• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Velox is a disgusting bug that follows me around so we can conversate on how we disgust each other. Disgusting.
Ohhhhh, ok. I thought he was just a prick.

Carry on then.

EDIT: Hey, prick isn't censored. I guess I can make that thread about Sleeping Beauty now.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
am I the only one upset @ Metroid Prime losing this thing?

Bah, anyways SSFIV in a few days. Excited :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, because why would you put any value into a Gamefaqs poll?

Srsly.

Anyway, moving on.

I played some TvC the other day. It was more fun that I remembered.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Two Guilty Gear questions.
1. When did Sol lose his Dustloop?
2. What was the point of GG mode in Guilty Gear X, and what differences did Robo Ky have on that game compared to standard Ky?

The only differences that I can remember was the cool hunched back pose, and maybe a few move changes, but was there any real point in that GG mode for the other characters?

And yes I am aware there are three questions XP.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Would you recommended TvC?

I thought about getting it, but I didn't know half the cast in the game so.. =/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
^ Would you recommended TvC?

I thought about getting it, but I didn't know half the cast in the game so.. =/
Neither did I, but whatevs.

It's alright imo. It's a pretty good fighting game, and it's pretty easy to pick up and play. I find it a little too easy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I know a lot of people really like it, but it doesn't have a very large scene that I know of, and the netplay is atrocious.

It's not my favourite, but if you like fighting games, and you own a Wii, it's probably a decent one to get. I would also recommend getting a classic controller if you don't own one already, but that's just me.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Is anyone hyped up for Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken tag team 2 next year.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think the reason why a lot of Marvel players don't like TvC is because it's more like GG than MvC2. In TvC you have bursts (Mega Crash) and a pseudo-RC/FRC system (Baroque) but no "fun stuff" like infinites or unblockables. DHCs are also useless most of the time and assists can't be used defensively, meaning that they're mostly just combo filler. The whole game is just who can get the opponent into a combo first, who can bait bursts better, and who has better mixups - all aspects of GG but not necessarily Marvel.

I'm more interested in TT2 than SFXT or TXSF, but that's not saying much.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dont like tvc ENOUGH. It isnt a bad game, it does piss me off because of what its done to Marvel 3 (although it didnt do NEARLY as much as i thought it was, its stil Mahvel).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have played MvC 3 more than a few times, and I can say that if it wasn't for the 3 At button scheme, I doubt people would be complaining as much. I still find it usable, but in the end this is by far the biggest bone they've thrown to Capcom-Unity needing "simple" control schemes, but they're too busy wanting X and Phoenix Wright to realize that their biggest complaint was altered specifically because of them..... Don't get me wrong, I would hate it for Marvel to become too much like TvC, but by the same token, I would hate it for TvC to become too much like Marvel, if you get my drift.

Oh, and is that some MAG-****ING-NETO!?
http://fans.marvel.com/marvel_inter...ght_behind_the_marvel_alternate_color_schemes

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Neither did I, but whatevs.

It's alright imo. It's a pretty good fighting game, and it's pretty easy to pick up and play. I find it a little too easy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I know a lot of people really like it, but it doesn't have a very large scene that I know of, and the netplay is atrocious.

It's not my favourite, but if you like fighting games, and you own a Wii, it's probably a decent one to get. I would also recommend getting a classic controller if you don't own one already, but that's just me.
Ya I play MH so having a classic controller was a standard. :p

I might get it, but MvC3 is soon so...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I found out about that game last year. I REALLY liked the way it was looking and it kinda stopped completly on info till now. Glad to see it still going. Bravo all day. Hes like nega-fuerte.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Also it's pretty pathetic that the previous bracket was Kingdom Hearts vs Kingdom Hearts II.
I've thought about this and what i've concluded is they are doing intraseries matchups to limit the possiblity that a single good series just runs a train through the bracket.

Say for example the Halo series. That series has 5 games all of which are excellent. If you spread them out all over the bracket, its very possible that one series just wrecks the whole bracket.

I think its smart to have sequels match up with one another early, that way the "best" representative from each series will move on, instead of one or two really good series just destroyign the whole bracket.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Meh, I'm just glad Brawl is losing for once.

Chaos Code looks interesting. Hermes reminds me a lot of Dizzy aesthetically (spirits coming out of her back, hardly wearing any clothing, etc)

EDIT: Holy ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SVRBY667k&t=1m32s
Did a transvestite just kill an young girl with a picture of Cthulhu?
THIS GAME IS AMAZING.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Majora's Mask is epic :3

Got PS3 setup and SSFIV, do I need any of the dlc? All I can see is costumes and such.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There are three things and they're all free. The Tournament Mode patch (no one really uses it though) and the new costume patches so that you can see them.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm trying to get into SSFIV for PS3, and I really like it a lot (Despite me sucking hardcore)

Hard to say who I like the most though. Vega is really interesting, though his laugh and...I don't know, I just don't "feel" him.

Guy is really fun, and...well really leaning to be him.

Then there's Juri. I love everything about her. Her "Sharingan" (lol) and the fact she fights so elegantly, dang.

What do you guys think? (As in who should I pick?)

kr3wman

Smash Master
if you like poking and punishing people's errors vega is pretty cool.

Guy is straight rushdown, but he has to work hard for the win.

Juri is weird.

pick who you like.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If you like chars who are hard to play and will rush the **** out of *****s then pick Guy. If you want a poke based turtle then you want Vega. Juri is very odd. She can rushdown and zone very well but some chars wreck her ****.

Top Bottom