• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I asked Azua if it were okay for me to allow a topic like this here, so let's see if you guys can handle yourselves and make good use of this.

Ground Rules:
#1: THE GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE.
This should be simple enough. Just because it's a general/social thread does not mean spam, double posting, etc... are all game. They aren't.
#2: Don't reply to people who obviously didn't see rule #1.
This should also be simple. If someone comes in and is like "Lol, Post Count +1", ignore them and pretend it never happened. They'll get infracted and as long as you don't respond to them and egg them on or join in, you won't.
#3: Try to keep things on whatever the current subject is.
This isn't too strict of a rule, but if there is productive discussion going on, try not to derail it and ruin it for everyone else, okay?
#4: This is for the Fox boards.
That means this is for the Fox community. I know who the Fox community is; so I don't want to see people coming here from other boards just to chat. If you haven't contributed to any other thread on this board, then you shouldn't feel the need to post in this one.

#5: This thread can and will be locked at any time.
If I feel things are getting out of hand, then I'll go ahead and lock this thread for a certain period of time. If they get out of hand again, it'll get locked for a longer period of time. And so on until I am forced to just move this to the rubbish bin and you guys never get this again.
#6: Xiivi loves you.
#7: Sasuke loves you.
#8: KJ loves you.
#9: QRS is watching you...

Have fun.

RPK

Smash Lord
Yay for the Social Topic <3 +1 post.

Anyways, gentlemen, -pulls out a pipe, and takes a couple puffs- Todays discussion?

EDIT:
@Zhamy
Because he is a vacuum cleaner. Next topic!

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I have an idea. How about a we discuss my work on improving Fox's game against planking MK's. Everything we have a solid counter against except for aggressively uairing MK's. Something that I can't get pyroplanning to work as well against as everything else (including defensive Uairing).

EDIT: I thought it would be helpful to post a video of a particularly horrible MK when it comes to this fine art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jYJ-Yjf3w

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
I have an idea. How about a we discuss my work on improving Fox's game against planking MK's. Everything we have a solid counter against except for aggressively uairing MK's. Something that I can't get pyroplanning to work as well against as everything else (including defensive Uairing).

EDIT: I thought it would be helpful to post a video of a particularly horrible MK when it comes to this fine art.

Holy ****ing plank... i mean, what can you do against that as fox except for getting stage spiked by meta? Would assume you need some balls to chase a MK off the edge, and jesus better be holding your hand in the process.

I would say running off and Bair'n but it's sooooo fricken risky...

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Yay discussion topic is back, ^.^

well i'm just trying to think of a counter to this by fighting the meta with the tourney rules, couldnt you just laser off the edge and wait till the meat comes and gets you, or would that be counted as stalling while planking isnt,

cause if you could just get some beginning laser damage in and be winning by percent, couldn't you just wait for the clock to get down and force the meta to fight you instead of planking?

Sukai

Smash Champion
I know who the Fox community is.
Am I included?:crying:

I hope so...

Anyway to the discussion.
I recommend Foxcide (running off the stage with a fast fall down air).
There really isn't any assured method to take care of Meta Knight's planking.
Try an bait him I guess. The primary consideration is that he rules at spacing, and Fox--doesn't.
Baiting is the best option I can think of, it's dumb to chase him off the edge.

Call stalling and disqualify the opponent, no johns.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Am I included?:crying:

I hope so...

Anyway to the discussion.
I recommend Foxcide (running off the stage with a fast fall down air).
There really isn't any assured method to take care of Meta Knight's planking.
Try an bait him I guess. The primary consideration is that he rules at spacing, and Fox--doesn't.
Baiting is the best option I can think of, it's dumb to chase him off the edge.

Call stalling and disqualify the opponent, no johns.
Attempting Foxicide on a planking meta = auto lose of stock :lick:

Maybe if you run, pivot and jump off backwards and attempt to Fair him on the way back to the stage. Fair has nice priority.

