• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wow... I thought about 35% to 40% were female! Well... guess I was wrong.

Might be because of all of the guys he have females in the sig/avy!

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Female Smasher uses Female Smashers xD
I just thought of that... they use Peach, Zelda... etc..

My theory

TFizzle27

Smash Rookie
I'm a girl.

I've been looking for a female smash thread for a few days so I'm happy this one got bumped.

My theory
I guess that's kind of true. I play as Zero Suit Samus and when I would play Melee I used to play as Shiek.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Most gamers on here in general are "massive failures" if by massive failures you mean gamers who have never won a tournament. How many tournaments have YOU won?
Nothing to do with how good they are.

I think he meant socially failures, with that insecure comment. Like us being nerdy, ugly, fat and ungirlish and that sort, thusly playing smash cause we don't have any friends or social contacts and are too insecure to have any besides smashing with random dudes. <_< But at least us girls usually care about our looks moreso than boys do, I know for a fact that milktea for example is far from ugly and another girl smasher from Norway is an actual model (or aspiring to), so they don't really need to play smash to boost their self-confidence. So far from social failures imo. :p
Closer. But not close at all. I find girl gamers you find on the internet to be massive failures because of their annoying attitude towards, well. Being a girl. Nerdy, ugly etc has nothing to do with it. I'm sure they're totally fine outside of the forum/whatever but I just find them to be hella annoying.

Millions of threads like HEY ALL GIRL GAMERS POST HERE WE DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT ON THIS GAME ^__________^. Always without FAIL absolutely HAVING to remark on their gender if someone ever says "dude" or "man" on the end of a comment directed at them. Feeling a massive need to only play female characters and always pick the Pink colour. Thinking they should instantly be friends by association with any other girl they meet as if its just obvious that they have so much in common due to their gender. Having to include indications to their gender in their username all the time annoys me as well. I instantly view anyone with a username blatantly pointing out that they are Female as not worth my time at all, until they prove otherwise. It's basically everything most people hate about political correctness in some twisted reversed way as weird an explanation as that sounds. And whenever called out on anything like this instantly jump back on the argument that the guy in question is upset/jealous/angry because he can never get with/talk to/be friends with girls. And no that one can't be used on me because I myself am Female. And sick to death of other Girls getting on my nerves and making me feel stupider by association. Girl Clans and Girl friendship groups annoy me quite a lot too, possibly the most out of al the stuff listed. So goddarn ignorant and selfrighteous. That and that everyone accepts and likes the people who are exactly like i just mentioned.

But I mentioned "most" please don't any Girl Gamers who aren't anything like i mentioned get offended if this doesn't apply to you. Just realise it isn't aimed at you and let it drift past you. I have still met a lot of girl gamers I like ver the years. Many are awesome but they are the minority. Anyone who claims this type of behaviour mentioned isn't widespread is pretty delusional /not very well internet travelled. of course it's a sliding scale and many cases aren't as extreme as what I was talking but I've still seen lots that were as extreme too so meh. It's easier for you to understand what I'm saying when I list the extremes.

So yeah that's why I generally hate Girl gamers on the internet, even though I'm a Girl gamer on the Internet.

Ange

Smash Lord

My theory
I actually dont prefer to play with the female characters, their fighting styles doesnt really suit me.

I go with Marth, Pika and Wolf. :bee:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

My theory
I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread, but I can't use any of the females in this game. Except Shiek, but she's kinda debatable. xD (By some)

Nicole

Smash Champion
Agreed. Just because a girl plays SSB (or games in general), it doesn't mean she's "ugly" or not social. I'm an incredibly girly social butterfly myself. :D The stereotype that girl gamers aren't pretty or "socially acceptable" needs to go.
No kidding.

Actually, us girl gamers shouldn't be judged on our looks at all, but on our skill at the game. Whether I'm good looking or not has nothing to do with how well I can play Smash.

Ange

Smash Lord
Actually, us girl gamers shouldn't be judged on our looks at all, but on our skill at the game. Whether I'm good looking or not has nothing to do with how well I can play Smash.
Quoted For Freaking Truth.

