• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
@GigaBowser: Raph and Wingnut are def the best chars. Raphs Fireball traps are just too good. Chromedomes fun but he's terrible until you can set up his unblockable.
i was thinking of subbing chrome and shredder. also for comboing is it 1 frame link cause i have a hard time doing comboes (yea i'm not that good xp)?

also while i'm on this subject. some vids of "skilled" tmnt tf players if that's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqTrpkHcd4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDZ2C_591A&feature=related

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i was thinking of subbing chrome and shredder. also for comboing is it 1 frame link cause i have a hard time doing comboes (yea i'm not that good xp)?
Nah, Comboes aren't big in this game. Shredder does basic jabs into dash punches and CD doesn't really combo at all.

also while i'm on this subject. some vids of "skilled" tmnt tf players if that's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqTrpkHcd4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDZ2C_591A&feature=related
I love these matches. This is literally one of the only games I've ever played where you can learn how to do high level stuff in 2 weeks.

cutter

Smash Champion
@zman: If you like grapplers then youll like Victor. He's one of the worst but vs is really balanced (until you get to anakaris, who is crap). His j.fierce is one of the most ridiculous moves out there.
Speaking of grapplers, why does there seem to be a pretty big following for wanting Haggar in MvC3? Grapplers blow chunks in Vs. games, so I can't seem to understand why so many people would want what would be a bad character in the game.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Speaking of grapplers, why does there seem to be a pretty big following for wanting Haggar in MvC3? Grapplers blow chunks in Vs. games, so I can't seem to understand why so many people would want what would be a bad character in the game.
alex was alright in tvc and gief wasn't that bad in the first mvc. haggar would be cool in mvc3 though if they can make him work in the engine.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Aight

ST: Guile Honda Boxer
A2: Ken
A3: Cody
2I: Sean
3S: Urien Hugo Dudley
SSF4: Cody Dudley Boxer
VH: Phobos Anakaris
VS: Anakaris BB Hood Zabel
BBCS: Bang Arakune
GGAC: Faust Potemkin
HnK: Jagi
JJBA: Dio
SSBM: Falcon Falco Fox Ganon
SSB64: Ness Falcon Yoshi
Barwl (why not): Olimar Snake
TMNTTF: Armagon Wingnut Leo
CvS2: K Rock Cammy Ken
MvC2: Sim IM Cykes
MvC: Strider Wolvie

And I dont play MB or KoF. :/ or 3d fighters. and tvc sucks i will never play that.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
SC4 is really cheap...does it suck? It looks fun, kinda want to pick it and SSF4 up.

Not sure who I'll be on those, but

Melee/Brawl: Marth (As of recently)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hey, this thread looks pretty sweet.

I play a ton of fighting games also, and since everyone is sharing mains, I'll share mine. Main first, sub second.
- BlazBlue: Noel, Mu
- Guilty Gear AC: Baiken, I-No (she makes my hands bleed)
- Melty Blood AA: C-Maids, H-Ryougi
- Arcana Heart: Heart (Thunder)
- Third Strike: Ibuki
- SSFIV: Viper
- Tekken: Xiaoyu
- KoF XII: ???
- Touhou Hisoutensoku: Suika, Sakuya
- Vanguard Princess: Haruka + Kanae
- Wartech: Cuilan
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Morrigan/Zero
- Battle Fantasia: Coyori
- Dead or Alive 4: Ayane
- Brawl: Zelda, Toon Link
- Melee: Samus

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I might as well ask this here as I haven't seen a Tekken thread in a long time: Would you say Tekken 3 is better than 6?

It might be nolstalgia filter for me, but I preferred 3 much more over the little time I spent playing 6. I also heard juggles become more important after 3?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tekken 6 is not very friendly to newer players imo.

Stances, launches, juggles, stages are all very important to playing. I've been playing it for a while now, and I still don't get it.

Also, the loading times in Tekken 6 are atrocious.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can understand stances if you're talking about Xiaoyu, but who else does it apply besides her and Zafina?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I can understand stances if you're talking about Xiaoyu, but who else does it apply besides her and Zafina?
A lot of the cast has their own stances, IIRC: Hwoarang's LFF, RFF, LFM, RFM, just to name a few.

I play Jin in Tekken 6. Still trying to get EWGF to be 100%. And it doesn't help that his damage output is mediocre.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't really enjoy Tekken enough to play it regularly.

There are some guys in my area trying to start a scene, that's pretty much the only reason I'm playing it, to be honest.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
And the funny thing is that I signed up to go to a Tekken/SSFIV tourney.

Because people from both scenes kept bugging me to go.

I don't really play either game very much.

When I play Tekken, I try to burst, and then I get all :054:.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I used to play tekken when I was younger.
I played Yoshimitsu, and I really didn't think I was any good.
My friend invited me to a local tournament. I used doorknocker and avoid the puddle over and over and over and I won.
It was crazy.
i don't think it works anymore though >.>

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I could never get into 3d fighters. Tekken was def my fav out of all of em. I main king and i always got destroyed by my uncles steve and my dads law. Ahh, those were the days.

also, i forgot my AH main. >_>

Kira

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I like SC a lot, but I can't get a feel for the game itself. I find it feels clunky somehow. I just don't get the flow of it. And I know it is the nature of 3D fighters, and especially SC, but I like making my own combos, and you can't really do that.

Justice High is pretty sweet, and if I had a Dreamcast, I would totally play it. For laughs, if nothing else.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't play 3D fighters competitively, but my favorite 3D fighter is Tekken.
I haven't played Tekken 6, but I want to. The game is cheap now, so I might pick it up eventually to kill time for Tag 2.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Link was a beast in that game. God... I wish SC4 had Link instead of... Vader/Yoda

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's what I heard too, that Link was one of the worst. It's hard for me to see though... Maybe someone just needs to pull a Gamerbee and wreck with a character that's "***".

Then again though, a lot of characters can look like they suck when stacked up to freaking Kilik. Broken piece of ****.

kr3wman

Smash Master
from what I remember it was like, Xianghua, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, Ivy.

Kilik was actually pretty bad once you knew wtf to do.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wasn't Link banned in tournament play anyway because he was a console character?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Wasn't Link banned in tournament play anyway because he was a console character?
he was (along with spawn, heihachi, and necrid) were banned in tournies, but that doesn't mean you can't use him in casuals! iirc link was mid. he had some nasty *** throws but didn't have good buttons. he was fun as hell to play though but i <3 nightmare too much to not play him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
he was (along with spawn, heihachi, and necrid) were banned in tournies, but that doesn't mean you can't use him in casuals! iirc link was mid. he had some nasty *** throws but didn't have good buttons. he was fun as hell to play though but i <3 nightmare too much to not play him.
I know but my point was that if he's not tournament legal, his place in tier lists shouldn't matter since tier lists are used for competitive purposes.

Top Bottom