• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Help Thread

Masky

Smash Master
that first match was just silly, Olimar should have used all that time when Snake was ******* around on the platform to get a team of all purple pikmin or something

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Where is there evidence of this? I haven't seen any Snakes get badly ***** by Olimar.
I play KBM every single day? I've played Blackwaltz, Atomsk, Zori, Dabuz and a bunch of other good Oli's and have come to an agreement with them?

Where is your evidence that it ISN'T a bad matchup? Snake boards are in agreement that it is a ****ing hard matchup, Oli wrecks any approach and the only thing we have over him is once he's at the edge = dead.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I play KBM every single day? I've played Blackwaltz, Atomsk, Zori, Dabuz and a bunch of other good Oli's and have come to an agreement with them?

Where is your evidence that it ISN'T a bad matchup? Snake boards are in agreement that it is a ****ing hard matchup, Oli wrecks any approach and the only thing we have over him is once he's at the edge = dead.
lol chill your *** dude, I was just asking for evidence considering I haven't really heard of any particular notable Snakes getting ***** by Olimar. No need to jump at me for it.

Also I never said it wasn't (or was) a bad matchup.

CO18

Smash Hero
Umm this matchup is not that bad at all for Snake lol, I play it alot vs Top olimars. Prob like 55:45 snakes adv or even.
Its not easy but its definitley not that bad.

I love how one grab from snake is basically olimars stock or at least a shiz load of percent cuz of olimars garbage roll, you dont have to predict anything just react.

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, tech(not really tech with the garbage roll...)chasing with d-throw and edgeguarding are the best ways to deal with Oli. The problem is getting TO him. **** grabs

Also mah B Raven D: I just hate Oli (<3 KBM)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
problem is getting in there, in real tourney situations when stuff is on the line, its a very different difficult match...especially when you dont have the experience or help for the match-up its pretty ****ty, anyways olimar is hard to approach for snake IMO, cuz you have to guess between his grabs and fsmash, if you roll into him you'll eat a dsmash (which is spammable)

BTW ACORN SAYS OLI IS A ***** OF A CHARACTER LMAO

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl, EASILY this is not hard.
AT ALL.
It takes 1well timed grenade to get into a camping olimar. Once olimars hit with a single grenade you can approach. Olimar in the air is atrocious and easily approachable. The character is one of the lightest as well. Uptilt him at **** near 90%, PROBABLY earlier then 90. Its even easier to Powershield any of his moves and punish with a tilt. His grabs are kinda wierd to get around, but by no means is this matchup not 50/50. Its just requires alot of camping and making good use of the stage. Whoever controls the stage better/more often will win the matchup, period.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hrnut you should update the first post with large bits of good info that is posted or w/e in case people ask the same question.

Like afros post on Snake vs Wario.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Characters I need help to play against more is Olimar, Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, Bowser, Luigi, Peach, and Zero Suit Samus. Other than those, I know the match ups well against the others not mentioned.

CO18

Smash Hero
Alright I've sent an invite to Mostly everybody I could think of. If I forgot you please inform so I can invite you.
Check your notifications peeps

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Characters I need help to play against more is Olimar, Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, Bowser, Luigi, Peach, and Zero Suit Samus. Other than those, I know the match ups well against the others not mentioned.
I got you with Bowser and ZSS. When and where good sir?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I can help with Zelda/Sheik if people need help with them. When Gigs rolls around, I'm playing as many friendlies as possible since I have trouble putting the final touches on a match.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
If you want to learn how to deal with a ledge camping Pit/G&W, MKs that just sit there waiting to punish, and odd matchups that may come up in tournament, FIU is the place. We got lots of players for lots of matchups.

@Afro: You need to come down to FIU again. The day you were there I was mad busy so I didn't have time to play you but I need to play against good people.

Ruse

Fox
@HRNut: If you guys make it out to PCola this month I'd love to get in some mad serious friendlies with you. Only pro I've ever gotten to play is GMoney, and that was at least six months ago. Need some more top play exposure ):.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'll focus on everyone giving people the best OOS MK practice possible.

My play style is completely modeled after ATL North MKs so I can give everyone a good taste of what to expect if M2K, Forte, Plank, Spam come down.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I need to be as generic and gay as hungrybox but something inside me prevents me from doing so

what should i do?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i'll try to make it there if i do well do as many friendlies as you want

@Zoro
After Playing Brawl at a high level for so long i've noticed the only way to counter gay strategies is to learn them and counter them by just being plain out being better than the person, so if they decide to grab you all day, you camp them but you stay in their face, i'll show you what i mean at Wato, Playing Gay and Generic only works for so long, If you wanna get better just learn more tricks about the game and your character, i just learned like 10 new things that i didnt know in the last month thats helping me get closer and closer to beating D3s with snake...(the matchup that once felt like it was impossible) regardless, just get better with you character and watch vids of good players fighting other good players with the characters that you and hbox use, and utilize what works and avoid what doesnt

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
petey most likey the match is gonna be a waiting game, wario with random moves while he waits for mk to be aggressive/fvk up, and meta camping dairs waiting to get in on the wario.

its annoying lol

i have a proposal for gigs. all gigs.

Either

Option A: In between doubles and singles, there is a 1.5 hour break for friendlies, so we're not constantly getting kicked off the tv for tourny matches and we can do actual sets and teach stuff rather than single matches if we're lucky.

Option B: There are two good brawl tv's set up FOR friendlies with me/afro/hrnut/ect... that can be used the entire tourniment. for that to work however, there would need to be a real good amount of tvs, if gigs doesnt wana do this due to lack of tv's i'd understand as its up to fl to get better so FL has to come prepared to do so.

i think the same can be done at wato, or any tourny really, im only pointing out gigs since thats where everyone meets up the most.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I would bring an extra setup just to have for friendlies, but then Cecil would complain that we could be using it for tournament.

The only way to TRICK him is to get one with like Wolf still not unlocked, and that way he can't use it for tournament...

that's the pro method, i've heard.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Snake's dash attack can beat out most of what Olimar can do (including grabs) if you time it correctly...

It's probably not as useful as just timing grenades but I haven't seen anyone else mention it...:027:
Gmoney speaks the truth.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i've fought afro's wario once in tourney since i played mk, i havent fought him since but we did alot of friendlies with wario mk before the arcade renaissance tourney, it was pretty even, i've learned some tricks, u tilt is very useful against wario with mk

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
but people use wolf, get one without jiggs, almost no one if FL uses her

It's actually completely impossible to have a Wii with Wolf and not Jiggs.

Jiggs = first character you get. Wolf = last.

You'd have to keep fighting the Jiggs after every match until you unlocked him.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i've fought afro's wario once in tourney since i played mk, i havent fought him since but we did alot of friendlies with wario mk before the arcade renaissance tourney, it was pretty even, i've learned some tricks, u tilt is very useful against wario with mk
I feel like I know the matchup fine, but I wasn't playing my best in our Tourney match (compared to our MM) because I had accepted that I'd probably lose and was psyching myself for the losers bracket.

Not johning, because I likely would've still lost, but I wasn't playing as hard as I was in the MM.

Fastfalling Fairs as he airdodges toward you and punishing with SHnair/Dtilt/Utilt works wonders. In theory Wario has no real approaches on MK if you play safe enough, but keeping that kind of precision is taxing and difficult to do perfectly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man, I want to get better in both Melee and Brawl.

It makes me think, if TX got their **** together, how do they have their **** together? What do they have that lets them have their **** together? SUPER SAIYAN POWERS? MUST WE AWAKEN OUR POWERS THEN? [/corney joke]

Top Bottom