But then again MK is jesus with a sword.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
really, the best option is to not jump off-stage at all. metaknight "plankers" wait at the edge until they see an opening, and they try to **** you with his bull****.

solution? Fake them out. you make it appear as though you are jumping offstage or trying to attack, the planker will react.

run towards the edge, jump and come down with an airdodge. they might come within fox's range on their "counter-attack".

but really, there isn't much you can do. :( it's sad.

RumPuffin

Smash Rookie
I hate MK so hard to really hit him with Fox, no real good openings, it makes me wish you had melee's shield range then you could spam that a bit to help keep him on edge.

RPK

Smash Lord
How do you counter Planking? Well, if Falco cant do it, I dont think Fox can =\ Best I can think of thats safe is RAR Fair. Run off facing the stage and Fair him, but if you wanna be safe, just sit back and laser him till he comes back on. Thats the best suggestion, and the best way. Just keep up the pressure with lasers till he gets back on.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
How do you counter Planking? Well, if Falco cant do it, I dont think Fox can =\ Best I can think of thats safe is RAR Fair. Run off facing the stage and Fair him, but if you wanna be safe, just sit back and laser him till he comes back on. Thats the best suggestion, and the best way. Just keep up the pressure with lasers till he gets back on.

that would be a good idea, butttttttttttt, a stalling MK stalls under the stage, where lasers will never touch him.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
or you come up with the CRAZIIIIEST insults and piss them off so they MUST come fight you.

you could question their man-hood. (if its a girl then you're outta luck)

you could walk away and get a drink.

you could call a friend.

you could play footies with him/her

you could tie your shoes.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if you play the matchup right MK shouldnt really have a % lead on you to plank at all, the problem we have with MK is that he shuts down all of our approaches beside lasers and can edgegaurd/k.o us easily:(

to beat planking you really just need to read when they are going to leave the edge and react as quickly as possible to it, i remember my friend John(lol his name is john) saying that you can grab MK when hes on the edge so maybe try that if they get careless, sometimes i like when they plank because it gives me time to think out a strategy for when i have to actually fight them since they stall so much xD usually i use a heli fair or jump off and catch them with an illusion

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What you can do is just go ROB or Pit and use gyro/laser or angled arrows with pit. But with Fox, I'd just dash dance until I trip and just sit there, put down my controller, sit on the floor and imitate Fox sitting down in real life.

Sukai

Smash Champion
RAR forward air won't help.
Fox is too short range. All Meta Knight needs is a down air, and "whoops there goes another rubber tree plant."
Seriously, call stalling.

Planking is acceptable if the player is in a desperate situation, but if the opponent is not pressuring the planker--
i.e. doing nothing at all
--, then they have no reason to plank, they're just stalling.

RPK

Smash Lord
Technically they arent stalling. Theyre putting the opponent at a disadvantagious position, in which the opponent must put himself in danger in order to reach the him. Some character's strongest strengths are off stage, and are shown when theyre hanging onto the ledge or using it to their advantage. Minimizing the opponent's options is something that you need to do to win a match. Take Snake for example. When he's on battlefield, you really cant do jack sh**. Place a Grenade, in front, sit near the ledge, and place a C4 on the platform in front. You got 1 grenade left to use, as well as tilts, and an already cooked explosive sitting in front of you. Besides Fox, some characters like Dedede wont be able to handle this trap. All he can do is throw his waddle dees which isnt much because the snake can use his grenades to stop them. -shrugs- I dunno.