I agree with every little word.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I main Sheik... but I'm a guy. (am I allowed to post here? :D

oh hai.

nope, i main jiggs/marf.
and learning capt. falcon.
Marth is a princess, what are u talkin' 'bout?? ..He wears a tiara! xD

I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread, but I can't use any of the females in this game. Except Shiek, but she's kinda debatable. xD (By some)
She's debatable? >.< She's no ******! I know her more than anyone else hehehe

So yeah that's why I generally hate Girl gamers on the internet, even though I'm a Girl gamer on the Internet.
PS. It takes balls to be a girl smasher, they are really rare, I gots a few where I live and they are preeetty dang good.

Take out the hypocracy if ya wanna reply. K<Thx>Bai xD

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
Closer. But not close at all. I find girl gamers you find on the internet to be massive failures because of their annoying attitude towards, well. Being a girl. Nerdy, ugly etc has nothing to do with it. I'm sure they're totally fine outside of the forum/whatever but I just find them to be hella annoying.

Millions of threads like HEY ALL GIRL GAMERS POST HERE WE DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT ON THIS GAME ^__________^. Always without FAIL absolutely HAVING to remark on their gender if someone ever says "dude" or "man" on the end of a comment directed at them. Feeling a massive need to only play female characters and always pick the Pink colour. Thinking they should instantly be friends by association with any other girl they meet as if its just obvious that they have so much in common due to their gender. Having to include indications to their gender in their username all the time annoys me as well. I instantly view anyone with a username blatantly pointing out that they are Female as not worth my time at all, until they prove otherwise. It's basically everything most people hate about political correctness in some twisted reversed way as weird an explanation as that sounds. And whenever called out on anything like this instantly jump back on the argument that the guy in question is upset/jealous/angry because he can never get with/talk to/be friends with girls. And no that one can't be used on me because I myself am Female. And sick to death of other Girls getting on my nerves and making me feel stupider by association. Girl Clans and Girl friendship groups annoy me quite a lot too, possibly the most out of al the stuff listed. So goddarn ignorant and selfrighteous. That and that everyone accepts and likes the people who are exactly like i just mentioned.

But I mentioned "most" please don't any Girl Gamers who aren't anything like i mentioned get offended if this doesn't apply to you. Just realise it isn't aimed at you and let it drift past you. I have still met a lot of girl gamers I like ver the years. Many are awesome but they are the minority. Anyone who claims this type of behaviour mentioned isn't widespread is pretty delusional /not very well internet travelled. of course it's a sliding scale and many cases aren't as extreme as what I was talking but I've still seen lots that were as extreme too so meh. It's easier for you to understand what I'm saying when I list the extremes.

That's a bit offensive, really, but I won't take it to heart. I don't mind being called "dude" or "man", everybody says it, and I've never heard of a girl getting bent out of shape over it. My username blatantly says I'm female (Zeruda = Zelda). And I like it. And I'm one of those girls who plays girl characters. THE PINK ONES, ONOZ!!!!! What can I say? I love pink things. I love Peach. LOVE her. She's incredibly adorable, and she was kickass in Melee (still trying to get used to her in Brawl). And I play Zelda. AND Zero Suit Samus. I love them. I like how they work. I still use other characters like Pit and Snake, though. I usually become instant friends with other female gamers. I don't know why. But I also become instant friends with guys, too. I'm in a couple gamer girl clans/clubs/etc, and there's nothing wrong with that. I like to be able to rake in a couple head-shots while being able to discuss what shoes I should wear with my new dress. I don't think there's anything wrong with being like that, not at all. The kind of female gamers I dislike are the ones who put a lot of effort into trying not to be like that. Just be however you are, whether you're the nerdy girl, the sarcastic girl, the girly-girl, and so on. Acceptance is good. <3 <3 <3

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Nope, don't know any.
... what am I talking about, I don't even know anyone that actually owns Brawl :/

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Xiahou
I think you need to think a bit more about the psychology as to why girls like to unite in an environment that's overpopulated with males. It's not as if they, by default, become instant friends, it's more of a breath of fresh air to see someone else of their gender. I would say this doesn't hold true with gender, but also race, but because this is the internet race rarely comes into play.

