• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I've just never really enjoyed it. To me it just feels... stilted. I don't really know how to describe it, lol.

It just doesn't "click" with me while I play it, unlike BB, Melty, or GG (the few times that I played it).

"I've just never really liked MvC. -shrug-"

Just press the quote button, lol. It lets you see what it says, and I do it all the time on my iPod.
You must really like air dashes

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Pretty much what Werekill said. It doesn't feel right when I play it. I also don't much care for versus games either. It just doesn't interest me.

Also, airdashing is GDLK.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pretty much what Werekill said. It doesn't feel right when I play it. I also don't much care for versus games either. It just doesn't interest me.

XD I'm usually not satisfied with the answer when people say they can't pinpoint exactly why they don't like things. It just sounds like they try not to like it or something. But everyone has their own tastes and opinion. I was just curious on the reason why if there was any.
As for air dashing, I don't mind if games have it or not. As long as everyone doesn't have similar air dashes.
Most everyone's air dashes in TvC felt too similar for me besides a select few. Melty did it nicely though.

Plus playing games without air dashing helps people learn how to approach in fighters lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
XD I'm usually not satisfied with the answer when people say they can't pinpoint exactly why they don't like things. It just sounds like they try not to like it or something. But everyone has their own tastes and opinion. I was just curious on the reason why if there was any.
Well, that is the reason though. If I don't like how a game feels, I won't really play it. KoF feels strangely limited, like the moves should go farther than they do. Arcana Heart (the first one, anyway) has a strange stiffness to it. Touhou has a weird floatiness. I just don't like how MvC2 feels. But like I said, I don't particularly enjoy versus games, and I'm not really interested in it. So, I don't really have any reason to like it.

As for air dashing, I don't mind if games have it or not. As long as everyone doesn't have similar air dashes.
Most everyone's air dashes in TvC felt too similar for me besides a select few. Melty did it nicely though.

Plus playing games without air dashing helps people learn how to approach in fighters lol.
I enjoy when games have airdashing. There's just a greater amount of freedom of movement. Crazier and more interesting (imo) stuff happens in airdashers. I can play games that don't have it like Street Fighter and whatnot. But generally, I prefer airdashers because I find them more fun.

Also, airdashing is just another way to approach.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I enjoy when games have airdashing. There's just a greater amount of freedom of movement. Crazier and more interesting (imo) stuff happens in airdashers. I can play games that don't have it like Street Fighter and whatnot. But generally, I prefer airdashers because I find them more fun.
Air dashing in GG and Melty were nice because the game had good air to air spacing, IMO.
TvC felt like it was just good for IAD rushdowns and that's it.

So I like it when air dashing is done right and is good for spacing than just plain rushdown.

Also, airdashing is just another way to approach.
Yeah, I just mean that some people think that just because a game has air dashing, think that it's the only solid way to approach. You can see this in BB a lot when people air dash to get in and end up eating an attack because their air dash was spaced wrong. I'll throw a lobelia in their face when they start their air dash and they wonder what they're doing wrong.

And when a game doesn't have air dashing, people always seem to jump to approach instead of just walking.

Like in Melee, just because there's WDing doesn't mean that should be your main tool in movement.
WDing is there when the situation calls for it.

Edit: Of course, this has nothing to do with higher competitive play since those people know how to approach.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Don't flame me for this, I suppose I should ask on Marth Q&A, but in Brawl...

How can I downsmash Snake off the stage with Dair when he has his Up-B flying thing? Is there an angle I need to hit, or is it impossible? (Yes, I suck..)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Don't flame me for this, I suppose I should ask on Marth Q&A, but in Brawl...

How can I downsmash Snake off the stage with Dair when he has his Up-B flying thing? Is there an angle I need to hit, or is it impossible? (Yes, I suck..)
Downsmash as in... spike them downwards to their death...? If Snake is recovering below the stage you can face away and hit him with the back part for an easy mode kill. If they are recovering at mid-screen height then go for a Bair, it's easier to tip the later it hits, if he's really high then try to bait airdodges and Psuedostick 'nades then punish with Upair or Uptilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcG1IaH8rjA

I don't get it...........................
Lol Balrog is the most consistently ******** creature in existence. I don't know the exact details on TAP, but apparently it can charge stronger and stronger with each second held.

In other news, I borrowed CvS2 for Xbox original from a fighting game buddy and...... 360 can't play it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Downsmash as in... spike them downwards to their death...? If Snake is recovering below the stage you can face away and hit him with the back part for an easy mode kill. If they are recovering at mid-screen height then go for a Bair, it's easier to tip the later it hits, if he's really high then try to bait airdodges and Psuedostick 'nades then punish with Upair or Uptilt.

