• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Sukai

Smash Champion
MK 65:35 (MK)
Snake 50:50 (Even)
Falco 60:40 (Falco)
DDD 55:45 (DDD)
G&W 59:41 (G&W)

I actually have a fairly easy time fighting G&Ws, it just takes timing, get used to his pattern, guard more than dodge.
From there, you got it.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
MK 65:35 (MK)
Snake 50:50 (Even)
Falco 60:40 (Falco)
DDD 55:45 (DDD)
G&W 59:41 (G&W)

I actually have a fairly easy time fighting G&Ws, it just takes timing, get used to his pattern, guard more than dodge.
From there, you got it.
Yes it's better to try and shield G&W rather then Side stepping because his attacks are long. But you need to remeber that those same attacks eat shields and on top of that shield stab.

59:41? >.> don't be taking my jokes D:

crifer

Smash Lord
General QUestion:
If i go for the kill with upsmash (I know bair and dsmash works, too),
should I try to set it up with (hard or soft hit) nair or dair?
I mean upsmash is not guaranted to hit with nair,
but dair is risky and easily punished (and is a punish move)...
So what do u prefer?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
General QUestion:
So what do u prefer?
preference is Usmash cause its the best. SHDair at certain percents combos flawlessly, but it is better to land it as punishment. theres also shine>Usmash and i think its weak Nair that goes into Usmash. lately i find myself killing w/Bair and Dsmash anyway.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Hey when I'm recovering by jumping, sometimes fox is able get a second jump out of nowhere when I don't even hit the stage yet. It is like some invisible wall or something I don't know but I get a second jump anybody know why or how exactly that happens?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
There are a few possibilities:

1. You footstooled (you can footstool without making your opponent fall down if they're doing a move so it can be easy to not notice)
2. Some characters have a jump renewer, which is an AT which I'm not sure if Fox has (Can someone check this?) which will renew double-jumps. See the Jiggz forum if you don't know what I'm talking about.
3. Perhaps you ledgegrabbed and immediately pressed away without knowing, regaining your double jump.

crifer

Smash Lord
preference is Usmash cause its the best. SHDair at certain percents combos flawlessly, but it is better to land it as punishment. theres also shine>Usmash and i think its weak Nair that goes into Usmash. lately i find myself killing w/Bair and Dsmash anyway.
thx for saying exactly what I know and wanted to say ;-)

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
General QUestion:
So what do u prefer?
I prefer D-air to U-smash as with N-air you might have to move a bit and with D-air it's a garauntee at high percentages. Plus it's quick and who cares if you're gonna get punished from it. They're in a state of panic at that point. If they like to DI upwards, try charging one after a D-throw. I see lots of players like landing with an air dodge at their thrower.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Hey when I'm recovering by jumping, sometimes fox is able get a second jump out of nowhere when I don't even hit the stage yet. It is like some invisible wall or something I don't know but I get a second jump anybody know why or how exactly that happens?
I would have to see the specific action in a video, maybe you could describe it more?

I once had a wall tech after being sent flying from the ship on Rainbow Cruise and I was teching off of the camera boundaries. Literally, nothing was there. I guess it was a glitch with the spawning stage parts from when the cycle gets there but it just looked like I teched off of the screen. Yes, it won me the match because it was Sudden Death and a bob-omb blew us all up.

Never heard of a case where Fox gets an extra jump EXCEPT from when someone was posting an item glitch with a shell.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
fox has an ISJR!? O.o

but those usually require you to be near the ground though.

thx for saying exactly what I know and wanted to say ;-)
yeah fail on me, my brains not working today. XD must be either early birthday jitters, aftermath of test ****, or im really getting old.

i actually prefer to kill w/ Bair so i can pretend to mimic my Peach pinshot KO.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well, the ledge is different than being on ground, so even though we can't tell by what he posted, maybe he did hit the stage by hitting the ledge.

Sukai

Smash Champion
UNRELATED BUT YOU SHOULD ALL DO THIS ANYWAY:

Create a character and fight mine. And then level up and whatnot <3
I signed up, got owned, no johns, quit.
Look for "Skye".

I stopped aiming for an up smash, instead I'll use it when the opportunities arise.
I tend to down smash or forward smash kill more often nowadays.

Up throw pseudo chain grab mindgames opens alot of doors for ol' Fox.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I signed up, got owned, no johns, quit.
Look for "Skye".

I stopped aiming for an up smash, instead I'll use it when the opportunities arise.
I tend to down smash or forward smash kill more often nowadays.

Up throw pseudo chain grab mindgames opens alot of doors for ol' Fox.
Yea, that's a better idea. I played m@v back in december (guaranteed he's better now, this is just an example) and I could usually tell when he was trying to Usmash. If he threw in a few Fsmashes and tilts where I would normally expect a Usmash, he probably would've won most matches.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Mav's Fox is really good, but sometimes he makes a few too many practical decisions.
His Peach needs work too, but that's another story...

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Don't believe anything you hear. M@v's Fox is absolute trash. He can't even SHDL correctly, he telegraphs Usmashes a mile away, routinely misses sweetspotting the edge with Illusion, and the only aerial he knows how to use is Dair.

(I wuv you M@v.)

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Don't believe anything you hear. M@v's Fox is absolute trash. He can't even SHDL correctly, he telegraphs Usmashes a mile away, routinely misses sweetspotting the edge with Illusion, and the only aerial he knows how to use is Dair.

(I wuv you M@v.)
How is it possible to SHDL incorrectly? xD

I just spiked my friend using firefox! I was under the stage and he was edgehogging drops down to hit me and I'm able to hit him with firefox, he bangs into the lips of FD and then spikes down! Priceless.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

(I wuv you M@v.)
Bangwagoning it!

^This. M@V is the worst! He is super easy!

<3 M@v. We should have kids. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0lbRX5ELQ

.Marik

is a social misfit
Guys guys.

I'm picking up Fox as a secondary. Any crucial information I should know?

And Toronto Joe, we need to have Fox dittos sometime soon. =)

In the meantime, I'll be browsing the threads around here, picking up information as I go.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys.

I'm picking up Fox as a secondary. Any crucial information I should know?

And Toronto Joe, we need to have Fox dittos sometime soon. =)

In the meantime, I'll be browsing the threads around here, picking up information as I go.
Hehe, good idea the stickies have alot of good info. And of course the fox videos will always give you an idea how to play fox.

Anything you don't fully understand i'm sure you can just ask freely and people will help.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Don't play this matchup:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDCJtCojA9s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDCJtCojA9s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Zhamy

Smash Champion
****ing LOL.

EDIT: When did I hit 1000 posts?

Double EDIT: Ftilt is good. Discuss.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I only Forward Tilt when I screw up buffering his dash attack.
It connects, which is good enough.
I tend to like his Forward Smash more.
Nothing says "Get that **** outta my park" more than a double round house.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Fox's fsmash is so amazing that it leads directly into getting ftilt-locked by Sheik if you hit with it.

Top Bottom