• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
No they aren't.
Marth is the main character in the 1st game, and Roy is the main character in the 6th game.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm not really familiar with Fire Emblem at all, so I'm asking a serious question here... are Roy and Marth from the same game? I mean, I heard they were both major characters in the recent game, but I'm talking about earlier games, like at around Melee. Are Roy and Marth from the same game?

Roy and Marth don't play a big role in the latest game, btw.

And yeah, different games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still wonder. Fire Emblem Awakening seems to just imply all over the place that most if not all of Fire Emblem happened on the same timeline.

I mean I know FE1, 2, 3, 11, 12, and 13 did for sure. But.

Chrom's saying things, as well as Priam existing, imply that 6, 7, 9, and 10 might also have happened? I dunno.

It's all weird, and if all of these continents physically exist on the same planet that's one impressive planet.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure a developer also one time mentioned that FE4 and FE5 take place in the same timeline as FE1,2, and 3, which makes sense considering Naga's presence in FE4, as well as the presence of the Deadlords and the Jugdral Holy Weapons in Awakening.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure a developer also one time mentioned that FE4 and FE5 take place in the same timeline as FE1,2, and 3, which makes sense considering Naga's presence in FE4, as well as the presence of the Deadlords and the Jugdral Holy Weapons in Awakening.
I remember hearing about that, isn't it something like...

Generation 1 of FE4 happens, FE5 happens, Generation 2 of FE4 happens, and then like a millenia passes before FE1/11 or something?

So I dunno with FE7 > FE6, or with FE9 > FE10.

But if I had to guess, the Tellius series would have happened between the Jugdral games and the Archanea games, and the Elibe games would have happened last simply because of dragons having been sealed away despite being prominent in most Fire Emblem games anyway.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, there are Taguel. But I figured there's no way Tellius would've happened after Archanea anyway.

So it'd be Tellius, Some time to Jugdral, a millenia until Archanea, Valentia happening during that... Then several thousand years to Awakening, and then Elibe?

What about Magvel. I don't know anything about FE8 that'd connect it anywhere.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I may only have played RD and Awakening only, but know a bit of the stories of the other games. Anyway, here are my thoughts.

First, Jugdral saga: FE4 Gen 1 -> FE4 Gen 2 with FE5 acting as a mid-quel.
Then, Akaneia saga: FE1 -> FE3 with FE2 being a side story that happens in a different continent, but within the same world, as confirmed by the creators themselves and both continents appear on Awakening.
Lastly, Awakening, which occurs centuries after FE3.

I believe that in FE7, there's the Dragon's Gate is a pathway to another world, which could be something like the Outrealm Gate. So, I think the Elibe saga happens in a different world, same for FE8 which could happen in the same world as the Elibe games, but in a distant continent.

FE9 and FE10 may actually happen in the same world as the Akaneia saga, but in a distant continent, so it can fit anywhere before Awakening. Or it could also be another alternate world that can be accessed via Outrealm Gates or something.

What we know is that Jugdral, Akaneia (later known as Ylisse) and Valentia (later known as Valm) are located in the same world. What I think is that Tellius can be either part of this same world or another world. Elibe and Magvel could be different continents of the same world.

It's kind of confusing, because Tellius, Elibe and Magvel could all be in different worlds, but how would the legends of these worlds be known by Chrom? Perhaps a world-traveller like Old Hubba wrote about those worlds and they became legends or maybe the continents all part of the same world and it's one big world.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Chrom does seem familiar with all of these legends, even upon discovering the outer realm gate. Elibe's dragon gate could be an outer realm gate in and of itself, or it could be a continent in a point after manaketes.

Tellius, though, is referenced by Panne. Priam, Ike's descendant, is found between Ylisse and Valm. And Chrom also seems familiar with the Radiant Hero.

So if I had to guess, Tellius probably happens in that millenia-long gap between Jugdral and Archanea on a distant continent. And Elibe probably happens after Awakening and Archanea, after dragons have been flushed into what is known as the dragon's gate.

Magvel, on the other hand, I haven't a clue. But the outer-realm gate doesn't account for how people are familiar with at the very least Tellius without being entirely aware of how the Outer Realms work.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I just always assumed that all FE games took place in the same universe, but on different continents.

Anyway, what would everyone here think if dismounting were brought back as a mechanic? And if the mechanic were tweaked so that it didn't force mounted units to use a different weapon when dismounted?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Didn't they mention a great flood that happened in Tellius that left all but that continent intact? I forgot the exact words of the lore, but I think it was sometime around the time Ashunera created the species, placing it long before her split and the war that had Altina, Soan, and Dheginsea. This could possibly put Tellius somewhere near the beginning, but I feel like there are problems with its placing there.

