the Puerto rican team that beat them first round except the characters they use), and you've never been to Texas to play DMG and Dphat.

HRNUT+CO might beat people that CO+Lain wouldn't, but because brawl doubles is so unpredictable it could work both ways, and they might place just as badly. Besides they wouldn't have gotten the same bracekt if they had teammed anyway so there's always chance to factor in.

You saw them do badly, then chose to blame it on something. If they had done well you wouldn't have said anything...

PolMex23

Smash Champion
nah i was mad Hrnut didnt go an I was mad he chose lain because he should have had nick.

An yes, you can see peoples styles, interpret them, study, than figure them out good enough to know if they could work with person a or b.

Your just being stubborn an concrete. Open your mind an stop being ignorant. Brawl doubles is random but not unpredictable.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Stafu I ****in love your avatar omg make me yours
rofl we gotta make sweet tender luvin in a match. I need to get myself back together and improve my Marth.

Yo man, come to my house. I'll make your Marth nastee again.
I can't wait til classes start again so we can play all the time. I really need to play more.

OverLade

Smash Hero
nah i was mad Hrnut didnt go an I was mad he chose lain because he should have had nick.

An yes, you can see peoples styles, interpret them, study, than figure them out good enough to know if they could work with person a or b.

Your just being stubborn an concrete. Open your mind an stop being ignorant. Brawl doubles is random but not unpredictable.
That's impossible by WATCHING. By playing someone for months at a time mabye you can get an understanding of their playstyle, but that doesn't mean you can understand how they think.

Sure I could say M2K and Ally would work great as a team...because they're the 2 best players in the world. Of course they'd work well, but UTD Zac and Ultimate Razer were still able to take games off of them. Brawl doubles ISNT random, but it IS unpredictable, you've got it backwards. Ultimate Razer and UTD Zac, are two extremely good players, but based on common sense they shouldn't be able to touch Ally and M2K. Point is, you can't predict how well two people teaming will be able to fight against each other...Teams isn't pure skill, strategies are important as well, but skill also factors in.

So trying to measure a teams "skill" is impossible. That means you can't predict who will beat who in doubles. Because "in theory" doesn't apply due to various variables due to "players individual minsets at the time, matchup experience, team strategies, experience against team strategies, stages, and general teamwork". Throw that all in the mix and you've got something extremely unpredictable that nobody can realistically consistently predict if the teams keep changing.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lmfao me and DMG beat out fiction and m2k in pools to take first seed. Yeah we lost to Chaz and gdx but I'm confident that if we played again we would win. Btw this is DPhat.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
That's impossible by WATCHING. By playing someone for months at a time mabye you can get an understanding of their playstyle, but that doesn't mean you can understand how they think.

Sure I could say M2K and Ally would work great as a team...because they're the 2 best players in the world. Of course they'd work well, but UTD Zac and Ultimate Razer were still able to take games off of them. Brawl doubles ISNT random, but it IS unpredictable, you've got it backwards. Ultimate Razer and UTD Zac, are two extremely good players, but based on common sense they shouldn't be able to touch Ally and M2K. Point is, you can't predict how well two people teaming will be able to fight against each other...Teams isn't pure skill, strategies are important as well, but skill also factors in.

So trying to measure a teams "skill" is impossible. That means you can't predict who will beat who in doubles. Because "in theory" doesn't apply due to various variables due to "players individual minsets at the time, matchup experience, team strategies, experience against team strategies, stages, and general teamwork". Throw that all in the mix and you've got something extremely unpredictable that nobody can realistically consistently predict if the teams keep changing.
**** redhal going all philosophical and ****. rofl jk

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lmfao me and DMG beat out fiction and m2k in pools to take first seed. Yeah we lost to Chaz and gdx but I'm confident that if we played again we would win. Btw this is DPhat.
I swear to god everyone searches themselves...

Anyway, I was just using you guys as an example, im not comparing you to anyone or tryna start weird regional beef. :)

Can you give us any updates? :p

OverLade

Smash Hero
Awesome. You dont have to post here though, just post in the Genesis thread so everyone can get the info.

If you could post interesting pools upsets (Lain getting 2-0ed by FoW for example) that'd be really cool too.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
CO is amazing.
From what Chaz told me much earlier today, he got first in his pool, and GDX was doing well... CO hadn't started yet, so I dunno about him in singles.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Chaz is in losers and has won 3 rounds after losing to Weruop (olimr)

GDX lost to Hylians ICs 2nd round and is in losers.

CO18 won first 2 rounds and plays fiction next in brackets. Fiction beat him in a money match already, so good luck to him.

CO18 lost MM to SK92 1-2.

Melee*

If you haven't heard because you live under a rock, Aramda beat Mew2king and Dashizwiz in winners and is playing mango in Winners finals.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It's easy to land projectiles on a big target on DDD with T-Link, and it's easy to use D-air spikes on DDD's recovery. I hope that's one of the matches that was recorded. Good job for placing well Co18.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Shoutout to ma boiz CO and Juan. Good ****ing job guys
Oh, and good job in Dubz GDX(ronald) and chaz!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Hiroi - That Character as ur avatar is Aggravating to FIGHT!!! (Jin FTW :-p)

So I'm asuming that Rankings are gonna B updated soon?

Top Bottom