• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, when I mentioned getting other equipment, I was referring to a TV Tuner. My current TV cost $300 and the cost of getting an HD TV Tuner would probably cost me more than my current TV and I lose connection options as monitors have fewer ports.

If you're looking for an HDTV, check through this thread and see if you get an answer:
http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-definitive-hdtv-lag-faq-174085/

I thought about getting something like HD Fury or VGA cables, but I hear it's a gamble (did I say that already)? Besides, I can bring a monitor to tournaments much more easily than a regular TV.
I bought a hdtv recently.

I got LED LCD 1080p HDTV, as it sounded the best next to 3D. I also made sure it was Vizio, though Samsung is just as good. It was normally 300, but it was marked down to 230. It's 22"

Most people laugh and say it's too small, but I love it. My Wii plays amazingly 540P now, and my PS3 I'm getting this Christmas will be beautiful =]

Though, in like Febuary I'll probably get a 32" TV (I need two anyways), so...

Edit: Is Tasnuko (sp) Vs Capcom any good?

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
SF and KoF are good fighters that I play.

But they're better when they're combined.
Then it's a SNK vs. Capcom match-up.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Vanguard Princess is fun, but my computer is garbage, so it doesn't really run well.

TvC is boring as hell. Everyone has the same air combo.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
as long as you're not playing Yatterman-2, Tekkaman Blade, Ryu, or Gold Lightan, yeah.
There are no excessively strong characters. There are 2 terrible characters (V. Joe and Lightan), but aside from that it is almost always a balanced game. Yatterman-2 has that really gay super, but she doesn't hit hard and she doesn't have the best options and she has a bad assist/crossover counter, Tekkaman Blade has a lot of range and damage, but his pressure is very lacking and his defensive options and mobility are not that great. Ryu has a stupid air game and great combos, but his mixups are not especially strong and he doesn't build meter that well.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
/facepalm

There are no excessively strong characters. There are 2 terrible characters (V. Joe and Lightan), but aside from that it is almost always a balanced game. Yatterman-2 has that really gay super, but she doesn't hit hard and she doesn't have the best options and she has a bad assist/crossover counter, Tekkaman Blade has a lot of range and damage, but his pressure is very lacking and his defensive options and mobility are not that great. Ryu has a stupid air game and great combos, but his mixups are not especially strong and he doesn't build meter that well.
A team of Y2, Blade, or Ryu together is ****.

VJ isn't as bad as initially thought of.

If you pick Lightan you will only win if your opponent sucks, that's it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
TvC is boring as hell. Everyone has the same air combo.
Same goes for Melty. Just sayin'... (and I somewhat play Melty)
And while I'm not into TvC, you'd be surprised at the combos you can do in there.

Even TvC UAS had some pretty cool combos from what I remember.
Not a lot of people played the game long enough to think outside of the box.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
/facepalm

A team of Y2, Blade, or Ryu together is ****.

VJ isn't as bad as initially thought of.

If you pick Lightan you will only win if your opponent sucks, that's it.
I have no idea what you are trying to refute, especially given that you stated that you facepalmed, meaning you object to what I said. I agree that they are strong characters, but not overpowered enough to declare the game unbalanced. A lot of characters are strong.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have no idea what you are trying to refute, especially given that you stated that you facepalmed, meaning you object to what I said. I agree that they are strong characters, but not overpowered enough to declare the game unbalanced. A lot of characters are strong.
I was facepalming to the "I don't like MvC 2" statements.

No, the game is hardly what can be called unbalanced, don't get me wrong, but TekkamanBlade/Ryu are Yatterman-2/Ryu are incredibly strong teams. Pretty much everyone has an equal chance (cept Lightan), but that team is so easy to play and get good results.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ah, ok.

I can see where the hate is coming from. Any team is strong with Ryu, he's a great assist with a great Crossover Counter and he's a strong point character as well. They may not break the game, but some teams can be really gay.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, why am I not allowed to not like MvC2? :I

/doublenegative

Also, air combos in Melty are terrifying. But I get what you're saying. :3c

Wrath`

Smash Master
DC>Marvel

I only played MvC2 once, and was pretty fun and hectic, especial when me and my friend did an all servebot match, that took so long.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Haha, I've heard that, but yeah, it doesn't sound that great. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been like Marvel vs DCU or SF vs MK yet as I'm sure everyone wants them.

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
I picked up TvC recently and I have mixed feelings. ZER0 is way too broken. Most teams with zero will 90% of the time end up camping and double spamming his projectile, as if all of his moves don't combo into each other. I just don't have an answer to crush zero effectively.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Game looks fun, but I'm getting a ps3, and SSF4/Blazblue look better.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I picked up TvC recently and I have mixed feelings. ZER0 is way too broken. Most teams with zero will 90% of the time end up camping and double spamming his projectile, as if all of his moves don't combo into each other. I just don't have an answer to crush zero effectively.
I don't know if what I remember is right, but Zero's one of projectile is a charge move.
It isn't good for camping, and you can't spam it unless someone is using the Wii Remote.
Or maybe you're talking about some other projectile. I don't know then since I don't use Zero.

But yeah, I don't think Zero players are supposed to camp. He's all rushdown.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Zero has a charge move projectile and the Z-buster which charges up to 3 levels when you hold any attack button. You can switch from whatever button to another and still hold the charge. It fires on the ground straight and in the air diagonally. Zero can camp very well in certain matchups.

You'll figure out how to fight him eventually. My advice is stay above him and be patient.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Is this online?

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
Zero has a charge move projectile and the Z-buster which charges up to 3 levels when you hold any attack button. You can switch from whatever button to another and still hold the charge. It fires on the ground straight and in the air diagonally. Zero can camp very well in certain matchups.

You'll figure out how to fight him eventually. My advice is stay above him and be patient.

Thanks for the advice. I meant the projectile he slashes out, not the buster. Combined with one of his specials (quartercirlcle back i think) he then shoots two zbusters/sabers. :mad:
I'll try and work on my air game and working with moves that hit high.

@hemightbegaints yes im talking about online.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zero is made of construction paper. Find a character whose meterless, assistless BnBs do about 14K+ (usually equates to 16-20K with meter) and you should be able to put him on the ropes pretty well.

Ryu, Chun, and Tekkaman Blade can all do this and end their BnBs with supers for extra damage. Other probably can too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love Marvel. I don't see what's bad about it. And tiers isn't a good excuse because tiers aren't that bad unless you're playing with competitive people that truly know the game.

Oh well. I'm actually interested in why Lythium and Werekill don't like it, just out of curiosity.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I love Marvel. I don't see what's bad about it. And tiers isn't a good excuse because tiers aren't that bad unless you're playing with competitive people that truly know the game.

Oh well. I'm actually interested in why Lythium and Werekill don't like it, just out of curiosity.
I've just never really enjoyed it. To me it just feels... stilted. I don't really know how to describe it, lol.

It just doesn't "click" with me while I play it, unlike BB, Melty, or GG (the few times that I played it).

tell me what that spoiler says, i cant highlight on a phone. :/
"I've just never really liked MvC. -shrug-"

Just press the quote button, lol. It lets you see what it says, and I do it all the time on my iPod.

Top Bottom