• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
75% of noobs will never become experienced players. 90% of experienced players will never become decent. 75% of decent players will never become good. 75% of good players will never place top 3 in a national tournament.
Lol I would love to see the research on that topic, but I was jk anyways. Getting good requires a desire that provokes practice to become better.

Sukai

Smash Champion
75% of noobs will never become experienced players. 90% of experienced players will never become decent. 75% of decent players will never become good. 75% of good players will never place top 3 in a national tournament.
Shame on you, how cryptic!
"Hey kids, just give up, the elements are against you, no matter how hard you try, chances are, it'll do jack ****!"

Shine spiking.....
I've totally given that up, I get stage spiked if I try to do it to Marth, Ike will super armor it, Falco out-prioritises it, Meta Knight is suicide, Pit just flies around it, and the list goes on.
I'll shine spike Link, Lucario and tether recovery users, that's it, but I'd sooner back air stage spike tether users.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Dont try shining a marth. Up B+ fair RAPEZ RAPEZ RAPEZ. You learn the hard way when u play neo. Spacies get utterly ***** when shining up B. Dont even think about shining mk. Pit can just fly under the map if you shine him before he up B's. after is darn near impossible. Dk works. situational mario, Probably not luigi. Yes tink and link. i think peach but u may have to dair first. zhamy is right, it depends on their recovery and is situational.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Shine spiking Luigi does work. After you shine him, he's too low to side-b, and down-b doesn't go far enough to the left/right to hit Fox, which leave's him to Up-B, but if you Firefox stall, you'll have invincibility and he's fall to his death, which is where I would pause the game, press R, press Z to save a screenshot, chuckle, and press start.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
LOL, I think your percents are too low.
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. some %s might be too low, but the total result from noob to top placer (1/640 iirc) is reasonably accurate imo.

Shame on you, how cryptic!
"Hey kids, just give up, the elements are against you, no matter how hard you try, chances are, it'll do jack ****!"
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that to discourage anyone. I'm merely pointing out the flaw in the "a noob is just someone who hasn't gotten good yet" sentiment.

Despite that, there are two sides to your claim. You could go with the mentality that anyone could become a top player; this gives the average nub the good inside feeling that gives them motivation to try to be good (despite the fact that they probably won't). On the other hand, pointing out these huge ratios just goes to show how extraordinary the top level players are. For most people on smashboards, the top players are incomprehensibly better than them, and claiming that "anyone can do what they do" is rather demeaning towards the effort and understanding they've put into the game.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
but i dun wanna >.<
*flails*

*starts twitching*
shine spiking is uber good , you'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE. EH AH HE HA HAHAHAH!!!!

*slaps self*

o.o

ehem , excuse me there.

Sukai

Smash Champion
My point SCOTU pal, was that the effort is all the matter, but the way you listed those random statistics made it sound like the effort or will to improve matters not.
Some noobs don't strive to improve, others' desire isn't as strong-willed, but if you're serious, then it can happen.

Takes time, dedication lots of effort and an open mind.
Statistically not-very-probable, but possible.

On shine spiking, trying to tag a Luigi will never work thanks to his down B ascension, that out does anything Fox can do, if you knock him far off, it might work, but it's not really a viable option when fighting the man in green.

Uzi, this ain't Melee....

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
On shine spiking, trying to tag a Luigi will never work thanks to his down B ascension, that out does anything Fox can do,

like 4-5 clips i have beg to differ,

you CAN time the shine spike right to hit him out of his down-b as well as his tripple jump

its very hard to do but IT IS POSSIBLE

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
While it is possible to shine Luigi, it's easier to just Dair > shine/footstool. Much safer than trying to shinespike and risk being stage spiked.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
YEAH i need a tip on the dair shine. first off i know you have to hit it perfect and not fast fall or else it's foxiciding but do you buffer the shine or jump then shine and leave firefox to recover?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Dair->Shine->Recover. The shine should come directly after the Dair.

Buffer the shine if you can.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
some guy whos smarter than you said:
Drill>Shine__________14%-300%---(as long as one kick hits at 14% this will combo, meaning if you land more than one kick it should combo earlier)
gets easier the higher the percent

Sukai

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong is "wear n' tear" vs. Meta Knight, his good spacing helps him get Meta Knight off his back, and if Meta Knight doesn't space perfectly, Donkey Kong can use his grab range to punish. He has enough kill power to kill him at low percentages, just don't get caught in any Tornadoes, that ***** DK blind.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
if you mean fox picture... good luck theres not many good ones on the internet you best off using one from your own wii (if you want brawl fox that is) other thn that i would say look on some starfox concept art website.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I was thinking of something like this arwing:
http://news.soft32.com/wp-content/upload/nintendo/starfox_NDS.jpg
with this great fox at the background:
http://sarge.wheresthebeef.co.uk/SGv2/Wallpapers/wallpaper[StarFox]06-l.png
or a simple space background
and the same detail as A6M Zero that has his name in fox gun but in this sig in the arwing... Only if you can... I now is a lot of work and worst if is not for you but if you can do it, it would be great! a sig to have for a lot of time without a doubt

Sukai

Smash Champion
I can make signature pictures, but I'm not very good, my best would be....

I've also made...

I made the Roy sig pic down there as well.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I can make signature pictures, but I'm not very good, my best would be....

I've also made...

I made the Roy sig pic down there as well.
Sorry for answering late I was busy this last days... anyways thanks for offering your help but I already found someone who is helping me with a new sign so anyways thanks

Top Bottom