• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GG's probably my favorite in terms of burst. Small hitbox, slow, can be thrown, etc. It's risky, but a blocked burst doesn't always lead to a punish either, and can lead to just more pressure. P4A's pretty cool too with the ways you can use it (but the reward is rather high imo). Too easy to kill people early in a match. Least favorite for me goes to any BB game before CP and TvC CGoH (UAS was better).

I don't mind bursts too much as long as the developer knows how to implement them. If it's put in with thought, that's fine.
I just don't want one as a pure backup plan against infinites. It's those ones that feel more lazy or games with less confidence on balance to me.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm always absolutely shocked when people Burst me out of the first meterless combo I land 5 seconds into a round.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
A burst mechanic should always exist in any fighting game that has long, very damaging impossible to escape combos.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Some TvC-related news: I just found the active Facebook group for its tournament community, so my Dolphin netplay revival may gain a lot of momentum. Wheeeeeeeeeee~

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Some TvC-related news: I just found the active Facebook group for its tournament community, so my Dolphin netplay revival may gain a lot of momentum. Wheeeeeeeeeee~
Curiosity question: How good of a computer do you think I should have to get the Dolphin Emulator (specifically to play TvC)? My computer isn't the best, and I want to play. I just don't want to waste time with a download if I can't even play it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Curiosity question: How good of a computer do you think I should have to get the Dolphin Emulator (specifically to play TvC)? My computer isn't the best, and I want to play. I just don't want to waste time with a download if I can't even play it.
Minimum Requirements (480p/60 FPS):
Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom X2 555
RAM: 2 GB DDR2
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or AMD Radeon HD 4770
Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit or Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" 32-bit
Hard Drive Space: 5 GB free

Recommended Specifications (1080p/60 FPS):
Processor:
Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom X6 1090T
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" 64-bit
Honestly, not too demanding.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Honestly, not too demanding.
thank you. i may have a little bit of trouble playing it still haha, but i may be able to lower the settings (?). cuz when i say my computer isn't the best i mean it lol

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
No one is in the TvC chat. I am slightly disappointed.
Well, more accurately, one of us was indisposed and the other one is semi-permanently AFK. It's the nature of things. We'll probably see an upswing in activity in a month or so after Wi-Fi shuts down.

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
Oh by the way, I heard that there's an active TvC community in Japan. This happened a long while back, but still way after the game died in the West. While most Japanese aren't proficient with English and the services they use online are very different making things difficult, it might be something interesting to look into.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's Japan every game is alive over there lol. Only place to watch HNK and Garou tourneys still :(

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Point still stands they still hold tournies for games that we don't over here and it's nice to watch them every once in a while like Rival Schools and such.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

So, apparently this is a thing. I'm really late to the party. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it prior to today. It even has a working netplay client. You can grab a partially translated version here.

LK xx LK xx HK xx HP Poison Jab

GENGAR2STRONG

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
At least he's up front about. I still wanna play the game regardless though but dropping all that money is no bueno for a poor college student like me, Also CD JR was flipping out about and Keits is the combat lead at Iron Galaxy for the game as well.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

But seriously, I'm really glad to have it back in, even though I do admit the timing and situation surrounding it to be a wee bit sketchy. Hopefully the late announcement won't hinder sign-ups and the entry numbers too much.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It will a little bit but not many cause Tekken community is older with family and jobs and all that also when the whole TTT2 not being at EVO thing happened people got pissed and some decided to host a Tekken tourney in ATL during EVO weekend but since EVO has TTT2 now then people are gonna go to EVO if they have the funds but I know that ATL tekken players don't go to EVO anyway so it's whatever. I won't go cause I'm outta practice and poor college student and all that but I am trying to go to UFGT10 if I can get the money in a month.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Despite still not having an arcade stick I think I'm starting to improve sllightly in 3rd Strike.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Despite still not having an arcade stick I think I'm starting to improve sllightly in 3rd Strike.
I either use a 6-button pad or stick when I play 3rd Strike.

That's my Mad Catz SE stick in the background that I modded with Sanwa parts. Been thinking about selling it to help pay for my Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I play stick only for 2d games and Pad for 3d games IDK why that's just how I roll and man I need a 360 stick soo bad :( .

In other news Eddie nonsense are starting to begin again.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
YES! Finally!
And then I realize French Bread's PS3 netcode is probably gonna suck.

But yeah, I want this.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I totally forgot about that game, even though I remember hearing it was supposed to be good. But...I think I'll probably hold off on getting it, citing what wound up happening with Arcana Heart 3.

Top Bottom