• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Kuares

Pizza
Well, I'm sure the day will arrive where the other Fox's will have their time.

[collapse=Uzi's probably already seen this]
[/collapse]

Lightning93

Smash Champion
We've been black longer than mexicans have been jumping the border.
Which is an awkward statement to make considering much of the current west coast of the US used to actually be Mexico. So, the border jumped us.

Not anything I'm necessarily complaining about too heavily. At least we didn't end up ***** and culturally defiled like Native Americans. (To an extent.)

Kuares

Pizza
We must form a Brotherhood. It is the only way
Welcome to the club. The club of Fox mains, the one's who are known to be egotistical about how their character is better than what is shown but others just don't understand. The belief that Fox beats Metaknight and showing undenying loyalty to their character by going against some of his worst match-ups.

It's already here. You've got what it takes?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Welcome to the club. The club of Fox mains, the one's who are known to be egotistical about how their character is better than what is shown but others just don't understand. The belief that Fox beats Metaknight and showing undenying loyalty to their character by going against some of his worst match-ups.

I've been watching the Fox player zeitgeist for a while, ever since the game came out really. For the most part, Fox mains have been on the quieter side. It wasn't really until TKD started winning tournaments that many Fox mains got their egos all puffed up, and started talking "seriously" about ludicrous matchups like Pikachu. And to put the "better than what is shown" thing into prospective: I am hard-pressed to find any decent highlight/combo videos featuring SSBB Fox. From what I've seen, my videos are some of the best out there, and I played like crap compared to what I'm up to now. I really want to actually make a new video, featuring the contemporary Fox at its best, so what is "shown" matches what "is". I know the last time tried to make a "Fox boards combo video", it basically flopped, but it is what it is...

On a side note:
I have talked with a few highly skilled Metaknight mains about the Fox/Metaknight matchup. Fox apparently does make them a little nervous; It's baffled me why they think that way, but that's what I'm told. I believe it has something to do with the fact that Fox, compared to MK, is essentially a speedy powerhouse, that can punish with kill moves... Anyway, that's a topic for another thread I'm sure.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062

I've finally found my home.....Death to the Mks.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
the system itself it true, but anything else is way up in the air.

but im freaking out, aperintly its going to be a hardcore gaming console, powe morefull than the 360 atleast, huge screen on the controler, and look like a modern super nintendo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
WTF? Hardcore gaming system?? Let's goo and if Super Smash 4 is coming out that means it's probably going to be an enhanced non-rushed version of brawl but more Melee like. Assuming it's supposed to be hardcore.

Hype.

but this is dream hype.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm calling when I hit pro status on Smash 4 I'll own people by walking around the venue looking at the game by the controller's screen.

Kuares

Pizza
I'd expect at least 1 year of hype for this new console, and another year for a new smash after the initial announcement. I'm not quite excited about a Screen on the controller especially if the focus is supposed to be on the 1080p...and Pacman?

Of course, I'm never hyped for anything, new Elderscrolls comes out around the end of the year and I want it... but I'll wait.

We'll see what happens at E3 .

M@v

Subarashii!
Wow, they are using a SSD for it? Damn it is going to be FAST.

My only worries are:

A. SSDs are SUPER expensive so it might drive the price up

B. The lifespan of them is still on the lower side compared to conventional drives.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
the wii uses an ssd, bro; it's just a 512MB one, thus giving that console more RAM + VRAM than permanent storage.

also, modern SSDs are rated for the same average lifetime as hard drives. Unless you're talking about industrial SAS drives vs SLC SSDs.

M@v

Subarashii!
Makes sense why I haven't heard of the wii's ssd; im used to looking at larger, full size ones for computers. I can figure that the smaller ones would last longer since there's less memory for them to sift through.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
that link i found is i believe mostly rumor, so its all still up in the air, but all more than possible.
so ima geek out untill nintento actually says something on their own.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So, the best Wi-Fi Fox of all time randomly came back two days ago and is playing again after almost two years (Samboner).

:phone:

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
lol and I thought I was the only active wi-fi fox left on these boards...
also, you can choose your smash 64 character now.
just wanted to put that out there.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I like how the new wii will have a cpu and gpu that is astoundingly similar to that of the XBOX 360. Way to have modern hardware, Nintendo.

M@v

Subarashii!
So, the best Wi-Fi Fox of all time randomly came back two days ago and is playing again after almost two years (Samboner).

:phone:
He has potential offline; he just needs to go to more tourneys and harness it.

Hell, the guy beat(or almost beat, can't remember) Razer.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
How do you know this?
I also saw Samboner on the Allisbrawl chat, and he was accepting friendly matches @_@. One of the dudes that was playing 2 v 2 w/ our group quickly left just to play him, lol

I asked him when he was going to another tournament and he didn't reply >_<

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Went to a tournament yesterday, got drowned in pools badly. Was a huge eye opener and showed me that I've been really lazy on keeping up and improving in this game. Thanks to Kadaj and all the friendlies we played it gave me the motivation I've been looking for. I've though I sucked this tourney it was a great learning experience and motivator for me. I'll be posting vids for critique up later.

I'll be doing my true best from now on to make something of Fox from now on guys.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's all good dog, it seems that people give better advice at tournies than on the forums though....Kadaj just showed me a lot which opened my eyes and it let me look at things at a complete new angle and he taught me how practicing with CPUs works as well, so I will be improving soon.

With the CPUs, BigLou, and this other person that just contacted me in my area that wants to play, I'll have enough ways to practice and get better in between tournies.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Yeah, offline can really help you learn stuff better. Like our smash scene has taught me a lot, since I'm more of a person that does better seeing things than reading it and trying to do it myself

Top Bottom