And just a thought I had about Chrom and the others knowing about the lore of the other games: they could have possibly have been fiction works (except probably the Hero of Blue Flames/Radiant Hero, Ike because of Priam's existence and Marth and anyone in FE1/2/3/11/12 for obvious reasons). The thing that made me think of this is how Heroic Spirits existed in the Fate series. Unless I'm mistaken, some of them are fictional characters whose name became famous at one point to become legends and are now Heroic Spirits. Not entirely sure, but if someone can explain this to me it might work out with FE: A.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Bumping to say that if anybody's looking to do another Awakening run, I highly recommend doing what I like to call a "No Broken S***" run - no MU, no Second Seals, no pair-ups, and no skirmishes/DLC. It plays almost like an entirely different FE game, and it forces you to actually make the most of this game's support/marriage mechanics. Lack of pair-ups means you fight enemies more or less on equal footing, raising the game's overall difficulty while making it more difficult to earn supports. You still get the advantages of dual-attacks/supports, but you have to work harder for them through proper positioning. No Second Seals means there's a limit to how much you can level-up your units, which makes recruiting children characters and incorporating them into the main game very much worthwhile for their extra skills and more importantly, their superior bases. No MU obviously means you don't get a busted character, though you could probably get a run that is more or less in the same spirit of this run if you wanted to allow MU.

I'm on Ch.18 now (Hard mode) and I'm definitely getting the sense that I'm going to need all the kids I can get in order to have the stats to deal with the end of the game. I didn't realize how important marriage planning would be until I recruited Lucina, when I realized how much of an asset those bases are. Luckily, I wound up with a pretty good distribution of males/females. So far, I've got Lucina and Kjelle (Chrom married Sully), I have Vaike!Owain and Gaius!Severa ready to be recruited, and Stahl!Noire and Lon'qu!Gerome hopefully coming up down the line. It's not going to be easy though...

tl;dr - Awakening Hard mode - no MU, no Second Seals, no pair-ups, no skirmishes/DLC, Final Destination. It's fun.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Now that I finally have a functioning 3DS, I restarted my Sacred Stones playthrough. I'm at chapter 4 and don't have a waifu yet.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm just gonna say Olivia is probably the only exception cause she can be Chrom's wife. and they didn't want players accidentally getting into a really hard paralogue right after chapter 13.

Paralogue 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all potenial Chrom wife paralogues

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm just gonna say Olivia is probably the only exception cause she can be Chrom's wife. and they didn't want players accidentally getting into a really hard paralogue right after chapter 13.
You forgot Cherche

Vashimus

Smash Master
Lucina died on my playthrough. :( She wasn't really as useful for me as other people seem to say though. Probably because Chrom married Maribelle made her weak physically. It's usually just Frederick, Sully and their daughter Kjelle running through enemy lines like tanks, and my other units supporting them.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
well duh they scale in difficulty with how later you get the parent. That's why Nah is the hardest one.
...I'm well aware of that. It was the degree of the change in difficulty that stuck me. Owain's chapter was a cakewalk, but Severa's chapter had me crash into a wall of Sages/Berserkers/Assassins that my team just wasn't up to handling. As I said though, the whole Rescue staff thing will make a huge difference.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey, this is my first FE game. I didn't know about this kind of stuff playing at first. ;(
This is an acceptable reason.

The general concensus as decided by me is that Olivia or Sumia are typically the preferred brides for Chrom because they give Lucina Pegasus Knight, and thus, Galeforce.

I am personally partial to ChromxOlivia because that gives Inigo Rightful King and some solid classes (since he already has Merc/Myrm/Barb), while also giving Lucina Myrm/Peg.

Sumia is probably the second best Lucina mother, because Knight/Peg. However, I HATE Cynthia, so I dislike this choice.

Sully is not an awful choice, as that gives a Kjelle with Aether, but then neither of the two get Galeforce.

Best pairing for Maribelle is Henry, IMO. Gives Brady the best class set for him and a fantastic bonus to base stats/growths for the magic/hybrid route.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
All aboard the hate train! Next stop;

Let's just stay here and keep hating on Cynthia.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Maribelle!Lucina does have a niche in Apotheosis, because Male Morgan with Vantage and Vengeance can wreck Apotheosis with Lucina, as an S Support and Dual Strike+ mean a 100% chance of Dual Strikes, with Maribelle giving Lucina the highest magic, since Sage will give Morgan the highest magic boost.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have some characters that have all five breaker skills. Is it a good idea to have such a skill set?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Might be increasing for a dodge unit. But breaker skills cancel each other out in the end.

Tbh don't use bow breaker and put a skill like sol to heal anything that does damage him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have some characters that have all five breaker skills. Is it a good idea to have such a skill set?
In some cases it's largely unnecessary. A Swordmaster doesn't really need Axe-breaker, for example. Usually if I have a breaker skill, it'll be for the part of the WT that I lost to.

Swordmaster with Lancebreaker, Zerker's with Swordbreaker, etc.

Top Bottom