• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
YES! Finally!
And then I realize French Bread's PS3 netcode is probably gonna suck.

But yeah, I want this.
Apparently ASW is in charge of the port, so here's hoping they provide us one of their better netcodes.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Apparently ASW is in charge of the port, so here's hoping they provide us one of their better netcodes.
Cool, I hope that's the case.

There's no way this game will be popular outside of Japan, so an acceptable netcode is a must.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's because the PSN blackout ruined that game. The online community just died.

It's supposed to be getting an update though, I think.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I recently started getting into Blazblue early Febuary with Continuum Shift Extend which I already played a bit of before when it came out for the PSVita's playstation plus line up when I still had my Vita but only then I just sampled it and it wasn't until Febuary that I decided "I think I want to learn a new fighting game, Blazblue was fun when I played it briefly on the Vita maybe I'll settle for that and see how that goes."

I gotta say, I think that was the best decision I made in a long time because now I friggin love Blazblue, I love the characters, I love the story (Even though it can drag at times but the characters kept me interested.), the move sets all felt super unique (Well to me anyway, I don't know how many characters in Blazblue have similar move sets to those in Guilty Gear cause I haven't touched a Guilty Gear game though after playing Blazblue I'm interested in Guilty Gear and Persona 4 Arena now.) and I love the music, in fact the characters I chose to get good with were the ones who's battle themes I love best, and that's how I discovered Mu-12 (I'll admit I started using her before completing the story mode.)

I enjoyed Continuum Shift so much that I decided I wanted to invest in Chrono Phantasma, I even went for the Limited Edition and from then on Blazblue became the fighting game I'm most active in.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The only full fighting game thread and its dead. Can we revive it with all the fighting games announced recently like Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V, etc?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Only if nerds want to. Alot of us FG nerds are spread out as hell and a few of us are in the Project M Social Thread lololol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Old news, but I'm excited that Charlie is coming back. Kinda. He was my main in SFA and I love him, but I'm not sure how I feel about him coming back after he was presumably killed in an explosion that looked like an atomic bomb. Even if he appears to be part robotic, the rest of him couldn't have possibly survived that blast. Feels a bit like they are milking a franchise when they bring back a character considered dead for a decade and a half.

EDIT:
Video of Charlie's presumed death:

Teaser for Charlie's return:

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been a long time fighting game fan since Super Smash Bros 64 and Tekken 3.

I'm pretty much excited for future upcoming fighting game titles such as Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Mortal Kombat X for this year.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I've been a long time fighting game fan since Super Smash Bros 64 and Tekken 3.

I'm pretty much excited for future upcoming fighting game titles such as Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Mortal Kombat X for this year.
Don't forget Pokken Tournament in the arcades!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There's so many options now. Kinda crazy how we have way too many to fit in Evo constantly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm actually pretty excited for Pokken, other than that nothing really gets my attention, nothing seems really new or extraordinary.

Top Bottom