• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoko

Smash Cadet
So I was on the pika avatar thread, and while I knew it before, it really made me realize how few female gamers there really are, excluding myself. I forget that you can't really tell by someone's username and most people here are assuming everyone is guys. So I was wondering, how many female smashers there really are on this site?

Kyoko

Smash Cadet
Well...I guess there's my answer...that I am one of the only female smashers out there...

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Well...I guess there's my answer...that I am one of the only female smashers out there...
Nah! I have seen a couple in the meet and greet forum. I'm not sure if they regularly come here. But!...at least I've seen them. You aren't alone.

I think a few female smashers actually go to tournaments. I wish I could give names to prove it. :(

Corigames

Smash Hero
There are a handful of them. I would say 20-30 at most on the boards.
Yet, there are hundreds in general.

However, what is the point?

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Very few. Brawl doesn't strike me as a game many females play (usually you can call it significant if about 40% or more of the game's players are female). Honestly, I've never met a female smasher. Not on the boards, or in real life (I guess I should say "Up until now, I've never seen any female smashers.").

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Tournaments are Snake fests. Both the character, and the fact that it's 99% male.

I've only seen 3 other girls in my region who are any good at any smash game. (sorry if I'm forgetting you)

rove

Smash Apprentice
Right here! I'm a girl, 2 of my homegirls play Smash, and my sister sometimes does a match for sh*ts and giggles. There are also a few lady smashers on the Zelda boards, but mostly gay guys ;P Kidding.
Lol or the peach boards :laugh:

Faith

Smash Apprentice
NO GIRLZ ON THE INTERNETZZ

But besides that the only female smasher I know is a Peach player in my neighbourhood. OLOL the irony of Peach to bad I'm a Peach mainer too on Melee.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You don't see them around too often if ever, I know I haven't. I sometimes have to look in the dictionary to remember what "female" means, I am that horrible. :(

Zodiac

Smash Master
ok im just gonna go off.

Dyna Dash- retired
Milktea
Mooplet -Though she wasnt very well known at all.
theres like four others I know of that I cant remember right now.

mrquestion90

Smash Cadet
I personaly know quiete a few female brawlers who all kick *** one of them i had chalnged a while back but i was never able to play her....

Smash_Girl

Smash Cadet
Here is another girl who loves super smash bros

I remember when I win my first tournament all were surprised
because it was the first time that a girl won a tournament of super smash bros

I know many girls who play smash bros but are ashamed to say

I think that is because they believe that this game is exclusively for boys which is not true

I started playing since he was 10 years old and since then I've won several tournaments (most of them I was the only girl who competed) and I must say that it was the best nine years of my life and not the exchange rate for nothing in the world

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Another one right here. See? You are not the only one ^^

And the "girls don exits on the intarnetz" joke is getting OLD ;P Just saying.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Maybe Smash Bros doesn't appeal to most girls. Anyway which characters do females tend to use? The female ones? Not saying much since I use Peach and I'm male and no I'm NOT gay >.>

Infact, in response to all those Peach jokes, I hereby declare that if Peach users are gay, Zero Suit Samus users are pervy, 60 year old men :chuckle:

Smash_Girl

Smash Cadet
it is not very common to see girls who like to play smash bros

even after win tournaments
I think not be good enough to consider me a great player

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I admire female brawlers that can kick azz. I never take a female brawler lighty. Lots of guys do and go easy on them. And I think thats bullcrap. They are smahers just as us guys. and play to win just like us guys. So it's only fair to show them equal respect in a fight.

Female smashers pwn.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
is that that tournament in FL?

I dont have money for that dude. Im already have a tournament planed in Mass.

Darkurai

Smash Master
It's a known fact that there are no, never were any, and never will be any girls on the internet, and any evidence otherwise is an obvious ploy by God to fool us.

yanna

Smash Rookie
Girl smasher and proud!
Trying Ice climbers! D;

To be honest I felt like i was the only female smasher.. but now..I know there is more. :)

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I have a good friend that's a girl and plays Smash. She owns everyone she plays.

I haven't gotten to play her yet, but when I do...

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Compared to the rest of the gaming world, I believe fighting games have a smaller female population than, say, World of Warcraft. I'm proud to say that I'm one of those few. :D

I can't use ZSS, Peach, or Zelda for the life of me. Space animals, electric rats, and poorly voiced angels for the win.

Quoted.
For.
Truth.

*saves picture*

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I admire female brawlers that can kick azz. I never take a female brawler lighty. Lots of guys do and go easy on them. And I think thats bullcrap. They are smahers just as us guys. and play to win just like us guys. So it's only fair to show them equal respect in a fight.

Female smashers pwn.
Male or Female, I never go "Easy" to anybody, until my Wi-Fi gets properly working, I'll start kicking and getting a lot better :)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
It's a known fact that there are no, never were any, and never will be any girls on the internet, and any evidence otherwise is an obvious ploy by God to fool us.
am I the only one who's sick of this stupid joke?? lol

anyway, the few female smashers i've played were actually very good (& probably actually better than me XD)

the reason there aren't many girl smashers is because most girls I guess don't have a positive view of the smash community or basically any place where gamers come together. since most gamers are male to begin with, they feel free to post idiotic things like "ZOMG theres no girlz on dah intarnetz" crap. :ohwell:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Compared to the rest of the gaming world, I believe fighting games have a smaller female population than, say, World of Warcraft. I'm proud to say that I'm one of those few. :D

I can't use ZSS, Peach, or Zelda for the life of me. Space animals, electric rats, and poorly voiced angels for the win.

Quoted.
For.
Truth.

*saves picture*
WoW has a lot of female players that play only WoW as far as gaming goes, generally to get in on what their friends / signifigant others are doing. A large percentage of them are PvE healers, which could be considered not even playing the game (BAdum PSH. Just kidding, I have a healadin alongside my rogue myself). But yeah, WoW is a lot more accessible than fighting games.

It's actually a biological fact that men get a larger adrenaline and endorphin release upon the feeling of victory than women do, so it's really just an issue of instinctual motivation at base.

At the poster two posts above me... Read the comic =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom