• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Jenkins

Smash Lord
this just in: Jenkins' sister is NOT worth driving through a blizzard for :urg:
Are you kidding? Have you seen her? She looks so easy to score with. Like, scoring with her should be easier than playing Brawl, and Brawl is a game for 10 year olds.

Yeah, there's some more jokes about 10 year olds somewhere in there but you guys can do them.
One day i'll have her read these just to make her cry.

2236-4438-1520

After over a year of no smash, I decided to come back for a few casuals just for the fun of it.
fox boards still play smash?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Jesus, you guys. Getting a thread closed when you know damn well a whole community utilizes it for serious discussion.

And I don't care what regulations are. I understand the mods are going above and beyond to monitor this forum in KJ's absence, but I would have much preferred that infractions and bans were sent out instead of screwing the whole boards over. Saying to stop isn't going to change anything, it just gives us the perception that you "tried". I really appreciate what you guys do, but imo this doesn't solve anything and it won't be the last time we see it happening in public again.

To everyone else, PLEASE TAKE IT TO PM OR VM. Honestly, it seems sometimes you're just arguing for the sake of not looking weak to the rest of us. I think it takes someone strong to stay composed, and composure is exactly what you need against people like RizK. I swear you get even a little out of hand with people like that (this includes those who perpetuated the situation) and the whole thing burns to flames for what?

I get so hopeful when I think of the Brawl community maturing as a whole, but this **** doesn't happen anywhere else except maybe in the schoolyard.

I understand some of you were being attacked. But I mean come on. Suck it up and forget about it.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Sorry, I wasn't really in the mood for jokes :c.
we all play melee now
A little bit of an overstatement don't you think?

And I see no appeal to join Melee competitively. I see appeal to play it competitively, and I personally have taken it upon myself to train myself to get better at the game. However, it's a classic with die-hard veterans and I just don't see myself fitting in with the community. I think it's an amazing medium for competitive play, but it just doesn't seem like the time for new members. People always talk about how superior it is, and how much better their group of players is than Brawl's and I personally don't believe they need any more support.
What have you got against 10 year olds? Age discrimination's a crime, my friend. Don't be a felon, do 10 year olds too.
Lol.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
wasnt really troubling to fit in with a melee community, its all fun as long as you wanna learn, getting better just comes with it...

no superiority or anything, i just fell out of brawl....

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And I don't care what regulations are. I understand the mods are going above and beyond to monitor this forum in KJ's absence, but I would have much preferred that infractions and bans were sent out instead of screwing the whole boards over. Saying to stop isn't going to change anything, it just gives us the perception that you "tried". I really appreciate what you guys do, but imo this doesn't solve anything and it won't be the last time we see it happening in public again.
I did issue infractions and warnings. Some even multiple times! People just refused to listen the 3(?) times I asked them to stop. KJ is away because of personal reasons, and I wouldn't feel good if he came back and found a thread or two with a flamewar going on since who knows when. :/

Lightning93

Smash Champion
wasnt really troubling to fit in with a melee community, its all fun as long as you wanna learn, getting better just comes with it...

no superiority or anything, i just fell out of brawl....
Yeah, unfortunately Norcal has some problems between the heads of the Brawl and Melee communities... I don't know if I would be as welcome coming from a Brawl background, although I'm happy to hear you're having a good time with Melee ^.^.
I did issue infractions and warnings. Some even multiple times! People just refused to listen the 3(?) times I asked them to stop. KJ is away because of personal reasons, and I wouldn't feel good if he came back and found a thread or two with a flamewar going on since who knows when. :/
Hearing this and seeing the thread re-opened makes me personally feel a lot better. Thank you very much!
Well as the saying goes, if they can bleed they can breed.
What about mules?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
And I see no appeal to join Melee competitively. I see appeal to play it competitively, and I personally have taken it upon myself to train myself to get better at the game. However, it's a classic with die-hard veterans and I just don't see myself fitting in with the community. I think it's an amazing medium for competitive play, but it just doesn't seem like the time for new members. People always talk about how superior it is, and how much better their group of players is than Brawl's and I personally don't believe they need any more support.
Melee is like MvC2 now. Hardcore community. Hard to pick up and get into because the skill ceiling is so high and there are people so much better than you.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Hey I am in D.C. and I want to play brawl. Somebody knows anything of a smashfest soon or a tourney around the city or maryland?