I do agree that there are some girls that really milk the fact that they are girls on the forum and use it to get extra attention, and that I find to be somewhat deplorable.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Hehe you'll find I'm not nearly as unreasonable and venemous as I probably came across. I've just dealt with seriously a lot of this crap and I'm very bored of it. So yeah maybe I sound like I'm going too far when i talk about it.

I'm a jaded misanthrope, and a proud pessimist. I'm not nearly as bitter as I like to make out. I speak my mind still yes, it's nto coming from nowhere but take it with a pinch of salt. : D

and I've never heard of a girl getting bent out of shape over it.
Really? I see it a lot... :S

My username blatantly says I'm female (Zeruda = Zelda). And I like it.
Heh it's a far cry from the missyblondegirlchixhawtbabe69 I was talking about. I have no problem with your name.

And I'm one of those girls who plays girl characters. THE PINK ONES, ONOZ!!!!! What can I say? I love pink things. I love Peach. LOVE her. She's incredibly adorable, and she was kickass in Melee (still trying to get used to her in Brawl). And I play Zelda. AND Zero Suit Samus. I love them. I like how they work. I still use other characters like Pit and Snake, though.
I mentioned feeling they "Have" to play Girl Characters and pink ones too. That was a major part of the gripe I mentioned. I've seen people demand more female characters in games as they "Can't play as any of the guys" not for any reasons other then because they are male characters. And complaining loudly when characters do not have a pink outfit or option for one. I play as all the Girls save Peach in Brawl. But then I play as all the Guys as well save a couple of them. I just don't like Peach. I'm not going to hold an irrational hatred for anyone who does though.

I usually become instant friends with other female gamers. I don't know why. But I also become instant friends with guys, too.
This is something I just generally geta nnoyed with when it's directed at me. I often get people I just don't particularly like or have any interest in speaking to being really annoyingly forward thinking I should automatically want to become their best buddy straight away because they are the same gender as me. T_T I just want to have a little freedom to choose who I do and do not like...

I'm in a couple gamer girl clans/clubs/etc, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have no problem with the fact that they are all girl clans/clubs. It's this part you should have bee paying attention to.

Xiahou Dun said:
So goddarn ignorant and selfrighteous.
I've seen a lot fo them. And every one without fail has been really unlikable, but this is more an "In personal experience" thign then a general one. And probably shouldn't have been included in my post. Just ignore it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I've seen people demand more female characters in games as they "Can't play as any of the guys" not for any reasons other then because they are male characters. And complaining loudly when characters do not have a pink outfit or option for one.
While I don't complain when there isn't a pink option, I do play the pink outfit on every character I play ('cept Mr. Game and Watch, then I just go red)

I think it annoys my opponent to lose to a girl, and even moreso a girl who puts her character in pink. That's why I do it.

Tennet

Smash Champion
While I don't complain when there isn't a pink option, I do play the pink outfit on every character I play ('cept Mr. Game and Watch, then I just go red)

I think it annoys my opponent to lose to a girl, and even moreso a girl who puts her character in pink. That's why I do it.
Within my group of friends that play Soul Cal 3 having pink in your costume makes you play better. We made Jesus with pink underwear and I went undefeated.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't care much about pink, but I think light blue is awesome color and blue kirby the most cutest game charactere of em all. <3 But I mostly use white chars, like white peach, white marth and so on. Blue zelda all the way though :3

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I've seen a few females play at local smash tournaments and they are good at the game and I also like using the pink colours on some of the characters too because pink is my fav colour and my main is Peach and I'm a guy and its obvious what others will say about me hehe

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Really, when it comes to video games, females shouldn't be considered inferior. the current gender ratio among video gamers is around 60:40 (males, obviously have more), so there are quite a lot of females. I myself am male, But I respect Female video gamers and most Video game characters.. Should smash have more female characters, of course, I can come up with two right now: Krystal, and Dark Samus (yes, Dark Samus is female). Really, I don't care about any gender thing.

