• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i was kind of the least represented because we seriously made that video in a week and i had to create material out of nowhere.

i didn't really notice it though.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
some of that was offline... out of the people in the video nysyarc and i are the only people who attend tournaments

so most of it was unfortunately online, however all of us but nysyarc live in toronto

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
*snaps the chat back to discussion bout Fox, atleast for a little bit*

Yo, just a quick question to all the fox mains here, who all has been working on getting all the auto cancel timing down?

I've been getting better and better at it lately, and everyone i play with is seeing decent speed increase with my play style. You guys that arnt doing this yet or arnt that good at it yet seriously need to step it up, this stuff is TOO much fun and TOO freaking good.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i have!

im working on my Uairs cause it's my only problem, i find clawing X and A hard so im practicing witht he Cstick and it's working wel for me

however i ripped a tendon in my hand so im fail at video games right now

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Another victim of the Fox main ****.

And yeah, right now I can only get AC upair with the d- and c-stick.
man, you really need to work on your stick control

o.o

SHAC b-air/up-air/fair should all be easily done with just controle stick and a button, ohh and the jump button : P.

the single platform drop dorn AC back air is the only thing you should really need the c-stick for.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
*snaps the chat back to discussion bout Fox, atleast for a little bit*

Yo, just a quick question to all the fox mains here, who all has been working on getting all the auto cancel timing down?

I've been getting better and better at it lately, and everyone i play with is seeing decent speed increase with my play style. You guys that arnt doing this yet or arnt that good at it yet seriously need to step it up, this stuff is TOO much fun and TOO freaking good.
The only thing I dont autocancel is the Uair and it is because I barely use it. Also I am used to pressing Y>A really fast but whenever I do the Uair it just makes me do Usmash sometimes.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only thing that i really think needs to be autocanceled is fair. :/
uair too, but i barely ever use that.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
think of auto canceling like L-canceling

its seriously brawls version of that.

lets say your pro at melee, would you only sometimes L-cancel an aerial?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Auto-canceling? What is this? I am confused. I hope this isn't another useless fox boards tech lol.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Auto-canceling is jumping and timing your aerial correctly so that the entire move finishes before you hit the ground. This eliminates any landing lag from the attack (although you still have a very little amount of landing lag from the landing animation) and allows you to chain moves together more quickly and efficiently.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Thats pretty obvious. I'm pretty sure people do that without even thinking about doing it, like DI.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Happy birthday Excel!

NKB, that sucks. What happened?

...oh, happy birthday Steel!
Samurai!

Zephil

Smash Ace
MY booy Excel hbd duude!!

ey btw bad news guys... I quit Fox...

In Brawl+

Iam not leaving it yet in Brawl but I need you guys to help me to stop thinking of quiting it... here in Panama planking is getting spammed and Fox can´t battle that and It looks like my Pit and Snake are destroying while my Fox... meh not so much... I am tired of people asking me if my main is Snake -_-

I love Fox but each day is harder and harder to win here with so many gay MK´s and a lot of Top Tier chars... I am the only one that appears in the top 8 of Panama that doesn´t use a top or high tier char (if we doesn´t count my secondary Snake)...

So guys give me some motivation to still main Fox... my Pit is getting closer and closer to stealing his main title, any advice?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Happy Birthday to all!

NKB, that sucks. What happened?
I am just ignorant. I like let my foot slide off the brake and floored my car into the car in front of me. It felt like illusioning off the stage.

In Brawl+

Iam not leaving it yet in Brawl but I need you guys to help me to stop thinking of quiting it... here in Panama planking is getting spammed and Fox can´t battle that and It looks like my Pit and Snake are destroying while my Fox... meh not so much... I am tired of people asking me if my main is Snake -_-

I love Fox but each day is harder and harder to win here with so many gay MK´s and a lot of Top Tier chars... I am the only one that appears in the top 8 of Panama that doesn´t use a top or high tier char (if we doesn´t count my secondary Snake)...

So guys give me some motivation to still main Fox... my Pit is getting closer and closer to stealing his main title, any advice?
Don't quit Fox. Just play him when you can. I have come to the conclusion at Chu Dat's last brawl bi-weekly that I can't win tourneys alone with Fox, especially when I get get Meep either 1st or 2nd round the past 3 tourneys LOL~!

I tend to choose Kirby or maybe King Dedede first round against ****** match ups (Pika, Sheik, sometimes Falco) and then use Fox for everyone else.

Does panama have planking rules?

I tend to not have to worry about planking because I just run to the other side of the stand and just stand there with my reflector on till my opponents quits being a scrub.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
HAPPY BUFDAAAAAY EEEVERYBODDY~!!!~!!~ YOU'RE ALL SCUMBAAAAAAAAAAGS :3 :3 :3

lulz srsly you guys rock.

also, cuz I'ma noob, can anyone tell me or link meh on when I need to use an aerial to auto cancel, i want to know for all four aerials ;3

Zhamy

Smash Champion

In Brawl+

If your goal is to place higher in tournaments, you should use a better character (or one that's more fit to your playstyle). Unless you're very much more skilled than your opponents, Fox is probably not the best option.

Also, why doesn't your country have planking rules?

Zephil

Smash Ace
If your goal is to place higher in tournaments, you should use a better character (or one that's more fit to your playstyle). Unless you're very much more skilled than your opponents, Fox is probably not the best option.

Also, why doesn't your country have planking rules?
because my country is still noob, now is experiencing for the first time planking... I think the rule of maximum 50 ledge grabs per game would be applied to the next tourneys so I hope to see less plaking here... also is tough to go full Fox when most of the top players here use MK and one uses IC... thanks God there are no good Pikachus neither Sheik here yet...

btw Pit is gay but pro, it feels great to gimp a MK :chuckle:

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
nkb, i feel ur pain with that meep thing. btyf = meep round 2. chu dat dojo = meep 2nd round. i think they got something out against us fox ppl

Top Bottom