• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Zeton and I had a long talk on AiM today about Fox's Lasers and the end result was SHTL is in guys and I want everyone doing it. Change your Y button to "Special" and just X to jump. Or vise-versa. It's so easy to SHTL now is un-real. The hard part of it is retreating SHTL but thats what tech skill is about. If this has been spoken about already Zeton and I will be upset XD. If not i suggest every Fox main pick up this controller scheme and get to work.

Love Always & Yours Truly, R00kie :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
I've had Y set to Special for a loooooooooooooong time now. It was originally to help my Toon Link skillz, but it's also extremely useful for Fox.

And reverse SHTL is hard? Don't tell me my Fox has more "techskill" than you guys....

SHQL Kirby ftw, get *****

DarkAura

Smash Lord
try reverse SHTLing using x as jump B as special across FD

been there done that... once... bout 3 minutes ago... MY FINGERS HURT

i was trying forever and i finally got it only messed up once :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Don't talk about stuff like that, ok guys? =/

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Let me restate, then.

TJoe is excellent at putting roughly cylindrical shapes in his mouth.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Luzluzluzluzluz!~!~!~! I still can't believe you ditched me TJoe during the virus attack. You were gone for like an hour.

And yeah R00kie's Wario is good. Don't let him touch you.
LOL uzi had to tell me how to unblock you, us canadians use msn =3......Zhamy is the one who really ditched you,rather abandoned you LOL he mad cause he scream during teh sex

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
so me and ally just had the umad set of all umad sets, gonna upload it 2mo....even when he sandbags he ***** me,no fair!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm gonna take a small break from tourneys... don't have time to practice (I went to a tournament after not playing since the last tournament x.x), and as such, tournaments are kinda just huge money toilets for me, so right now, I won't be going.

I'll be around the boards some, though...

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
try reverse SHTLing using x as jump B as special across FD

been there done that... once... bout 3 minutes ago... MY FINGERS HURT

i was trying forever and i finally got it only messed up once :D
I do it all the time (Even on Wifi Lag). Ask Jenkins, I don't know whats so hard about it.

XD

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
But, X button is grab :(. How do you grab with Z? Idk I think my fingers are too small but I can't click Z. Ever. It doesn't work for me. Like even back in melee, every grab was a shield grab. To grab I litterally shielded, then pressed A. Thats what I was doing in brawl too b4 I found out I could change x to grab. Also when I boost Pivot grab or whatever its called when you run, slide while turning around and grab, I use shield grab. Works almost every time. So is SHTL really that gud?

Oh and whats it called when you buffer a sliding upsmash the frame you touch the ground? Cuz thats sooo sweet. Its so hard to pull off though and when I do it it's usually on accident. Like people never expect you to hit the ground well out of range of them and in the next 30 frames they're dead.

+1

YESSS almost 1k posts.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Fox's boost pivot grab is too good... I think i have more fun playing as fox than any other character now, that boost pivot makes it so much fun. I've missed combos so bad and i didn't even realize until i picked fox up again...

God, that pivot grab is amazing. Makes me wet myself every time...

Curaga

Smash Ace
I'm gonna take a small break from tourneys... don't have time to practice (I went to a tournament after not playing since the last tournament x.x), and as such, tournaments are kinda just huge money toilets for me, so right now, I won't be going.

I'll be around the boards some, though...
Teach me all that you know.

MegaPlox

Smash Rookie
I come in here for training and Fox techniques I don't already know. So does anyone have any useful techs? If not at least lemme friendly someone that mains Diddy Kong.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i got some samboner vids. Me and him did pretty decent for a low tier master and a wifi king. These are 100% offline. Ill get them up asap.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Pffft. I broke 1000 in 1 month. Get@meh.

Don't ask how, I just talk alot.
*looks at avatar* Oh I get it.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i got some samboner vids. Me and him did pretty decent for a low tier master and a wifi king. These are 100% offline. Ill get them up asap.
Looking forward to them! But I thought Samboner quit?

Also, DarkAura, those combos of yours were pretty dern sexy. How come you were like the least represented crew member though?

Top Bottom