• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just recently got into 2D fighters a year ago when my friends started playing SFIV and BB:CT. I am not that good cause I don't like putting much time into learning combos, I keep saying I am going to learn some BnB, but I end up playing and RPG instead........

Anway
SSFVI: Cody
BB:CT: Bang
BB:CS: Noel/Bang for THE THEME SONG!!!!!!!(don't actualy main Bang in CS)
Melee: Roy/Ganon
Brawl: Lucas/Wolf/Ike

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just felt like I understood the flow of 3S better. Also, there was parrying.

I used Ibuki.
Well, I don't know what to say since that doesn't help tell me much.

But going off on what you said about using Ibuki in 3rd Strike, I suggest using someone like Cammy. SSFIV Ibuki feels different and relies a lot on knock downs which might feel weird at first.

Cammy's a good choice since she rushdown, with great tools and good footsies.
She can be technical because of her links and combos, but she really isn't all that hard to pick up.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at the roster, who haven't you tried yet. It sounds like you've only tried out a chunk. Also, since you mentioned air dasher fighters, what was your style in those games? If it goes as planned, I might go for Bridget in Guilty Gear since I looked at Fuerte's dash and compared it to Bridget's HS yo-yo for mixup potential (opposite direction but it may apply).

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've tried everyone, at some point. I was just giving examples. I'll keep trying different characters, but it's frustrating because I'm at the point where I would like to learn more about a character, but I need to actually work on finding one.

I dunno, I play Noel/Mu in BlazBlue, I-No/Baiken in Guilty Gear, Maids/Ryougi in Melty, etc. Dunno if that helps. :I

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know really since I only really know about the first two. I don't know how Mega ***** and girl Kenshin play. I know little to nothing on Melty Blood.

Maybe Juri? I don't know.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Play Viper. That's what like everyone does when they go from GG to SF.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
FlashMetroid still plays Viper in tourney because Makoto is terrible.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For the longest time, even outside of fighting games, I typically used girls. The sole exceptions have been most of my mains in Smash (save for Peach and Zamus since there are so few girl characters), Fuerte, and possibly Bridget (lol I know). I think it just ended up that way because the girl characters were often the quick ones and that has typically been my playstyle. Another reason is that I thought the girls were pretty/cute and I have never liked to see girls cry.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If Lei-Lei was a morbidly obese, blind, paraplegic, deaf, dumb, and balding old man with bad hygiene, if it still played the same, I would play.

Ditto for Baiken, B. Jennet, Elena, Sarah Bryant, etc.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, gameplay style is way more important than character aesthetics.

In theory at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually tend to go for which characters draw my attention rather than playstyle.
I know that isn't a good thing, but it's actually been working out. All the characters I like fit my style.

Sadly, I notice I use a lot of loli characters. Len, Miyako, Rachel, and once she's out, Platinum. I also like using May and Bridget (lol, yeah yeah).
Maybe I'm missing some. Either way, that's not a good thing and doesn't represent my tastes in real life. lol

Luckily that trend for me doesn't happen in SF since it can't.
My character selection in SF is pretty varied, IMO.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Strangely enough, I've only played the first Arcana Heart (well, the US one) only once and I wasn't hooked.
And I didn't go for those types of characters. I used Kamui.

I couldn't get into AH, but I'll definitely give AH3 a shot. Weiss looks kinda cool too, so I might try using her along with Kamui.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
So, for all of my life I've always looked for and played guilty gear games uncompetetively until ggxxac
I always pick Eddie (and it turns out I wasn't spamming. I was good)
what about you guys?

cutter

Smash Champion
When it comes to picking characters, I love picking ones that make people wonder who the hell I'm fighting them with (B.B. Hood in VS/MvC2, G&W in Smash, and soon to be MODOK in MvC3). Seriously, I can't help but laugh when someone like Iron Man gets his *** handed to him by a little girl with an uzi, G&W 9s someone or unloads Oil Panic for an instant kill, and MODOK's ability to fill the screen with shizz will most certainly piss off many players.

But I like playing "normal" characters too. The more off-the-wall ones are just ones I like to gravitate to at times.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I used to play Faust and May. And then when I tried to introduce people to the game, they all played Faust and May. So... now I play I-No and Baiken. Because no one can do the inputs for I-No, and no one has the reaction time to counter with Baiken.

@Minato: if it's any consolation, I hear that AH3 plays much more smoothly than previous AH games.

Oh, and I played SSFIV last night for ages, and I picked Juri. :3c

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I didn't get to play much Guilty Gear, what are I-No's input's?

And you picked Juri; who'd think my shot in the dark would hit the target? Don't forget to look at her changes when they put them up. Supposedly, doing the Senpusha kick and fireball is much smoother now. Does anyone know if her attack names are in Korean? I know there's no Tu character in Japanese (Kasatushi, her command taunt).

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, she has some pretty standard inputs for specials (214, j.236, 43216, etc.), but H/VCL is 632146 K or S, and that's only a special. One of her supers is j.2143216S. It's pretty hard to combo into, and it's pretty obvious when you're trying to buffer it by jumping, so it doesn't really work. :I

Her FRCs are also bananas. HCL>6FRC6. Apparently, it takes, like, a year to learn.
Obviously I haven't learned how yet.

Good to know about Juri. I'm just learning what most of her moves do at this point. It was between her and Chun, and charge characters are not my forte.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Her FRCs are also bananas. HCL>6FRC6. Apparently, it takes, like, a year to learn.
Obviously I haven't learned how yet.
I can do that around 3 out of 5 times, but it took my so long until I finally got it the first time! I was stressing out because I thought I was doing it wrong, but it turned out that I was not fast enough! No doubt that is one of the hardest things I had to learn in a fighting game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExvIWy5F91U

Gates

Banned via Warnings
"Good Online Play" is an oxymoron.

So does anyone here play KoF? I've been considering looking into it for a while.

Top Bottom