Tennet

Smash Champion
What if Ivy got to be in smash...
I know a couple girls that play smash and one is a fan girl of Ike so randomly at school I'll ask her who fights for their friends then I hear a really loud IKE!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
lol..... I know of two females Smashers. One is a ZSS main. The other one mains Mario, Link, Snake and Lucario! Most unfemale mains ever.

TFizzle27

Smash Rookie
That's a bit offensive, really, but I won't take it to heart. I don't mind being called "dude" or "man", everybody says it, and I've never heard of a girl getting bent out of shape over it. My username blatantly says I'm female (Zeruda = Zelda). And I like it. And I'm one of those girls who plays girl characters. THE PINK ONES, ONOZ!!!!! What can I say? I love pink things. I love Peach. LOVE her. She's incredibly adorable, and she was kickass in Melee (still trying to get used to her in Brawl). And I play Zelda. AND Zero Suit Samus. I love them. I like how they work. I still use other characters like Pit and Snake, though. I usually become instant friends with other female gamers. I don't know why. But I also become instant friends with guys, too. I'm in a couple gamer girl clans/clubs/etc, and there's nothing wrong with that. I like to be able to rake in a couple head-shots while being able to discuss what shoes I should wear with my new dress. I don't think there's anything wrong with being like that, not at all. The kind of female gamers I dislike are the ones who put a lot of effort into trying not to be like that. Just be however you are, whether you're the nerdy girl, the sarcastic girl, the girly-girl, and so on. Acceptance is good. <3 <3 <3
Well said, Zeruda!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Xiahou Dun you will want to avoid Allisbrawl like the plague. lol everything you described runs rampant there.

Ange

Smash Lord
I think Im one of these girls that highly dislike typical "girly" stuff, like the color pink or something. :laugh: I always stay away from pink costumes on characters.

I often choose either the default color, blue color or some characters dark colors. OR some random color that Ive grown a liking for.

This pretty much applies for red Pikachu, which Ive used since Melee, dark Wolf, who looks better then the original color IMO and default Marth. I rarely see people use default Marth, or maybe Im not looking close enough. ):>

I somehow have a strange liking for yellow Kirby. I always used blue before.

Atria

Smash Journeyman

My theory
I'm probably the only exception to this. (I'm guessing there should be other females too though...) I guess your "theory" is outdated now ever since I joined these forums. No Smash Bros. Nobel Prize will be awarded to you now Er!ckLZ! :p Because your theory that "Female Smashers Use Female Smashers". is inaccurate! Hopefully, you'll have a better theory for next year! :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I think Im one of these girls that highly dislike typical "girly" stuff, like the color pink or something. :laugh: I always stay away from pink costumes on characters.

I often choose either the default color, blue color or some characters dark colors. OR some random color that Ive grown a liking for.

This pretty much applies for red Pikachu, which Ive used since Melee, dark Wolf, who looks better then the original color IMO and default Marth. I rarely see people use default Marth, or maybe Im not looking close enough. ):>

I somehow have a strange liking for yellow Kirby. I always used blue before.
Whoo! We can be default Marth and Red Pikachu friends :laugh:.

Ange

Smash Lord
I'm probably the only exception to this. (I'm guessing there should be other females too though...) I guess your "theory" is outdated now ever since I joined these forums. No Smash Bros. Nobel Prize will be awarded to you now Er!ckLZ! :p Because your theory that "Female Smashers Use Female Smashers". is inaccurate! Hopefully, you'll have a better theory for next year! :laugh:
Only? I use male characters fo' sho'. :)

Whoo! We can be default Marth and Red Pikachu friends :laugh:.
Whey! :D

/Highfives

Tennet

Smash Champion
I remember when one of my friends told me she was playing brawl at a friend's house and then I started ranting about melee vs brawl that was back when I hated brawl and now I am brawl deprived and want to play...

Lovely

Smash Lord
Wow, theres another thread? ^_^;

I started playing games when I was seven because my mother and father enjoyed games very much, so it rubbed off on me. I'm also friends with two other girls in my gaming group that's very good in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom