• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
sorry bowyer i was asleep when you asked to be let in, i hope someone else was able to get you in the chat :embarrass

canadians dont understand sat, what is this nonsense

Sukai

Smash Champion
sorry bowyer i was asleep when you asked to be let in, i hope someone else was able to get you in the chat :embarrass

canadians dont understand sat, what is this nonsense
Long story short it's a test you have to take to gain admittance into certain schools and classes thereof.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
poor Light, i need a new laptop, cause mine keeps freezing.

btw does anyone one else use another controller other than the GC one, or is it just me.

loki15

Smash Cadet
Anyone able to? Not necessarily now (although the immediate now wouldn't be bad), but sometime next week? Like after Wednesday cuz of stupid AP exams?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I'm there now, but no one else is. Joe, when OBscene 2.0 happens, go so we can fox ditto.
is that in ottawa? if so then i gotta ask ambrose if he could squeeze me in the brosemolbile xD
sure we can fox ditto, i always thought u were from toronto,bunch of tourneys happening soon

§witch

Smash Lord
Yep, it's in Ottawa, and nah, I live in the suburbs of Ottawa. I wish I could go out to TO for some tournies, it'll have to wait a bit though.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Easy. I got a 2230 (all sections).

And I got into UC Berkeley :D

LOOK I HAVE A HUGE E-PENZ0RZ GUYZZZZZZZZ
Easy. I got a 1530 (just reading/math).

And I got on the wait list to MIT :D... oh wait :(

BUT MINE IS STILL BIGGER!

haha, it's cool... and nobody got me in while I was waiting :(

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Easy. I got a 2230 (all sections).

And I got into UC Berkeley :D

LOOK I HAVE A HUGE E-PENZ0RZ GUYZZZZZZZZ
I am sorry Zhamy, but that just ownt cut it.

Easy. I got a 2320 (all sections) 1530 (reading/math)

and I get paid 22,000 a year to attend college YAY scholarships

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I am sorry Zhamy, but that just ownt cut it.

Easy. I got a 2320 (all sections) 1530 (reading/math)

and I get paid 22,000 a year to attend college YAY scholarships
Are we comparing e-*****es now?

I got into MIT, Cornell, Duke, Brown, and Dartmouth. Where are you attending college?

:D

GIANT E-*****ES ATTACK!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess you got me beat. I only got into Michigan and U of Chicago, and then wait listed at MIT, but those are the only schools I applied for...

But I still have a bigger ***** because I broke my hip skateboarding by falling 16 feet, didn't go to the hospital for 4 days, and then didn't take any pain medication afterward. Beat that *****! =)

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if its a good Diddy, I'd say they have the advantage, but maybe I'm just johning cuz I don't have any matchup experience and I got CP'ed diddy in losers by some guy I 2-0'd in winners and lost 3/5 in losers finals :(. I think we have an advantage on some stages, but FD is no longer my CP against the entire cast :(.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
But when he's mindlessly nanner spamming, it's even funner!
lol sometimes. not much to me though cause some just turn into parlor tricks, at which point i walk to the ledge and begin phase camp.

I think we have an advantage on some stages, but FD is no longer my CP against the entire cast :(.
i go RC or distant planet lol. i normally don't go to FD anyway.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I guess it's the ROB in me, but I love camping, even when camping isn't good at fending off my opponent (blaster). I love getting to camp against my opponent so much.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
By the way, Diddys get ***** hard in the *** on RC. I've three-stocked ADHD there. Granted, it was on Wifi, but even then, it shows something.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I do an attack and camp sort of deal, a hybrid between offensive and campy. I also camp alot when I can't think of many options, which happens alot with Lucarios and Lucases. Lucario leaves most of Fox's air game null and void, and Lucas' forward and neutral air is **** for Mr. Fastfaller.
I mean, geez, I handle Meta Knights better than those two. I can't just approach them with Fox.
Falco for Lucario.
Naked Samus for Lucas.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I like to smash people with Fox. Dats how I roll. None of this technical jargon of different dance moves.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
wolf handles lucas very nicely. lucario is liek rob on a scale of gaytrocity who just makes we wanna pick tabuu and chop their headz off
me at skool too. i should be doin tech project but brawl>the work.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Man I hate both of them.
Falco handles Lucario better than the other characters I'm really skilled with.
That includes;
Fox, Lucas, Peach, Mario, Luigi, Falcon, Ganon (does surprisingly well, but no buffalo), G&W, Marth, Ike, Wolf, Meta Knight, Samus, Wario, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus and Sonic.
Zero Suit handles Lucas better than Fox, I mean there are plenty others, but I've been having fun with Naked Samus lately.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
hay, if you guys dont know the timing for illusion canceling i seriously suggest you master it. it's been saving my *** like crazy since i learned it.

i have the best example of a perfect use for it when recovering in one of the fights i had today, and just had to make a video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wk3Fg_D1M0

and thats just the recovering aspect of it.

i've used the mini version for perfect mind game kills.
one time i was recovering and about to illusion onto the stage, but my brother backed up and spaced it perfectly to grab me when i landed, but i canceled it and stopped well short of is grab range and punished the CRAP out of him for it.

crifer

Smash Lord
do we know what the strict timing is for all the three ways of cancelling?
the most of the time I get the really short illusion cancel which can suck, but saved my life a few times, too^^

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
ive never gotten this sort of mythical 3rd distance in all the times ive trained the cancel.

the only ones ive ever seenare the super short on and the one at the middle of the illusion, (wich works just fine for me)
short one for mind games and super short recoveries when they think your gonna land on the stage but insteat ledge grab, and the middle one for recovering.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
there are more than 3 distances, unless I'm confusing things, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being the full 5 different distances when I checked. And the timing for each distance is simply pressing B the frame before you want to stop.

Top Bottom