• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
there are more than 3 distances, unless I'm confusing things, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being the full 5 different distances when I checked. And the timing for each distance is simply pressing B the frame before you want to stop.
FIVE!

no way in crap is there 5 different distances

i've only ever seen 2 distances in fox's illusion.

wolf i know has more and prolly falco has more, but i've only ever seen 2 for fox.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
That doesn't mean they don't exist. Scotu knows his frame data and is part of the smash lab if I'm not mistaken, I wouldn't just throw away the possibility of something he says exist.

The only way to be sure is just to do more testing.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean they don't exist. Scotu knows his frame data and is part of the smash lab if I'm not mistaken, I wouldn't just throw away the possibility of something he says exist.

The only way to be sure is just to do more testing.
good point.

any one know how to get the game play down to single frame speed?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I verified that fox can stop at each of the points along his movement (from frames 21-26), at each of those frames, he moves a discrete distance, and you can cancel at any of them by pressing B the frame before. It wouldn't hurt to double check that, since I didn't actually put a remark down in my xls file detailing my data collection on fox.

Note that fox moves from frames 21-25 in melee, instead of 21-26 like in brawl, and you could cancel it by pressing B from 20-24 (for a total of 5 lengths). It wouldn't be unreasonable for fox to have 6 different lengths in brawl, i just don't remember.

You can use the Debug Pause code with the Frame Advance code to play the game 1 frame at a time. Look them up in the Smash Workshop.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
on another topic.

I've been seeing a lot more activity in the fox boards lately and i have one thing to say

Fox boards are seriously crazy
O.o

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I verified that fox can stop at each of the points along his movement (from frames 21-26), at each of those frames, he moves a discrete distance, and you can cancel at any of them by pressing B the frame before. It wouldn't hurt to double check that, since I didn't actually put a remark down in my xls file detailing my data collection on fox.

Note that fox moves from frames 21-25 in melee, instead of 21-26 like in brawl, and you could cancel it by pressing B from 20-24 (for a total of 5 lengths). It wouldn't be unreasonable for fox to have 6 different lengths in brawl, i just don't remember.
This is correct, at least for falco. He can cancel at any frame during his movement.

Uzi: Wolf only has 3 cancel distances.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
on another topic.

I've been seeing a lot more activity in the fox boards lately and i have one thing to say

Fox boards are seriously crazy
O.o
Well, the ROB boards got very boring lately, and Fox mains are too cool, so it was a no brainer.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Dude, Dair to Upsmash? I should seriously try that sometime...

Oh and apparently I discovered a way to get out of Pikachu's chaingrab, although it's kind of obvious I'm suprised why no one thought of it...

^ likes taking sh*ts xDDDDDDDDDD

Sukai

Smash Champion
There is a way to get out of Pikachu's chaingrab.

You think very bad thoughts about the Pikachu player

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Light isn't kidding, though. I can't believe we didn't think of this before either, but I guess you could call it a new AT.

I'm going to dub it Foxpunching. There's a few steps to it, but there's a lot of inputs.

1) Turn your head around.
2) Look at where your opponent's face is.
3) Ball up the hand closest to your opponent.
4) Punch the mofo.
5) At the same time, you need to be prepared to Usmash Pikachu. This may take some practice, because you need to land the punch and return immediately to your original position for maximum efficiency. If your opponent gets up from the floor, you're not doing it quickly enough.

Unfortunately, this AT is sometimes difficult on opponents bigger than you, but the element of surprise will often be enough to make it work.

Foxpunching. It's freaking good.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Light isn't kidding, though. I can't believe we didn't think of this before either, but I guess you could call it a new AT.

I'm going to dub it Foxpunching. There's a few steps to it, but there's a lot of inputs.

1) Turn your head around.
2) Look at where your opponent's face is.
3) Ball up the hand closest to your opponent.
4) Punch the mofo.
5) At the same time, you need to be prepared to Usmash Pikachu. This may take some practice, because you need to land the punch and return immediately to your original position for maximum efficiency. If your opponent gets up from the floor, you're not doing it quickly enough.

Unfortunately, this AT is sometimes difficult on opponents bigger than you, but the element of surprise will often be enough to make it work.

Foxpunching. It's freaking good.
ROFL

It actually works but the timing is hard to get it right. You have to punch between frames 10-20 and then immediately return to the seated position to resume gameplay. It only works on maps where your opponent sits next to you. It can be easily blocked and punished if you do it too slow or dont sweet spot the eye or nose. Hopefully this wonderful discovery doesn't get banned, because I think this is really useful to the fox metagame. No longer do we have bad matchups

Lightning93

Smash Champion
OMFG?!?!??!?! What is it mangs!?!?!?

The expression on my face is the same as my avatar from hearing you can get out of Pikachu's chain grab.
... Wow, all you guys got it wrong, but I appreciate that effort. Although Zhamy's method has a 80% chance of success (20% of all Brawlers know martial arts, so be prepared for Foxpunching to backfire), it's not the most efficient way.

The simple solution to escape Pikachu's CG is...

play melee.

^ likes taking sh*ts xDDDDDDDDDD
I won't lie, I find them extremely satisfying. Grab a good book and you got yourself an afternoon.

About your(Jenkin's) sister OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Jenkin's sister too is quite satisfying, although now I seem to have Baby Mama Drama. Iblis however, has been helping me cope, and has set me along the morally right path.

But enough about me, let's get back to Fox! They're may be some way to advance Foxpunching to guarantee a 100% success rate. Although groin attacking is banned, we're also talking about female Pikachu users here. To start off, can I get some frame data on Foxpunching please?

EDIT:

ROFL

It actually works but the timing is hard to get it right. You have to punch between frames 10-20 and then immediately return to the seated position to resume gameplay. It only works on maps where your opponent sits next to you. It can be easily blocked and punished if you do it too slow or dont sweet spot the eye or nose. Hopefully this wonderful discovery doesn't get banned, because I think this is really useful to the fox metagame. No longer do we have bad matchups
Okay this is a good start, but what happens if you don't get blocked and just miss? What's the expected landing lag we are seeing here? Come on people, this is the AT that could potentially bring Fox up to B tier.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Foxpunching isn't a good technique. I guess it works on bad/ok pika players, but on Good ones, nah.

Have you ever tried to punch Anther? Exactly. The thought never occurred to your. It can't be done. He's just way too cool to even consider punching.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Oh wow, that shirt is incredible. nice work...

for those inquiring, you can buy it right off of that page from zazzle.

lol A6M isn't on it, though.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Some people were against it because you main Satan Metaknight. :(
lmao, in the past month my ratio of playing fox to MK is like 50:1. I rarely play MK now. I'll probably play more fox than MK at the next tourney and I want to make him my snake counter. Here comes a first place for fox!

Top Bottom