RPK

Smash Lord
I kinda suggested that before if you read the previous page >_> Just sit back about midrange and laser. It wont do jack **** to a planking Meta Knight, but atleast it keeps up the pressure. I gave the other suggestion, but like you said, you can easily Dair Fox out of it. Its a stupid idea, and puts Fox at a bad position. I mean, if Falco cant handle the camp, I dont think Fox can.

crifer

Smash Lord
Yesterday I dreamed that you could grab MK if he tries to plank and dthrow,
so he does not hit the stage and falls to his death, that was awesome O.o

Sukai

Smash Champion
I've concluded that aside from doing nothing, Fox's best aggressive method is trying for a back air stage spike, then Foxcoptering away from Meta Knight (assuming you miss) shine stall a bit, then recover.
The Meta Knight won't waste any time trying to gimp you, so the ledge is free and you'll have just barely enough time and space to safely make it back.
If you succeed in the stage spike, then free stock for Fox, party time--see if he planks now...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I kinda suggested that before if you read the previous page >_> Just sit back about midrange and laser. It wont do jack **** to a planking Meta Knight, but atleast it keeps up the pressure. I gave the other suggestion, but like you said, you can easily Dair Fox out of it. Its a stupid idea, and puts Fox at a bad position. I mean, if Falco cant handle the camp, I dont think Fox can.
i did that the last time i fought Plank. i got him w/ a dair trick earlier, but after that i couldn't get that anymore and just said "oh well.." *pew pew pew pew...*.

@Xiivi
are all the boards starting these again? i just came from the JP one, so i wnated to ask.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
It is a case-by-case basis that is up to the discretion of the moderator in charge of the forum. If a moderator feels it is needed and can be reasonably handled by the users, then they are free to make a thread and devote the time to making sure it stays clean.

§witch

Smash Lord

That video made my day, atta be Scotu.

Falco has some tricks that can get MK off of the edge, like a downward tilted ftilt. It's too funny when that hits them.

But for fox, I'm thinking a RAR'ed shff fair to make sure that only the tip of your foot would hit MK.

RPK

Smash Lord
No, if the Meta Knight sees the Falco come close, that means a Forward air from Meta Knight, or an Uair since that thing has stupid range =\ Falco has some tricks, but they arent really safe...

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight. Gah.
AiB thinks Fox has some CRAZY advantage against Meta Knight... At first I thought they were stupid..

Then I realized I was stupid for even looking at the Fox boards there...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
AiB's boards are just a smaller set of the same people that come here (for fox). They don't think fox has some crazy advantage.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
AiB's boards are just a smaller set of the same people that come here (for fox). They don't think fox has some crazy advantage.
I don't know, I was talking to this user here: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/SportyAsianChick283.ai

About Fox's match-ups and her were her opinions:
MK: 60:40 (Fox)
Snake: 70:30 (Fox)
Falco: 55:45 (Fox)
DDD: 30:70 (DDD)
G&W: 65:35 (Fox)

The rest were all over the place as well.

Crazy stuff.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I don't know, I was talking to this user here: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/SportyAsianChick283.ai

About Fox's match-ups and her were her opinions:
MK: 60:40 (Fox)
Snake: 70:30 (Fox)
Falco: 55:45 (Fox)
DDD: 30:70 (DDD)
G&W: 65:35 (Fox)

The rest were all over the place as well.

Crazy stuff.
haha. Funny. IMHO

MK: 60:40 (MK)
Snake: 55:45 (Snake)
Falco: 60:40 (Falco)
DDD: 55:45 (Fox)
GW: 60:40 (GW)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Ohgod why are we doing this again.

MK 65:35 (MK)
Snake 50:50
Falco 55:45 Falco
DDD 55:45 (Fox)
G&W 55:45 (G&W)
Fox 0:100 (Fox)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ZOMFG I WANT TO BE APART OF THIS!

MK 65:35 (MK)
Snake 55:45 (Fox)
Falco 55:45 Falco
DDD 60:40 (Fox)
G&W 60:40 (G&W)
THE ENTIRE CAST AT THE SAME TIME 0:100 (Flamedash)
^See what I did DAIR TO UPSMASH?

*Flies through all the blue rings in an asteroid field to warp to Katina to help Bill, along with the Husky and Bulldog Units!*

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
MK 60:40 (MK)
Snake 55:45(Snake)
Falco Even
DDD 55:45 (D3)
GaW 60:40 (GaW) foxs toughest matchup imo

Top Bottom