Lol Balrog is the most consistently ******** creature in existence. I don't know the exact details on TAP, but apparently it can charge stronger and stronger with each second held.

In other news, I borrowed CvS2 for Xbox original from a fighting game buddy and...... 360 can't play it.
Actually figured it out today, =D I R getting there. I have to get my Youtube linked and post some vids, I've gotten really good videos >_>. And ironically, I've done some neat stuff with Ganondorf. I know he sucks, but I Warlocked Snake I was falling off Final Destination, killed him, but I died too =/

Still was epic xD

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Lol Balrog is the most consistently ******** creature in existence. I don't know the exact details on TAP, but apparently it can charge stronger and stronger with each second held..
It takes like half of the match to get to 10 if it got stronger each second that would be broken.
& i think he Had TAP since CE

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's been a while since I've played anything similar to both. I've been out of it on fighting games, I guess the better question is:

Blazblue offers What to What SSF4 offers?

Nevermind, going to get both probably.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty they offer the same features, more or less. Tutorial, Arcade, Challenge, Versus, Training, etc. I think SSFIV's online is better, but I don't really know because I rarely play online in either game.

BlazBlue is more balanced and more fun imo. But that's imo. I'm sure other people will disagree.

/mytwocents

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, its like this. I'm getting a ps3 and Sonic colors(or SMG, depends)on Christmas. I'm getting Dragon Age (Bundle), FFXIII, Infamous, and two other games. SSF4/Blazblue fill up one slot, but the other could be the other fighting game, ninja gaiden sigma 2, or demon's soul. Since ninja gaiden would be overuled by infamous, I'd rather not. So it comes down between those two. I really think I'd rather just have both fighters though, xD So question dumb was dumb

Other Question: I save Brawl vids to my SD Card. (or copy rather) How do I get them on Youtube? what do I convert the .bin files too? I need a converter me thinks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well at the very least I can say this.

Get Mario Galaxy over Sonic Colors.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm pretty they offer the same features, more or less. Tutorial, Arcade, Challenge, Versus, Training, etc. I think SSFIV's online is better, but I don't really know because I rarely play online in either game.

BlazBlue is more balanced and more fun imo. But that's imo. I'm sure other people will disagree.

/mytwocents
Rachel.....
Is far from being able to compete with the stronger characters :(

So if I was getting one fighter, SSF4 or Blazblue CS
I would say just play what ever you have more fun playing.
but if your just buying 1 of the games i would recommend SSF4

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
cvs2 wouldn't have been as competitive if it wasn't for rc.
yeah but all i said was that a lot of people hated it. It makes zoning characters a lot worse (even sagat doesnt zone that well. But he had other things that made him amazing).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Probably just getting both, but does anyone know how to take brawl vids from SD card and make them into uploadable youtube vids?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think SSFIV is way more balanced than BBCS...
As for fun, I don't know. I'd rather play something else than those two games. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Shimazu, just play both at a friend's house if you can and get whichever one you like more.

Also, get Mario Galaxy over Sonic Colors. I don't even know why you're debating that.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Demons' souls and SMG are arguably the best games on their respective consoles.

dunno why you would get other games (if you enjoy those types of games of course)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Shimazu, just play both at a friend's house if you can and get whichever one you like more.

Also, get Mario Galaxy over Sonic Colors. I don't even know why you're debating that.
Because I haven't played a decent Sonic game in 10 years, and just beat SMG2

Or rent or borrow them. :I
I played both, probably getting both. I think they're fun

Demons' souls and SMG are arguably the best games on their respective consoles.

dunno why you would get other games (if you enjoy those types of games of course)
Well..to be honest, with ps3, my gf wants Dragon Age and Infamous (I want those too though), I want FFXIII (more of a collector thing), SSFIV and Blazblue CS. I could either get Mario or Demon's Soul, but the problem is I'm craving a jrpg, and as good as Dragon Age is it isn't jrpg. And FFXIII doesn't really count.

Star Ocean 4 actually looks pretty nice if you overlook the usual jrpg cliche storyline.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ See thing is, I'd like Tales of Vesperia, but the whole 360 thing is a problem. I'm getting a ps3, and it isn't on there yet. (Rumor is it will be) Is SO4 bad or something? I really wanted non-lolgamespot opinions.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
From what I hear, it's not an amazing or terrible game. It's just okay. If you're a fan of JRPGs, you'll probably like it.

I haven't actually played it myself though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah. I'd probably be far less skeptical if it wasn't for the fact the only SO I played was 3. And three was very meh. I hear 1 and 2 are amazing though.

Top Bottom