I am staying until Jan 6

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Melee is like MvC2 now. Hardcore community. Hard to pick up and get into because the skill ceiling is so high and there are people so much better than you.
Yup. I had a friend who was around during the glory days who could have trained me, but he pretty much gave up smash altogether. I don't think the community wants anyone like me to join anyways, especially when I'm most interested in Mewtwo. If they weren't so inaccessible in both skill level and communication I would probably start getting serious about it.

And Zephil, I don't think any of us here are from Delaware/Maryland/Virgina/East Coast. You should check the regional/tournament threads!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Zephil, come to our tourney on the 2nd (Sunday) at Sassy's. Check Atlantic North thread. Bowie is close to Dc I believe.

I'm a namesearch ***** by the way :bee:

M@v

Subarashii!
I almost never use firefox to get up vertically unless I'm absolutely forced to(I use rising fair for that.)

I can see this being a total pain in the *** as Falco though.

Kuares

Pizza
Why is Fox so sexy
There are many sexy characters in game of Brawl. Captain Falcon, Fox, Ike, Snake, Wolf, and Zamus are all clearly more sexy than the rest of the cast but what is it that makes Fox sexy?

First we must define what the term 'sexy' means. The second definition of the word on dictionary.com say "sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality".

Now because sexual interests vary from person to person, traits one person finds attractive might be repulsive to another. Let's look at Fox's traits, first and most importantly he is a fox and that gives a wide range of traits to be had. He has fur, a tail, pointed ears, a snout, everything a true fox has. These traits give fair advantages most other characters don't have. Being a soft and warm as a blanket would make any man attractive to women during the winter months. Fox is also quite fit and has firm body frame which all sexy characters must have to a degree.

There are a few things about Fox that can be deemed as 'unsexy' such as his abnormally large forehead. Most people are able to overlook this trait due to the amount of positives associated with him. Although some people still hold this gripe against him nonetheless.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have some respect for Kuares, but he didn't even include Kirby as one of the sexiest characters so I'm going to have to teach him a lesson in sexiness next time I see him.

Kuares

Pizza
Kirby is something else. I wouldn't consider him sexier than anyone on my list but I have to admit he would be an interesting partner to have in doubles.

Asdioh, remind me and I'll be sure to bring a notebook and take notes.

Lucario Boards.
...Have been laid to ruin by such an unspeakable evil that one cannot speak it's name without a feeling of loss and despair? We must warn everyone before its too late!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
There are many sexy characters in game of Brawl. Captain Falcon, Fox, Ike, Snake, Wolf, and Zamus are all clearly more sexy than the rest of the cast but what is it that makes Fox sexy?

First we must define what the term 'sexy' means. The second definition of the word on dictionary.com say "sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality".

Now because sexual interests vary from person to person, traits one person finds attractive might be repulsive to another. Let's look at Fox's traits, first and most importantly he is a fox and that gives a wide range of traits to be had. He has fur, a tail, pointed ears, a snout, everything a true fox has. These traits give fair advantages most other characters don't have. Being a soft and warm as a blanket would make any man attractive to women during the winter months. Fox is also quite fit and has firm body frame which all sexy characters must have to a degree.

There are a few things about Fox that can be deemed as 'unsexy' such as his abnormally large forehead. Most people are able to overlook this trait due to the amount of positives associated with him. Although some people still hold this gripe against him nonetheless.

LOLZ..........
I like the Fox boards

Top Bottom